• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I owe 170$ in toll violations

HugS™

Smash Lord
Stabbed by A nipple's piece of **** tournament cost me 170$ in toll violations because I got off on the wrong exit with the exact same name as the correct exit. Rather than paying AGAIN to get back in, i figured I was cool. Oh, and there was both a toll to get off on this street, and a toll to get back on through this street. I paid neither because well, I HAD JUST PAID NO MORE THAN 1 MINUTE PRIOR.

Why in the **** would you name 2 exits under the same exact name.

Then I went to eat and apparently I didn't pay to get off the free way?
You have to pay to get off? What the ****ing christ is this ****ing **** all about? God ****ing dammit.

And I was DQ'd from winners, piece of ****!!!!!

Ok so anyways, this thread is to have you all try and help me avoid paying this ****. There's gotta be something I could do, right?

HugS™

Smash Lord
Yeah, too bad mapquest defaults to include toll roads...

And I default to drive on regular a** freeways.

There's a big conflict there.

EDIT:
It cost me more to NOT play at that tournament than I won @ Activegamers.
Piece of ****.

brownsheep

Smash Journeyman
when i went bar hopping with friends in fullerton, we got jaywalking tickets. ****ing 255 dollars each. but i just went to court and the judge reduced the amount. he literally said "if you plead guilty, i can lower the amount to 97 dollars." i was innocent for 255, but definitely guilty for 97.

is there a court date listed on the ticket you received in the mail? if so, go to court in the morning anytime between now and that date. if not, you might still be able to contest the violation in writing. . .i think that's how the 91 does it with their fastrak lanes.

what freeway did you so egregiously violate?

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
****sux

I got ticketed too there

but only 50$

Its a little late now but stabbed should definitely post something on his first page about the toll roads if he hasnt already

HugS™

Smash Lord
I can contest it by letter, then take further action from there if my appeal is declined.

But I'm reading all over the internet that people never win on Toll Violations, and that I should just pay because I have no chance.

D

Deleted member

I'd fight it since it's the same name.

I know someone who got 6, wheres you got, what 2? I'm not naming names, but lol.

Also NJ is way worse than any situation you can describe, sorry Hugo. There's something called the Garden State Parkway where the tolls are literally every 2 miles, and each toll you have to pay exactly 4 quarters, and if you get off of the parkway to find quarters, the ****ing banks aren't authorized to make change on the basis that they would run out of quarters.

brownsheep

Smash Journeyman
explain the situation and offer to pay one of the two violations in the letter. there's no way you'll get off both, 1/2 is more likely. good luck man.

HugS™

Smash Lord
I made 261$ in poker today, so nevermind.

Everything is cool again.

Zoap

Smash Master
Apparently toll violations are very hard to get out of unless you talk to an actual toll person. He said the fee is usually the toll + $25 for each violation. If you ignore the violation it can go up to $45 per and problems with DMV.

Top Bottom