• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want to buy Melee.

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
I missed out on Mewtwo, Roy and DR. Mario. I really want to play them. Should I go back and buy Melee. I never owned a GC and I got my wii and brawl recently. I'm wondering if I should go back. What do you guys think? Plus I hear it's more competative than brawl. And I love the smash series.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
You should definitely buy Melee. If you want to see Melee's metagame, go to youtube and search Ken (marth), Mew2king (fox or marth), Chu Dat (ice climbers), KoreanDJ (sheik), Isai (captain falcon), Mango (jigglypuff), BombSoldier (Falco), Captain Jack (Donkey Kong or Sheik).

There will be more links to more pros as you search these names so you'll be kept busy with the short list of pros I gave you.

debaser

Smash Lord
I missed out on Mewtwo, Roy and DR. Mario. I really want to play them. Should I go back and buy Melee. I never owned a GC and I got my wii and brawl recently. I'm wondering if I should go back. What do you guys think? Plus I hear it's more competative than brawl. And I love the smash series.
Yeah try it out. It's definitely the best (IMO). And Brawl's definitely the worst (IMO). Both are fun, but Melee is serious fun.

You'll find it's much faster paced and unforgiving. It'll take you a bit to get used to, but provides for a much more rewarding experience I think. If you're interested in competitive play, Melee is definitely the way to go. See if you can find some smashers in your area and smash with them. They'll kick your ***, but you'll be surprised how quick you'll pick it up. Also, there are a handful of advanced techniques you can teach yourself to give yourself some edge (SHFFLing is the most important, there is a thread that goes through them all and some youtube videos). I'm not saying don't play brawl in tournaments, play what you want, but melee is better suited for it.

Regardless, you'll love it if you love the smash series :D

edit: Emphsizing BBQ's post. definitely check out the video's on youtube. That'll give you an idea of what Melee's all about. (awesomeness)

N355

Smash Apprentice
Yea you should pick it up. I bought brawl the day it was released but don't play it anymore, I play melee

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
Thanks. I guess it'll be my next buy after I get TP and Mario kart. I checked out those vids and man.. Ken is amazing. Hehe yea I'll probably get my *** handed to me but I'm all about learning curve. I'm still gonna play Brawl, but I'm going to try balance the two and see how it works out. Like I still play SSB64 now and then.

debaser

Smash Lord
You should definitely buy Melee. If you want to see Melee's metagame, go to youtube and search Ken (marth), Mew2king (fox or marth), Chu Dat (ice climbers), KoreanDJ (sheik), Isai (captain falcon), Mango (jigglypuff), BombSoldier (Falco), Captain Jack (Donkey Kong or Sheik).

There will be more links to more pros as you search these names so you'll be kept busy with the short list of pros I gave you.
Dude, you forgot PC Chris. My favorite Falco, even though he doesnt play him anymore

debaser

Smash Lord
Thanks. I guess it'll be my next buy after I get TP and Mario kart. I checked out those vids and man.. Ken is amazing. Hehe yea I'll probably get my *** handed to me but I'm all about learning curve. I'm still gonna play Brawl, but I'm going to try balance the two and see how it works out. Like I still play SSB64 now and then.
Good ****, man :bee:

Zodiac

Smash Master
For sure get it, I played all three smash games last night at a smashfest! But melee is by far and for good reason my favorite.

Tr0n

Smash Cadet
yay more melee players XD i hope you enjoy playing it when you get hold of it, its awesome

N355

Smash Apprentice
the number of melee players is increasing. Who says melee will die. bwahahahahahahah

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I'm sure it's listed here, but this is a great video (along with the other two parts) to help you with the advanced techs in Melee

Click here

Zodiac

Smash Master
If your going to watch the advanced videos dont try and master everything all at once, cause it takes time but definetly if you want jump right into the competitive scene.

HyperDragon

Smash Apprentice
It IS more competitive than Brawl, trust us, it won't be a waste of your time.

~rh

Smash Lord
Buy it, learn advanced techs and you will fall in love my friend.

Nesveri

Smash Rookie
One of the best games on Gamecube. And Gamecube has many many great titles. It's a must have game. ;)
I played Brawl couple of months and got bored. I have played Melee five years and still play it.

-Cebbo

Top Bottom