• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want an N64 game.

Lurker guy

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=3404]I want an N64 game.[/drupal]

The other day, I was visiting a family member, and was suprised he had an N64. I had broken mine years ago, so I was interested. I asked him if I could have it and he said sure. So now I have a real N64. I have an emulator, but I dont have many games for it and, because i have the chance, would like to get a chance to play a N64 game legit. I like Action/Adventure and "Metroidvania" games. Some of my favorites are Kirby 64 and Banjo Tooie. I'm even thinking of buying those just so I can play them "for real". I was never able to accpet Smash 64's control scheme because of playing Melee and Brawl so much more, but I liked it when I was a kid. Can any of you guys think of an N64 games that would be "My kind of game"?Please try to think outside of the box, because i've already thought of the first things to pop into people's minds.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Bomberman 64: the Second Attack

It feels a lot like Bomberman + Metroidvania with large mutli-roomed levels that have puzzles to solve to unlock other rooms and progress. Heck, it even gives you new bombs when you defeat a boss that have their own properties for doing tasks. One flaw, though, is that it only saves when you complete a planet, and most planets can take over an hour when you don't know what to do.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
If you like the Banjo-Kazooie games I think you'd like Donkey Kong 64. (I've never played BK or its sequel but they're both Rare games and if I recall correctly they're sort of similar to it)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'd say Mischief Makers, but I don't know how easy it is to find. It's relatively hard to get all the yellow gems and the more you get, the more of a special ending you get. It's pretty funny too and it's got some cool bosses and some good music.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Wow, how could I not think of Mischief Makers. I should be ashamed of myself.

Yea, it's an awesome platformer with an incredibly quirky theme, also a LOT of legendary quotes, at least legendary to those who played it.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S LUNAR!

finalark

SNORLAX
Good N64 games, eh? I was never really into the N64 but here's a few that I liked:

Conker's Bad Fur Day
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Mario 64
F-Zero X
Paper Mario (assuming you can find a copy that doesn't cost you your arm)
Star Fox 64

Word of warning, despite what nostalgic fanatics may say, a number of N64 games really haven't aged all that well (including some I listed). A number of the N64's most famous title's are not as good as their successors. With that said, have fun!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea, N64 was pretty weaksauce, I have less games on the N64 than any other console. :<

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Link to original post: I want an N64 game.

The other day, I was visiting a family member, and was suprised he had an N64. I had broken mine years ago, so I was interested. I asked him if I could have it and he said sure. So now I have a real N64. I have an emulator, but I dont have many games for it and, because i have the chance, would like to get a chance to play a N64 game legit. I like Action/Adventure and "Metroidvania" games. Some of my favorites are Kirby 64 and Banjo Tooie. I'm even thinking of buying those just so I can play them "for real". I was never able to accpet Smash 64's control scheme because of playing Melee and Brawl so much more, but I liked it when I was a kid. Can any of you guys think of an N64 games that would be "My kind of game"?Please try to think outside of the box, because i've already thought of the first things to pop into people's minds.
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. Definetly

Get ur *** out there and go buy that game. This instant! Think im playin? >_>

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Mario Kart 64
Mario World
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Zelda Majora's Mask
Dokey Kong 64
SmashBros
Kirby and the Crystal Shards
Star Fox 64
Bomberman 64
Banjo Kazooie
Megaman 64 (I personally loved this game but some are meh on it)
FZero 64
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Snap

That's all the good ones I can think of at the moment that don't have as good or better modern counter parts.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Jet force gemini..for some reason i disliked this game but my friends have so many memories with it it was like the 1998-2000 version of halo to them.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Pokémon Puzzle League was pretty good too, especially if you have others to play it with.

The N64 was awesome, though the controller was a bit... odd.

cutter

Smash Champion
Jet force gemini..for some reason i disliked this game but my friends have so many memories with it it was like the 1998-2000 version of halo to them.
I'll definitely second Jet Force Gemini... though looking back on it, JFG feels more like a hybrid of Halo and Gears of War.

But no one can deny that Juno was the original Master Chief

And Mischief Makers, YES! Awesome awesome game that never got enough attention just like JFG. It's like the lovechild of Super Metroid and Super Mario Bros. 2.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
There is this really cool game that is REALLY good, but for some reason no one has heard of it and no one plays it. Ironic, isn't it?
Anyways, the title is called LolZ, or something like that, I can't quite remember.

highfive

Smash Lord
If you like the Banjo-Kazooie games I think you'd like Donkey Kong 64. (I've never played BK or its sequel but they're both Rare games and if I recall correctly they're sort of similar to it)
This. Rare really did a fine job with this DK64. It's pretty fun and IMO the graphics are pretty good. I think even better than some of the wiiware games of today. It's fun to unlock all the characters, kill stuff, and beat the bosses. It's mildly childish but fun. And really, I think it has the best level themed bosses ever. A gigantic Jack in the box is pretty legit.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'll definitely second Jet Force Gemini... though looking back on it, JFG feels more like a hybrid of Halo and Gears of War.

But no one can deny that Juno was the original Master Chief

And Mischief Makers, YES! Awesome awesome game that never got enough attention just like JFG. It's like the lovechild of Super Metroid and Super Mario Bros. 2.
JFG was great, but if you want a FPS than get Perfect Dark it's like Golden eye 2.0!

Pikachu24

Smash Cadet
these are some great ones
Rocket robot on wheels
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Zelda ocarina of time
Tetrisphere
Zelda majoras mask
Mario party 1
Mario party 2
Mario party 3
conkers bad fur day
Diddy kong racing (chock full of rare cahracters)
bomberman hero
Mario kart
Paper mario
Super mario 64
Pokemon stadium 2
Pokemon stadium 1
pokemon puzzle leauge
pokemon snap
Hey You Pikachu (YOU'LL NEED THE MIC.)
Donkey kong 64
Kirbys Crystal shards
Harvest moon 64
SnowBoard Kids 2
SnowBoard Kids
Star fox 64
Quest 64
Yoshi's Story
Glover
Monopoly 64
Rugrats in paris
Dr mario 64
Powerpuff girls chemical x traction
Wetrix

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Bomberman 64. Its probably one of the best bomberman games ever created :)

Also, Goemons Great Adventure is fantastic!

Oracle

Smash Master
DK64 is one of my favorite games of all time. You'll like it if you like collecting things
for ever

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
1. Donkey Kong 64 - Not one platformer Nintendo has put out has even compared to this.
2. Banjo Tooie - This is possibly one of the most fun game I've ever played.
3. Paper Mario - Best single player 2-D game IMO. Just sayin'.
4. Mega Man 64 - For some reason I've heard this has gotten bad reviews. What gives? I played hundreds of hours on this when I was a little kid. This game is the definition of nostalgia for me.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Paper Mario (assuming you can find a copy that doesn't cost you your arm)
I bought an N64 a couple months ago at a flea market for $45. 1st game was LoZ:OoT for $10. A while later, I bought Paper Mario on eBay. The price may have spiked at the end but I got it for $17 (s/h included).

FLSHK

Smash Cadet
Get all the Pokemon games for N64 (they're all higher quality than the console ones made for Wii (besides Pokepark Wii, 'cause it has models that are compatible with Brawll). If you get the Stadium games, also get an N64 transfer pack and at least one Pokemon game for GB(C). You don't even need any sort of GB for the Pokemon games if you get the transfer pack and the Stadium games (find out for yourself why that is). Definitely get Super Mario 64 (even if you have the DS version, since the original has some differences, even with crappier graphics). In fact, get every Mario game for the N64, too. Kirby 64 was also quite fun. The LoZ games and the Bomberman games were also good. I don't think anyone mentioned Diddy Kong Racing, which was really good, too). Mega Man 64 was mentioned earlier. Since you're obviously a Smash Bros. fan, get SSB64. Now, if only there'd been a Metroid game for the N64, then I'd have put that on this list, too. That would have been nice....

Top Bottom