• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i need some advice

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
hello everyone, lately i decided to use every character but i have run into troubles when facing a good link, i want some advice to help me improve my game against them because with some chars i dont really fight them equaly

i would like it, if you give me advices for every character against good links

and dont say anything about my way to writte, im not from USA ok.

i hope that you can help me.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Go around projectiles, if you're jigglypuff or falcon you have some fairly easy combos on him that end in death, otherwise just go for the throw. be careful with up b since it has a fairly large range, and if you let him grab the edge move backwards since I good link player will ledge hop fair or dair.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Work with your grabs, once you have a good link off the edge try to force him to go below your char once this happens edge gaurding shouldnt be very hard..links recoverry sucks and no matter how much you get flamed its the best way to kill him...exploit the weakness

Chars like; Kirby, Jiggly, CF, and pikachu have it very easy agesnt link

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
thanks for your advices, ill work with samus grab, especially, but can you give me a good idea about samus grab on link ill apreciate it

hambread

Smash Apprentice
dodge the bombs and deflect the boomerang with what ever move you have. and then throw and edgehog. watch out for UB.

onegoal...heaven

Smash Journeyman
Try and get as close to Link as possible and don't let him get too far to throw booms and stuff. Watch out when teching because Link can catch people who tech, easily. Do what the other guys said, grab and edgehog, rush that Link.

hambread

Smash Apprentice
link's recovery is bad, but the thing which contributes to him dying everytime he gets off stage is because his UB is too predictable. abuse that! a simple dtilt can probably take care of him if he tries to sweetspot.
just watch out for link's projectile covers.

felix45

Smash Lord
if you can't do what everyone here is telling you to do you can always be mario and spam fireballs or do a link ditto. you ar etrying to play every character in the game right?

oh and good counterpick stage against link is dreamland. the smaller the stage vs link the better.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
if you can't do what everyone here is telling you to do you can always be mario and spam fireballs or do a link ditto. you ar etrying to play every character in the game right?

oh and good counterpick stage against link is dreamland. the smaller the stage vs link the better.
That depends on the link player, i find my link doing better on DL due to those platforms :p

Top Bottom