• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I QUIT (the game), SOMEONE ELSE TAKE OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
because bair is so "short ranged" and has a "small hitbox" yet they don't realize in general it's still good and has a DISJOINT but compared to Ike its small xD

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
since we are on this talk about this stage , I would like to ask if Bairing a potencialy spiking character like ganon is a good idea? Atleast to get enough time to find your balance in the water. Is there any other person I should be careful on while playing this stage? thanks. Ill be checking out the CPing guide , later

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
so only 1 is faster than all of Ike's aerials.... why do people keep forgetting Ike's bair comes out on frame 7.
The thing about that is that bair only hits behind Ike. In the water, it's not quite as viable. As such, Ganon can easily prevent you from spiking him if he uairs or nairs correctly.

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
The thing about that is that bair only hits behind Ike. In the water, it's not quite as viable. As such, Ganon can easily prevent you from spiking him if he uairs or nairs correctly.
Hold on man do not forget that Ike's bair is actually kinda irregular , he has hitbox on his head and on his body in general and of course the obvious hit box on the sword . Even though you do have a point , his bair is not that viable in the water. Has anyone tried doing eruption in the water? or is that just plain dumb? My reason of bringing eruption to the discussion is that , well I tend to miss people when I try to spike them in water so; maybe a attack with a huge hitbox could help people like me. Or maybe I just need a whole lot of practice to never miss a spike in the water.

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
Right I kinda imagined it but hey I found a neat trick that could help in a water battle. You aether just by tapping jump when ur in the water and you'll start your aether while you're still in the water .This way you can escape and re-plan a spiking attempt , how does that sound?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
ok for this discussion we should go with: Get this stage banned from tournament play. But for casual fun here are some tricks:

-insert stage discussion-

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
yah... uhh no, you can't hit Ike out of aether with those because he is above you. MK can't keep Ike from spiking him in the water why do you think ganon can?

Bair is just as viable as ganons others aerials as well.

§leepy God

Smash Master
pictochat is a ******** stage that I've been trying to ban in the SBR since the game was released.
But why? I think this is one of Ike's good stage's because he can counter anything that attacks in this stage and the fall area's isn't high at all so he can come back easier in this stage. Oh well, I guess many people don't like this stage.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I happen to like this stage. >_> But I don't have strategies for this stage really....wall infinites when they come up, knock people into the hazards, lots of places with Aether sliding, and good platforms for Uair abuse.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
But why? I think this is one of Ike's good stage's because he can counter anything that attacks in this stage and the fall area's isn't high at all so he can come back easier in this stage. Oh well, I guess many people don't like this stage.
It's not the job of the false SBR to keep stages counterpickable if their character does well on this stage.

Although I may disagree with Umbreon's choice, there is another thread which I do not really care enough to go to that I can argue why it shouldn't be banned, and this thread needs to be on how Ike does on side-stage, because not every place has it banned as of yet.

Have y'all checked Las Vegas' stage-viability? Picto is a legal CP! Personally I love this stage, either as Ike or as Sonic (though I would think my Sonic is much more comfortable on this stage since he can keep up with the transformations better than my Ike can, but once he gets settled in oh boy).

The stage transformations are random, but IIRC none of them willl get picked twice in one same rotation, meaning you won't see it again unless you go through ALL of the transformations, or the match ends. In the competitive environment, it's going to be the ladder. Out of all said transformations, only a few have hazards, and even fewer capable of killing you. If ike can get settled in somewhere, it should be just dandy when he happens to be in the right place at the right time.

someone care to go over all 27 stage formations? Or should we stay general?
I just wish I had a referential to go by so I COULD describe to you my opinion on each transformation, care to supply that for me, somebody?

Anyway what is universal about the stage is that it has quite the large ceiling blastzone. Taking characters like Weegee here who not only relies on vertical kills, but is also very slow and with low ground traction, this place makes it very hard for him to keep up. Just try not to be on the recieving end of something like Snake and his broken tilts which can push you to the blastzones on the side, which are to me very decieving. At least Ike can't get as gimped as easily thanks to the ledges being so close.

Ike, regardless of what stage he is on, has long range, meaning he can easily hit through walls where some characters might not have the same privilege.

Until I know of all the individual transformations, that's all I can say about Pictochat.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol wow
what a kagami fan D:
nice:dizzy:

anyway i think that is correct
ike can counter the rockets, so that's already an advantage
but some of the formations are great for ike,that create ledges
we can come from underneath with an uair and such
and with his knockback, you can push them into many of the formations
i.e, the rocket,train,or the plant

lol really,everytime pictochat comes up
people are like"luuulz bad stage,ban ban ban,rockets,luuullz"

even if it is o_o
at least talk about how it's good/bad for ike lol
than just saying that

D

Deleted member

the SBR rationalizes that some places on the stage are safer than others and if you know the safe zones that you can stand there and be okay.

so if both people know the stage, you both just stand apart from each other and shoot things so random **** can't kill you.

no thanks.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
The 100% sure safe zone of the stage is about 1/5 of the main platform on the left side.

If you are too lazy to walk forwards the 2 steps so Ike's jab is within range, you deserve to be camped.

Seriously, there is almost nothing to fear from this stage. Just don't be stupid and attempt to stand on the lines as they are drawn.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It would probably be a very good idea to use that thread in the OP as a reference Ussi, I know that it is very nice to know each individual stage within Picto.

...However I will be busy over the weekend, so yeah I'm not going to to have time to do anything anytime soon.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Low ceiling, to the point that Dthrow is actually a good kill move. You kill a lot sooner here, but so do other characters. Wall infinities, aethersliding, tricks with the grabable fin. Defiantly not a bad stage for Ike.

If you are up against anyone who lacks vertical KOing power, and you don't know a better CP, take them here. But don't be stupid and take people like Fox, G&W, etc here.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
yeah I agree with Nidtendo low ceiling is good and i like the stage but i often don't take characters to it just because a lot of characters have infinites and I hate it when a plan backfires on me so occasionally I'll CP Corneria but not often...

Can we get a list of characters we should and shouldn't take to Corneria plox? lol

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
^^ Yeah a list would be good

Well we can infinite on wall and if you facing the incline of the wing you have a slight advantage since your jump can be shorter so faster nairs, but it has an opposite effect if your facing the same way as the nose of the ship. Low ceiling make for quick KO's, though Ike's vertical kill potential is bad I would say a decent stage, but idk who can infinite

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
^^ Yeah a list would be good

Well we can infinite on wall and if you facing the incline of the wing you have a slight advantage since your jump can be shorter so faster nairs, but it has an opposite effect if your facing the same way as the nose of the ship. Low ceiling make for quick KO's, though Ike's vertical kill potential is bad I would say a decent stage, but idk who can infinite
What Ike are you playing? every move Ike has kills. That includes his vertical killers utilt, usmash, uair, and eruption.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
RC is awesome, Luigi's and Japes are banned here where i am.

between Pikachu and Ike, I have no bad stages anymore lol.

D

Deleted member

ike is terrible at this stage because everyone is because it's banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom