• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Need Your Help (About Depression)

ITs HxC TOASTER

Smash Rookie
I may not post here much, but I've lurked around here a lot. And from what I've seen, Smashboards is a pretty supportive community for the most part. So I thought I might ask you guys for help. You see, my girlfriend recently went out of state, and she'll be gone for a month. We're used to seeing each other at least every weekend, normally more. And recently she has told me she doesn't feel connected with me while she's gone, she doesn't feel like she loves me while she isn't close. She feels like whenever we talk it's just words, not meaning.

So last night we talked about what to do about this, and she ended seeming upset and told me not to talk to her until further notice. And I'm very, very sure that everything will be fine when she arrives home. Earlier in the talk last night I asked if everything would be alright when she gets back, and she said "Yes, things will be amazing when I get home to see you." But we used to talk basically all day, every day. And now not talking to her is killing me.

I've never been really depressed in my life, but this is depressing me. I don't feel like doing anything, I don't feel like talking to anyone, I don't feel like eating. My stomach hurts and I have headaches. I'm a Christian, so I've been praying for this to be better and for everything to work out alright, but it obviously hasn't yet.

So ask any questions you want to and offer up any advice. Just to give you some background knowledge, I'm 16 and my girlfriend is 14 but we are both very mature for our age. We have been dating for 9 months, almost 10. We love each other very much, we honestly would like to be together forever.

So I don't know what I'm really asking here, but if anyone can help me to deal with this here on Smashboards, I'm asking for your help.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
You're at an age when a relationship can really pull you to emotional extremes, but don't forget it's a learning experience. Your girlfriend is at adolescence, and by the end of it, she will probably be a different person with different priorities.

With her or without, you're still a unique person with many experiences ahead of you. You have infinite directions to travel, so don't get hung up if one doesn't work out in the end.

BBQTV

Smash Master
when a girl says its alright its not. you see girls say things but mean something else and get mad at guys when they dont see it. no offence but that is ********

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I've had the experience of a long-distance relationship (somewhat, anyway, we didn't see each other often enough), so I understand what it's like to miss someone like this. Problems are bound to happen when you go too long without seeing one another, so it's not unusual. If you're that deep in a relationship, she's likely to feel more connected after she returns. Sudden change in a close relationship can often provoke emotional reactions that will fade with time.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeah, honestly, I think your girlfriend may just be getting a bit bored of the relationship. At your (or rather, our) age, we don't really know what we want yet, and we'll end up as completely different people in a few years. As nice as the concept of being together forever is, it won't happen.

I know it sucks, but things may not work out as well as they used to between you and your girl. Sorry dude =/

Spire

III
BRoomer
You're in high school right? After graduating, I realized all of my high school relationships were just silly and that at this age, it's better to let yourself be free to just do whatever, rather than staying tied down, stressing yourself out with bounds that you just aren't ready for. Buckle down with a serious relationship in several years, but for the time being, just take it easy man :)

It ain't a crime to be good to yourself.

BBQTV

Smash Master
You're in high school right? After graduating, I realized all of my high school relationships were just silly and that at this age, it's better to let yourself be free to just do whatever, rather than staying tied down, stressing yourself out with bounds that you just aren't ready for. Buckle down with a serious relationship in several years, but for the time being, just take it easy man :)

It ain't a crime to be good to yourself.
if you know what he means *wink*

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Alright, i have no real experience with relationships. However, from one Christian to another, i can give u the advice to pray. Pray to God that it'll turn out alright. Maybe you two will be back to loving eachother, or maybe you two will have to move on. Whatever happens, know that it's God's will. Worst Case scenario, you two break up. I'm not trying to be rude but so what? Like some of these guys are saying, at this point you are constantly changing, hormones raging, and puberty. In several years you will inevitably be a very different person. And u may see that this girl is not right for you. Who knows? Maybe you two will survive this fiasco. But even if u don't, please don't think it's the end of the world. It's not. God still has many great plans in store for you. If u want some more help, i suggest joining this group http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=441 Alot of the ppl in there are rly nice and smart (trust me, they're smart). I'm sure some of the people there will be able to help.

God Bless.

ITs HxC TOASTER

Smash Rookie
Thanks to everyone for your advice and your help. Like I said before though, i'm sure things will be fine when she gets home, we're not breaking up. But I have an update for everyone, we're talking again and she's happy again. We still miss each other of course, but I'm out of my depression and things are looking up. Thanks again everyone :)

soju

SD God
lol i was gonna say stuff, but these friendly people from the smash community put
my point out nicely

glad your feeling better though

I'm 16 and diagnosed with depression, so I know what your going through.

Just don't count the days. You can do anything you want until she gets back :)
Meh the best thing "for me" that helped w/ my depression was having
friends that were there for me and listened :3 oh and just doing stuff
that keeps your mind off of things (ex. for me when I feel overwhelmed
I go and jog outside for however long it takes for me to feel better
oh and video games help too ^.~)

Lucian

Smash Cadet
I'm glad everything is getting better for you and your girl, If it happesn agian try not to be to hard on yourself, she wouldn't want you to make yorself sick over it ya know.

Top Bottom