• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need your help, ZSS mains.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
OK, so I'm trying to use ZSS as a secondary. I have some questions about her:

1) Why are you supposed to DSmash twice? When I do that it doesn't give any extra stun, it only gives an extra 11% damage. Could someone clear this up for me?

2) What are some good combos that go past 30%?

3) Should you use forward B as a spacing tool, or keep it fresh for killing purposes?

4) Is the fact that Nair never decays a glitch or intentional?

Thanks in advance. :)

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
1) Why are you supposed to DSmash twice? When I do that it doesn't give any extra stun, it only gives an extra 11% damage. Could someone clear this up for me?
Extra damage doesn't make sense to you?
2) What are some good combos that go past 30%?
Double d-smash -> anything.
3) Should you use forward B as a spacing tool, or keep it fresh for killing purposes?
That's up to you.
4) Is the fact that Nair never decays a glitch or intentional?
Does it really matter?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
1. You've pretty much answered your own question. Extra damage is always preferred.

2. dsmash x2 -> dash attack -> utilt is pretty incredible if they DI in at low percents. If they DI away, you can end it with dtilt. If they DI in at higher percents, you can follow up with uair. Basically, what Cake said. Just be creative in what you do after dsmash x2.

3. It depends on the character, how the match is going for you at that moment, and any number of other factors. Just keep at least one KO move fresh.

4. I don't think we'll ever know, but it's pretty nice, I'd say.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Thanks for the help guys. It's just that whenever I DSmash twice the opponent almost always escapes (clearly I'm timing it wrong), and a lot of places imply that doing it twice is mandatory.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Heh, actually cake there is one reason not to do double down smash but its for the huge launch when you downsmash jab jab*(launches extra high for some reason), jump uB (whiff just for extra jump), jump u-air, it combos :D, and it kills pretty **** early on low ceiling stages.

Otherwise though D-smash D-smash press buttons.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
The only time you don't double D-smash is when you're timing a kill, basically. It's certainly harder to double D-smash and spike with a Flip Jump than to just D-smash once and give yourself some time to prepare.

noradseven

Smash Lord
The only time you don't double D-smash is when you're timing a kill, basically. It's certainly harder to double D-smash and spike with a Flip Jump than to just D-smash once and give yourself some time to prepare.
I think I was getting at this but I was just thinking about the round I played a few minutes ago so I was all :dizzy:

Top Bottom