• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I REALLY like Azen's Diddy

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah... and that was a tournament match? >_> Wow.

Well, against better players he will probably need to glidetoss if he wants to win...

His Diddy looked so... Idk... slow? =\

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
just to comment. Thats how diddy is supposed to fight snake. U cant move fast and be reckless against that char. Not sure if u seen alot of Azen Pyle but hes always like that even in melee. He just sticks to basics. Bread and Butter as they call it. He never played a heavy technical game.

Not to discredit azen of course but G-reg played a little sloppy there. I played him twice in 2 tournies last month. Doesnt seem like him. Oh well. Maybe Azen threw him off by his playstyle which is always possible bein it wasnt the norm.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Out of curiosity, why can you slide around flinging nanners at other characters but not Snake? I understand Snake can punish a bit harder then other characters but I was under the impression that if you flung your bananas properly it would pretty much shut down any hope of them punishing.

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

I also beat DSF's Snake in tourney with Diddy at Texas. I think Diddy is pretty good against Snake, I've been practicing against Chillin's. NL inspired me to use more Diddy!

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I also beat DSF's Snake in tourney with Diddy at Texas. I think Diddy is pretty good against Snake, I've been practicing against Chillin's. NL inspired me to use more Diddy!

Dang, I wanted DSF to use Snake against me at Hobo :( Nice diddy.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
You dont need to be all flashy, Azen beat DSF's Snake in tourney at the last HOBO tourney

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Out of curiosity, why can you slide around flinging nanners at other characters but not Snake? I understand Snake can punish a bit harder then other characters but I was under the impression that if you flung your bananas properly it would pretty much shut down any hope of them punishing.
i never said that. I saying against snake u'll have to be careful. I also didn't say snake was the only char u cant fling bananas at. Regardless of char u have to be smart about it.

napZzz

Smash Hero

Snake vs. diddy is crazy hard, especially when they have good spacing with glide toss spam.

Luigi player

Smash Master
The Snakes I faced get destroyed by my Diddy... :D

And yeah sorry if my post was insulting or something. I just didn't know who the Snake was and that it might not be a bad thing to not always glidetoss... =\

DUB

Smash Lord
Snake vs. diddy is crazy hard, especially when they have good spacing with glide toss spam.
I find that funny. Diddy has the Snake match up as about 45-55 in Snakes favor i believe. I play Snake as a secondary but I'm unfamiliar with the match up on their side.
It's a pretty neutral match up either way. G-reg didnt look like himself that much. Azen was still azen even though i think the technical skill with Diddy is absolutely necessary.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
i never said that. I saying against snake u'll have to be careful. I also didn't say snake was the only char u cant fling bananas at. Regardless of char u have to be smart about it.
Why do people think diddy is just "spamming bananas"? LOL
You always have to be smart about it or else you;ll make a fool out of yourself.

As for that replay it was a solid match, smart play. I really dont see why to leave out glide tossing as it leads into combos and can help you avoid getting hit. I mean he DID win without it but it can do nothing but help to glidetoss (most of the time).

What i take out of this is you can do unnecessary flashy moves and suck, but you can also just play solid and become to predictable, azen is too solid to be predictable but for most of us we need a combination of the two. You need great banana play AND bread and butter basis.(too much food there lol)

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I also played G-reg and I agree with NL, going from just this one video he does look like a totally different player. Oh wellz, maybe Azen has special powers LoLz.

Any ways with the exception of G-reg playing like how he did, I must say this is by far the best display of Diddy I have seen thus far. The predictions, mind play, yomi layers, etc... were all really good. Good stuff Azen.

-advent-

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
ok G-Reg didnt even spam the grenades. Nor did he even use the Motar slide half the time. Also he didnt even shield to block the bananas and SD that 2nd stock.

Azen your Diddy is really something when you didnt even glide toss. I guess all it really takes to beat Snake player is to play smart and taking your time. If you make a mistake, then its all over for Diddy really.

•Col•

Smash Champion
If you love his Diddy so much, then why don't you just marry it? D:

Lol, Lucario

Fatalities

Smash Cadet
Side note: I recall playing G-regulate on gamebattles/MLG [Before my brother locked my account] and i dont recall him being that good. Take it for what it's worth.

but yeah i dont like using bananas and all the techniqalities that come with them, but he's gunna have to learn to use them more often for more advanced, and better opponenents. Especially Mks, in my opinion.

For a basic, fundemental Diddy Kong [like myself], i'd say he's pretty good.

Shurk

Smash Cadet
Side note: I recall playing G-regulate on gamebattles/MLG [Before my brother locked my account] and i dont recall him being that good. Take it for what it's worth.

but yeah i dont like using bananas and all the techniqalities that come with them, but he's gunna have to learn to use them more often for more advanced, and better opponenents. Especially Mks, in my opinion.

For a basic, fundemental Diddy Kong [like myself], i'd say he's pretty good.
For a basic fundamental anything really, alot of that could be put to good use with each character.. Yeah, the bananas and stuff now, I wonder how he would do in a Diddy Ditto against an experienced/accomplished Diddy that frequently uses naners. I'm guessing he could more then hold his own.

Top Bottom