• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need more help with my Lucas.

MotherBoundDX30

Smash Rookie
I'm so awful on wifi and i need help improvement as him. I know how to magnet pull but my timing with it is so bad or that I gotten it right and i still get hit afterwards.

Any form of help is appreciated.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Practice, Practice, Practice

First you should read all of the threads I have in my Stickied Directory and practice it. If you don't know exactly what it is or is too confusing, just ask in the thread of if it's dead just ask in the QnA thread. But one of the most important thing is general Brawl skills. This is something that comes slowly from playing with real people, soon you will be getting better at Brawl, but you can't expect it to be all at once.

So Practice, Practice, Practice.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
Don't be predictable when magnet pulling. If you're fighting lv9 computers who can react to magnet pull (mine can't or don't want to for some reason), try to fight against people and mix up magnet pulls with wavedash'd PK fires combined with airdodge.

Practice shorthop aerials. Use tilts more. Do not, under any circumstance, use PK Freeze. Never use PK Thunder 2 onstage except when you're mindgaming. Don't spam smash attacks. Never charge your smash attacks unless your opponent has broken his/her shield, you're reflecting stuff with fsmash, or your opponent is an infant with Down's.

Don't try to use smash attacks as edgeguards, practice actually going off the stage and knocking your opponent away.

And most important of all, learn to not mess up PK Thunder 2 recovery.

Well I haven't seen any videos of your gameplay so I don't know what to comment. ._.

MotherBoundDX30

Smash Rookie
Don't be predictable when magnet pulling. If you're fighting lv9 computers who can react to magnet pull (mine can't or don't want to for some reason), try to fight against people and mix up magnet pulls with wavedash'd PK fires combined with airdodge.

Practice shorthop aerials. Use tilts more. Do not, under any circumstance, use PK Freeze. Never use PK Thunder 2 onstage except when you're mindgaming. Don't spam smash attacks. Never charge your smash attacks unless your opponent has broken his/her shield, you're reflecting stuff with fsmash, or your opponent is an infant with Down's.

Don't try to use smash attacks as edgeguards, practice actually going off the stage and knocking your opponent away.

And most important of all, learn to not mess up PK Thunder 2 recovery.

Well I haven't seen any videos of your gameplay so I don't know what to comment. ._.
I'm supposed to do a video of my lucas? O_o

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
I use a 3.0 megapixel camera to record my stuff, and rPSI can critique my videos perfectly well

You don't need a capture device, that's for hardcore HQ videomakers.

But yeah, videos of your gameplay aren't necessary but gives us details on what to comment on

Top Bottom