• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I played on console today

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
The battery is busted in my smashbros cartridge so items had to be on and no falcon jiggs luigi or ness.
We pretty much ignored the items, but we did grab some which we called cheating, but there was some hilarity there.
Main point is I could do a lot of technical stuff and really good combos/DI which no matter what I find harder on the emulator.

Fox is such a beast on console 64, shine cancelling, insanely long combos and techchasing and lasers.

Anyone else here get offline and play console recently? For me it's pretty rare but I found some free time today and meh, I love smash.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
lol my battery on my cartridge died too.. nintendo has a thing they sell which is the screwdriver that opens the cartridge and a battery it's like 5 dollars lol i might get one

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yeah im ordering one soon just for the sake of having it. But my smash64 is at my brother in laws house (he lives literally 5 mins away) and this video game guy from Microplay is gonna hook him up with the replacement battery.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I still play on console very often with like 3 or 4 good players and we only have 3 controllers.
Any suggestions on how to play with 3 at the same time? (FFA sucks)

Btw, god dªmn it its much much easy to play characters like falcon on keyboard than on console.
For slower characters, there isnt much difference.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Yes, console is tha shiznit. Nothing better, especially since you find N64s with Smash Bros in them just about everywhere in people's places.

Even the N64 controller is nice to have for this game. Until recently I was forced to always play online with an Xbox360 controller, I finally got an N64 controller working with my sketchy Chinese adapter and I played much better thanks to the familiarity. I could shine-cancel properly again!

Any suggestions on how to play with 3 at the same time? (FFA sucks)
I host a kind of "smash club" from time to time, mainly Melee, sometimes 64 and Brawl (although I never touch the Brawl matches haha). When we have only 3 people playing a certain smash game, we play a few FFAs and then go 1v1 for the rest of the time. If everyone's good, watching the matches is fun too, so you don't get bored.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
You seriously live in the wrong place.
Everyone played smash64 at some point in their lifetime... or so it seems from everyone I've been meeting recently. I was at someone's place the other weekend playing beer pong, suddenly a guy flips on Smash64 with a few other people. I go in and wreck'em all at once :p

I've met a lot of people who play this game, whether for casual fun or think they're really good. I guess Smash64 is just *the* university game around my part of the world...
Lol that happened to me as well. End-of-season University intramurals floor hockey team. We went to one guy's place to party, everyone drank / other stuff (I didn't, since I don't drink... at least not yet). Later in the night, some people want to play smash 64. I join them and destroy them all lol (they don't know how to combo :p)

I host a kind of "smash club" from time to time, mainly Melee, sometimes 64 and Brawl (although I never touch the Brawl matches haha). When we have only 3 people playing a certain smash game, we play a few FFAs and then go 1v1 for the rest of the time. If everyone's good, watching the matches is fun too, so you don't get bored.
Once again, same with me. There's 3 people that play smash 64 (me, Lisum, and Nybb... both also post here from time to time). We all play competitively, and are good enough that watching each other play and sitting out is fun as well.

Wow our 64 communities are identical... even though we are on the opposite sides of Canada :p

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Wow our 64 communities are identical... even though we are on the opposite sides of Canada :p
Lol must be a Canadian thing. Canada loves smash64.

The other day I'm walking through the "student ghetto" and I see smash64 on the TV, through someone's window.
Pikachu battling it out with someone else. Probably Kirby :laugh:

Some people at my university even held a Smash64 tournament last year. I'm hosting one myself this year too, since the rules were totally ****ty at that one and the TVs were almost all laggy HDTVs. It's going to be fun times (and CRTs ONLY), you should come down and we could play teams together :p

Do you ever get random challenges every now and then, or people claiming to be really good or "run the show" with a certain character? And then you call them out and destroy them? This happens a lot too. You talked about folks not knowing how to combo, but it's also funny when you move too quick for them to react. Or when they always jump into your edgeguards. etc.

We should match Smash crews one day and battle it out. 64, Melee. I have more good Melee players here than 64 players, however. There are two Melee players here who are absolutely ridiculously good (one of whom I think is somehow still on the Canada power ranking despite not playing in any tourneys for a looong time, since he was at #1 for a while). I'm the only Smash64-er in that niche around here...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
BEEF!ville

how Dan got his godly skills from raw pieces of alberta cow meat we'll never know. Lets all move to alberta eat BEEF and get godly at smash. Console FTW

Hmmm the montreal area probably has the best MELEE players in canada.

One day I plan to host a ssb64 tournament in montreal with my brother in law, but thatll be probably in a few years when I'm more financially set up haha

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
^Same, no one wants to play 64 with me here. Even when someone brings it at the weeklies I end up beating 2-3 people and then it get's remove for a brawl setup.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
They just wuss out cuz we own so much in the REAL smash brothas and they wanna wavedash and fastfall during attacks and dodge in the air like scared little girls

AMIRITE

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
We should match Smash crews one day and battle it out.
Or how about this? Online 64 crew match: West Canada vs East Canada. Top... 10? from each region take part :p

Or Canada vs US crew match, top 10 from each side :p

See which region has the best crew lol :p

Though if we could do this in person, that would be even better. That said, convince East Canada to come to the next SFU tournament!!!

UWOcho

Smash Apprentice
Dae where abouts in toronto are you/which school are you at? me and a few buddys are really big into smash 64 (console only).. but theyre not too great (kinda funny.. theyre always yelling all game "HOW DO YOU DO THESE COMBOS!?!?!?" when i utilt lock em with ness for a few %)
one of them isn't half bad.. he's just too impatient to really get his zcancelling down properly and he'll always pick kirby..

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
I re-ordered an N64 and smash with two new controllers through Amazon just to practice offline combos. Totally worth it, and even better when I have company over.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Dae where abouts in toronto are you/which school are you at? me and a few buddys are really big into smash 64 (console only)..
I'm around St. clair & mt pleasant area in Toronto. I go to uni in Kingston, this weekend I'm in Toronto but I'm going back up to Kingston soon (working there over the summer).

I'll be making more visits to Toronto this summer, so let me know if you're up for getting that crew together and we can all play on a weekend when I'm in the city. I'm pretty good so we'll have some good games for sure.

I assume you're at UWO by your username. (my brother went there!) If you ever swing by Kingston during the summer/school year with a crew of people to play 64, I can promise you a hosted day of smash at my house there. During the school year I regularly have people come over to play (mostly Melee, but I have turned some people onto 64 as well) which means we'd have a lot of people to play with. I'm also going to be hosting some smash tourneys during the school year on weekends, and I'd be able to house you for a weekend if you wanted to join in. Last time there was a 64 tournament here it had a great turnout, also a Brawl tourney got a good deal of people too.

UWOcho

Smash Apprentice
good stuff mate, ive got a bunch of buddies up at queens. are you on msn by chance? hit me up spideykiks@hotmail

too bad not many people in london are into smash (a few melee, me+1 for n64)
+
im FINALLY ordering a few gc controllers so i can get good at that game, so i'll have to get my *** handed to me quite a bunch til i'm decent

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
im FINALLY ordering a few gc controllers so i can get good at that game, so i'll have to get my *** handed to me quite a bunch til i'm decent
lol story of my life around here. I'm still not great though, need to play more.

Yeah lots of people play smash around here but they're all casual players. The kind you 5-stock with little effort, and they don't come regularly each week to smash. They're fun to warm up against for the tourney though, and then the real challenge will come from facing the folks I smash with, who I will carefully and specifically divide so that we all face each other near the end of the tourney...

I added you to MSN!

Sucks that Queen's homecoming is still considered canceled right now... whatever ends up actually happening, I don't know, but that would be a good weekend to meet up since you're guaranteed some solid jams :chuckle: and probably a place to stay with your buddies there

UWOcho

Smash Apprentice
i might've misclicked when you added me to msn (pm me yours if i messsed that up)
when i heard next years homecoming was cancelled (cant hardly blame them, this years was... well you know, you were there ;)) i was pretty pissed.. its my guilt-free excuse to visit everyone up in kingston. looks like i've got a new one now

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
My drummer is going to be recording drum tracks for my first ever album "Bloodshed" from my band Sacrifycia

/Shameless band whoring

a LOT of time has gone into this and there's more money to get together but I'm looking forward to recording my tracks and of course watching the cd get mixed professionally step by step, although we plan to do most of this ourselves, the only studio time we require is for the drums.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
US vs Canada in Smash64?

I think Isai would decide who wins!

We have some 1337 smashers here too dont forget!...most of which the public have never seen on console...

We know what you've got...but do you know what we bring? Bwahaha

NixxxoN

Smash Master
USA has almost 10 times the Canada population and i bet 10 times more top players aswell

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
yes, but that doesn't say anything about the quality of these top players :p

Plus having more people means nothing in a crew match.

USA would probably win, but it would be much closer than people think. Maybe an upset? :p

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Nixxxon defending USA......NOOOOOOOOO...!!!

lol ok enough of that, the amount of people dont always make for better players. Plus as I said, you guys have never seen most of the better Canadian Smashers play...but you have the american players. So you really dont know.

The only huge buster in this match is Isai vs Canada :|

Next up, Peru vs UK!!

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Ok then you could organize a USA vs Canada crew, would be cool to see how Canada would get owned do against USA.

j/k it could b interesting

malva00

Smash Master
let's see we have

smoke2jointz
tigerbombz
sensei
isai
darthfox
eric cartman
frog
trigger

dunno about the last two spots could be between
peek
valoem
megavolt
sheermadness
fireblaster
nintendude
kefit
MATTS! for kirby pwnage XD

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i can be one of the spots and then it can either be peek,nintendude,sheer or fireblaster for the other spot

peek hasn't been online for about 2 months now so kefit can sort of replace peek in maybe being in the spot.

just my 2 cents

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
this is what canada has I think:

superboom
ybombb
unityole
dylan_TNGA
zen yore
Surri-Sama
B link
Daedatheus
HolyQuebec
RichNF

I would put Justapnoy and Fabrian on there, but I think they don't play anymore

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
SuperBoom and TNGA are the only people on that list I've seen play in real life...or at least a real life recording on youtube...."as real as it gets" (see if anyone understands that reference)

I play with my eyes shut on console btw

Top Bottom