• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need some help

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
i have a friend who plays as Sheik and no matter what i do i can't beat him, i saw the Gojira vs Mew2King match for inspiration but it still won't work, please give me some tips on how to beat him.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
i've already done that. but i always lose in tournys to him and its starting to piss me off because i can't do anything to beat him.

MagnuM

Smash Ace
If the cute dragon/turtle/dinosaur - like creature that your friend is beating up repeatedly does not stir a huge internally moral issue in him, I'm just afraid there is no way to defeat such unspeakable evil!

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
If the cute dragon/turtle/dinosaur - like creature that your friend is beating up repeatedly does not stir a huge internally moral issue in him, I'm just afraid there is no way to defeat such unspeakable evil!
this post deserves 4 rawrs!

magnum gets the funniest bowser award! (too bad his post was entirely true T-T)

Gojira

Smash Lord
this is like to most broken matchup I swear...

Bowser cannot beat sheik unless you F-Smash during a stage change.......its your only hope....or look at him and say "how can you do this to Bowser? What did he ever do to you"

Try YS against his sheik and hope you win.

-or-

I saw this one a while ago....Wavedash sooooo much that he gets a headache by the screen shaking...the just spam F-Smash.

Or do this ad he will not be able to lose to you do to the increased Bowser sexiness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b6DyIGOHOM&mode=related&search=

BTW, did you watch my whole match vs Mew2King or the small clip where I owned him?

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
well, i saw that clip, and i saw a segment of your match, i tried some of the stuff i saw, but he's just too good, and i think that his gamecube hates me or something because he's always the first person i play.

Smash Master
You can't do much in the air, since Sheik can just go up and chop you. You can't do much in your shield because of needle spam. Try mixing up tilts with F-Smashes to keep her off guard. Get her to commit to the air with empty short hops and Fortress out of Shield if the tilts stop working. Really, though, you should second a Sheik counter because this is an ugly matchup for Bowser.

nightcape1

Smash Apprentice
Acc. to the latest smash stats, in a match between a bowser and a shiek of equal skill, bowser has a zero% chance of winning. It also sounds to me like this guy has more skill than you, seeing as how you counterpicked and still lost, and judging from how you describe him. That being said, you need a backup character that has a ridiculously easy learning curve and is decent against a sheik... you need to pick up Marth... ahhh! I can't believe I just said that! But it's true... Marth has one of the easiest learning curves in the game, and he fares better against sheik. My advice would be to check out the Roy forums and train as roy, then when you get good with him, check out the marth forums and switch to marth. by that time, you will know how to play marth skillfully, and you can still maintain bowser as your main. for a bowser player, switching to marth is almost as bad as losing to sheik, but you have to decide which is more important.;)

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
Wait, you've unplugged his controller, and you STILL lose to him in tournies? Umm.....:dizzy:
I've acctually never been to a tourney, but I am planning to make it to the next one in Ottawa. And I stopped unplugging it because he then has a little anger fit and starts throwing things at me.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
Yorpy has an annoucement *hem hem*

Yorpy and his amazing boozer skills 4 stocked his friend's Sheik in our monthy tourneys! It felt so good to finally beat him for once, now everyone is making fun of him because he lost to a boozer! Of course I was wiped out in the semis by my buddy's Samus (witch is a another bad match-up), but I finally beat him!

Gojira

Smash Lord
You can't do much in the air, since Sheik can just go up and chop you. You can't do much in your shield because of needle spam. Try mixing up tilts with F-Smashes to keep her off guard. Get her to commit to the air with empty short hops and Fortress out of Shield if the tilts stop working. Really, though, you should second a Sheik counter because this is an ugly matchup for Bowser.
bowsers fair comes off lightly slower but has a tad bit mroe range so his fair should beat sheiks unless you got tilted then

Smash Master
It's slower, Bowser isn't the most maneuverable, so Sheik can get in his range. Bowser loses the f-air battle to Sheik, IMO

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Unplug his controller, seriously!
haha dont get grabbed... or tilted... or needled... or...

you know what just unplug his controller.
Seriously.. the best advice ever... like i have been enlightened on how to play... and i spit milk all over the place.. and i wasn't even drinking milk...

I'm going to have to go with them, play the boozer cute card and if it don't work angrily unplug his controller, cry and tell him how insensitive your friend is, then leave really fast.. that'll learn him :chuckle:

Top Bottom