• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I suck(ed), and in some sense, I still do. But I got better...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I've always believed that some people are just born or naturally good at something while others have to work very hard at it. It's not in us to decide which is which, but depending on what you believe in (Genes, God, etc...) it is what it is.

I've always seen Ryko as a guy who's had to work really hard to obtain or increase his level of play in Brawl. Some other great Ikes might have not had as much trouble reaching this stage of play, because it just came naturally to them or have had experience in previous competitive games. Ryko, you are a good example that hard work pays off, and even hard work can beat a natural.

Though beating a natural who works hard is another story...

Guilhe

Smash Ace
hurray story :D, maybe we should have a story thread lol...
Nice to see how you progressed. Lol, makes me want to tell my story... although it'll be different and about converting wifi to offline only.
I approve a story thread; we should call it “Ike talks about his friends”. It would be pretty cool. Back to the topic! amazing history Ryko. Above all, I liked how you talked about yourself in a humble way, you are not the Jesus of Brawl or Ike, every advance you’ve made was backed with a lot of training and practice. People can relate better with you that way.

It was also very nice how you’ve showed, with details, the plateaus you’ve found in your learning curve and how you’ve overcome them (I’ve also suffered when I didn’t turn around and jab). Your only fault was your attitude against counterpicks (like “god must be laughing at me”). You’ve stated that you’ve thought you have lost the match right in the selection screen, even though you managed to beat that Olimar.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Shin we definitely need to play again, I havent seen you in months (you hit me up but I've been in my own little world, my bad). Ultimo yeah I seemed frustrated at COT4 but all in all the matches were very close either way.

As for the Ikes, or just pretty much anyone I talk to when they ask for help on something, I just realize I come off as a prick a lot of times as if I always had it together when honestly most of the time I really don't lol. But the way I see it if I can come this far and still say I have a lot of room to improve, it's doable for pretty much anyone. Who knows, maybe all the praise RIG gets will be earnest one day. Gotta start somewhere.

Scar

#HarveyDent
He most never abandon Melee Falcon. EVER.
quite the contrary, my Melee Falcon has grown most powerful, but he still lacks the restraint and patience and gayness that Brawl requires.

So I'm going to play MK for like a month in Brawl and then hopefully I'll be smarter.

XACE-K

Smash Master
quite the contrary, my Melee Falcon has grown most powerful, but he still lacks the restraint and patience and gayness that Brawl requires.

So I'm going to play MK for like a month in Brawl and then hopefully I'll be smarter.
That's the point of Melee Falcon. He's the complete opposite of Brawl.

But I do understand what you're saying so it'll be interesting to see you play Brawl and how it'll improve your Falcon.

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
Nice thread.. I like stories like these. I've been playing a lot of Ike lately, your a inspiration Rykoshet.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
Ryko, dont even have to tell you that your Ike is whats up in NYC next to Silven. For a minute I thought you were gonna quit after what you told me yesterday, but you broke it down and explained to me what the situation was. Your one of the best Ikes in our region. Thanks to you and Silven, my Ike is getting alot better in tournies. Muchas grass

Top Bottom