• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think I just made an amazing discovery in smash run!!!

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
Is this just me or can someone confirm this? I think I just made and amazing discovery! In smash run not only can you increase your stats from the colored power ups that appear when you kill enemies but also when you are actually jumping or attacking or running. Don't know if I am explaining this good but watch in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gHE5-jEGQgY (when they are showing smash run at 48:00) and other videos when they perform basic actions and see if when your character is running or jumping or attacking they are getting very small increases in their stats.

EDIT: Sorry I made that unclear before. What I am trying to point out is that you get small increases in your stats in smash run based on what you're doing. For example if you are dashing in smash run your speed stat slowly increases based on how much you are dashing. Or for something like jumping, whenever you hit the jump button in smash run your jump stat slowly increases based on how often you hit the jump button. This would also apply to all other actions that you perform and boost your stats accordingly. I hope this clears up any confusion I have caused.

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
When I played Smash Run at Smash Fest, there were power-ups scattered across the map, without defeating any enemies. Is this what you mean?

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it's just a gradual increase in the stat after picking up the power up. For example, if you got +20 power and had 15, rather than jump immediately to 35, it slowly moves the bar forward, or at least that's what it looked like in the videos I watched.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Youre confusing me. When you collect the power-ups, your character benefits in both Smash Run and the battle. To collect the power-ups, you must either: A) Defeat enemies. B) Find them in doors or chests and C) Find them randomly scattered.

What are you trying to point out?

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
Watch in the video when megaman is running, watch his stat increase for speed, and then you will see what I mean.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, it does look like the movement speed stat ups when he gets the chance to run. It's not by much though, it's like every second step it ups by 1, so I wouldn't really call it an amazing discovery.

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
Yeah, it does look like the movement speed stat ups when he gets the chance to run. It's not by much though, it's like every second step it ups by 1, so I wouldn't really call it an amazing discovery.
Yeah I was being a little dramatic when I said that. I was just excited to find out some new info for smash! It could potentially change the way people play because if it works the way I think it does. For example, if you are constantly equipping items and using them throughout smash run than It could make your arms powerup higher than normal. Of course this would also apply to the other ones as well, and it would copy your play style based on what you do. Also if you want little Mac to have a better jump maybe if you do jump enough during smash run It could give you enough of a boost in your jump to make get you ahead of the competition!

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
I'm pretty sure it's just a gradual increase in the stat after picking up the power up. For example, if you got +20 power and had 15, rather than jump immediately to 35, it slowly moves the bar forward, or at least that's what it looked like in the videos I watched.
Actually you get all the power from the powerup all at once, but it slowly increases based on what you are actually doing. For example if you are running your speed will increase. Of course, his would apply to all other powerups as well.

Last edited:

geo1088

Smash Rookie
This is interesting. I can just imagine telling my brother this, and the whole time he's just sitting there jumping ans slashing the air... :joyful:

Deluxefish

Smash Rookie
Is this just me or can someone confirm this? I think I just made and amazing discovery! In smash run not only can you increase your stats from the colored power ups that appear when you kill enemies but also when you are actually jumping or attacking or running. Don't know if I am explaining this good but watch in this video [...] (when they are showing smash run at 48:00) and other videos when they perform basic actions and see if when your character is running or jumping or attacking they are getting very small increases in their stats.

EDIT: Sorry I made that unclear before. What I am trying to point out is that you get small increases in your stats in smash run based on what you're doing. For example if you are dashing in smash run your speed stat slowly increases based on how much you are dashing. Or for something like jumping, whenever you hit the jump button in smash run your jump stat slowly increases based on how often you hit the jump button. This would also apply to all other actions that you perform and boost your stats accordingly. I hope this clears up any confusion I have caused.
I noticed that the first time i saw it

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
You know I saw a Smash Run and is true. Just running and kicking can power up in the battlefield solo. So better move your a$$ and butt to be powerful. So smash run is insane non-stop fun. Good eye my friend. Is not for this thread I will never see it with my specials eyes.

Top Bottom