• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need to learn advanced techniques.

holypho

Smash Apprentice
learn marth the sword of greatness will be on your side.... Everyone sponsor a character ?

mainlink

Smash Cadet
I plan to learn every character, but the ones I like to play as first. Link, Luigi, Sheik, Falco. I need to finish mastering Link first. Then I think Falco will be next. C. Falcon would be interesting. He never really appealed to me, though.

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate the advice.

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
it's better to be good with one character than be bad with all of them. I strongly suggest just focusing on one guy for a while, just like a lot of people already told you

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Well, I checked those links out, and I realize I have a lot to learn. I have never seen the game played so welll... I was like wtf. I've started practicing some techniques, but they're difficult. More practice. I want to perfect my Link and Luigi. Ness and Sheik. Probably Falco and Samus, too. I really only like playing witch characters I like. Link is slow and whatever, but I feel that with strategies any character can be on top. I have a good understanding on how to use Link and Luigi, I just need to learn the techniques that I saw and read about. Thanks for all the help.
Mario's a good starter character IMO, though if you're dead set in sticking to those four, try to reduce the characters you mainly play with to about 2. 6 characters to multi-task with can potentially disrupt each others' games (unless you're Azen LOL).

IMO Most useful techniques to learn and ones you should learn first:
-Shorthop
-Fast-Fall
-L-Cancel
-Wavedash (if you're using Luigi and Link)
-Shieldgrab (Shield with R, Hold it, then press A)

Watch videos of Luigi Ka-Master and GERM to see your favorite characters go beast.
Oh, and don't abuse Smashes/Bmoves. :D

Hope this helps.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Mario's a good starter character IMO, though if you're dead set in sticking to those four, try to reduce the characters you mainly play with to about 2. 6 characters to multi-task with can potentially disrupt each others' games (unless you're Azen LOL).

IMO Most useful techniques to learn and ones you should learn first:
-Shorthop
-Fast-Fall
-L-Cancel
-Wavedash (if you're using Luigi and Link)
-Shieldgrab (Shield with R, Hold it, then press A)

Watch videos of Luigi Ka-Master and GERM to see your favorite characters go beast.
Oh, and don't abuse Smashes/Bmoves. :D

Hope this helps.
I think Link should abuse B -moves lol.... Bombs and boomerang?

mainlink

Smash Cadet
I am currently focusing on Link, and only Link. Trying to get down SHFFLing, I can't preform any combos with it yet though. I always have a boomerang or bomb most of the time. I don't use the bow to much. I'm gonna master one technique till I don't even think about it, then move on to the next technique.

Overload

Smash Lord
Do yourself a favor and practice L-canceling from the beginning with only hitting R or L slightly down instead of all the way down. I learned it while hitting L all the way down and now I miss techs when I get hit while trying to l-cancel. I wish some one told me this while I was starting to practice. =\ When you hit L or R all the way down you cannot use L or R again to tech for I think its something like 20 frames (1/3 of a second) so if some one hits you while you were inputting an L-cancel you will miss the tech then get kneed and die. :(
I have the same problem. I hit it all the way down from the start. I need to try to break this habit.

pacostaco123

Smash Cadet
L canceling is super super important with Link because he is slow as hell without it. It makes him so much more mobile. Learn to shuffle with Link. That will make you much better much faster. And also don't plan on "mastering" anyone. You wont. Even pros have not "mastered" their own characters. That is why the metagame is still changing. Just get really good :laugh:

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Watch germ videos.

Quick tip: When you have a bomb, jump and press z while not movie the control stick. You will drop the bomb.

After you get that down... Shorthop-Bombthrow/drop-WD forward/back

mainlink

Smash Cadet
I am slowly finding these things out during play. I almost have L canceling down, it does make his recovery a lot faster. I can SHFFL, but I don't get the L cancel part everytime. So I guess it's just SHFF. Still practicing techniques everyday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=istiKjm8UnU can anyone tell me how Link does the boomerang/hookshot thing at the beginning? I have tried a bunch, and the boomerang hits me, I push A, but I don't go up real high. I just pull myself up and hang on the legde.

xbombr

Smash Ace
I have tried a bunch, and the boomerang hits me, I push A, but I don't go up real high. I just pull myself up and hang on the legde.
It doesn't work in the NTSC 1.2 or PAL versions, IIRC.

So you probably just have the 1.2 version with the glitch removed.

mainlink

Smash Cadet
Man, that stinks. I would use that all the time, it looks so fun. How do I tell what version of the game I have?

Skye93

Smash Rookie
There are a lot of Advanced Techniques.

You could waveland, wave shine, waveshield, sticky feet, moon walk (yes you can lol), , shffl (short hop, free fall, arial, L-cancel), dash dance, dance cancel, crouch cancel, pivot, Jc grab, teching, chain throws, and powershield.

mainlink

Smash Cadet
What is sticky feet, JC grab and teching. I've heard them before, but I don't know what they are. and waveshine.

Top Bottom