• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need samus vs peach and s vs link help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuclearsilo

Smash Rookie
Tommorrow at school I'm going be facing some pretty good players... :psycho:

a Peach...
and a Link... (they are mainly who I think will be a challenge)

I have a hard time aerial against Peach cuz she can float and what not... plus she has the Toad sheild thing so my missles are kinda useless... :dizzy:

Link has the shield which is annoying cuz missles dont work and the his uair and dair are deadly cuz they have greater range... :(

The stages would be the standard tournement ones: FD, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams,
Pokémon Stadium, Battlefield, Dream Land ect...

Can anyone help me out on so stragities to use against them... It would be greatly appreciated... I can do most of Samus' tricks except the SWD which i do like 25% of the time... THX in advance :p

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
I have some link advice I used somewhere else, but some general ideas to look for (edited):

for link, at low percents, it's better to utilt or at least ftilt out of the dthrow. at higher percents, where link will be able to DI away from your utilt, then a sex-kick will suffice.

for link, one of the best strategies for when he's attacking from the air is to shield. link's moves are slow enough that you can shield-grab out of a handful of them, and the rest you can just up+b out of or wavedash out of the way and ftilt. his aerials will go through your attacks, so that is why shield is a good option.

when recovering against link, don't move yourself away from the stage, that's a really bad idea. link isn't called the toolbox for any reason - he's got plenty of things to throw at your bombs, making your recovery very bleak. a good link player will be good at this, so what you want to do is stay close to the stage, where link has a harder time hitting you, and recover from below. don't use rising grapple, just sweetspot with your up+b. link's up+b will spike you off the edge, as you probably know, so it's important that you stay below where he can hit you.

think about wavedashing out of shield, and staying in your shield against link's attacks. you have options from the shield. and think about pressure with missiles.

spacing

against link, you want to be under him, or in the air, diagonally away from him. right above link is the worst place you can be - a good link will combo you a ton with uairs and utilts. and side-by-side, on the ground, link will pepper you with bombs, boomerang, and arrows, get you to shield, run in and grab you (his grab is way faster than yours, plus it has distance, so in this matchup, link's grab beats yours by a long shot [or a hookshot, in this case ]), then uthrow you, utilt, and uair his way to victory.

link's sword out-prioritizes your aerials - his utilt, uair, and usmash, for example (but more commonly, the uair and utilt).

on fd, you have to get link to jump after you, and then get in underneath him (or get him to lose his second jump, and then battle him in the air with nairs and bairs and missiles). and if he doesn't do that, you have to approach him from the side, but carefully - a good link will be a grabby link, and link's grab will definitely be your downfall. so you have to dodge, and fight back against his projectiles, while keeping your distance. link's moves have more lag on them than yours, so basically what you're looking for is link to mess up, so you can punish him. shielding more, and shield-grabbing for you can help with those things.

in general, link will throw stuff at you, get you to shield, grab you, throw you up, and if you JUMP, he'll just continue to uair you. so try not to jump, and DI away from his throws, it's one of your best bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom