• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want to start creating a build that uses as many music slots as possible for tournament stages.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Essentially what I mean is, instead of Dreamland having only two songs available, why not mod HD dreamland over Halberd, edit the SSS so Halberd (now Dreamland) is on page 1 and has Dreamland's stage icon and everything. Halberd has so many more music slots than Dreamland, which makes me sad because it means less options for good music to be on my build.

Is there any reason this wouldn't work, excluding from wifi desyncs when picking Halberd? I'm aware I wouldn't have alternate Dreamland, either. Also, would anyone be interested in receiving files of this kind of mod?

Hoth'Raka

Smash Rookie
It would be pretty easy to do it that way if you know how to work .rels, which isn't too complicated to learn. Just go to http://www.lakora.us/rel/ and download a green greens rel and rename it to the halberd filename(or in the site, pick green greens on the left and halberd on the right). Rename all the files correctly and it should work. Heck, with Brawl Stage Manager (found here with the other managers http://www.lakora.us/brawl/costumemanager/), it'll be fairly easy to replace the icons as well.

Its also possible to move entire songlists to different stages. In PM, Saffron City is actually over Pokemon Stadium 2, and PS2 is over PS1, but it still gets the proper music list. Its weird, and I don't personally know anything about that, but its something worth looking into.

What I'm interested in is reassigning music to different stages entirely. I'd love to see a way to give every stage a near equal number of songs. I know its possible, one of the smashville KK songs is replaced with Bowser's victory theme in PM 3.6, but I don't know if its possible to change the My Music menu along with it.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
What I'm interested in is reassigning music to different stages entirely. I'd love to see a way to give every stage a near equal number of songs. I know its possible, one of the smashville KK songs is replaced with Bowser's victory theme in PM 3.6, but I don't know if its possible to change the My Music menu along with it.
This is what I'm interested in as well. Folks have told me its impossible, but I'm not so certain seeing as how the PMDT moves things around. Ideally I'd love to move one song slot from one stage to the other.

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Something like this can be done very easily. Anyone who says it's impossible doesn't know what they're talking about.

The only issue I can think of with doing that is that Smashville wouldn't be able to load different times of day if you move it to a different slot. Though you could use the ASL tool to have different times be loaded from certain button presses or have them be randomized.

Here's a list of stages that have larger amounts of music tracks on them.
STGOLDIN - Hyrule Castle/Bridge of Eldin - 9 tracks
STGHALBERD - Halberd - 12 tracks
STGSTARFOX - Lylat Cruise - 11 tracks (Not sure if using a different stage over this one works or not considering that it uses five different .pac files that game swaps between mid battle. I've never attempted it but you're free to try.)
STGFZERO - Port Town Aero Dive - 12 tracks
STGEMBLEM - Castle Siege - 12 tracks (This one may require some code wizardry but we know it's possible since PM has a nontransforming version that only uses one .pac file.)
STGEARTH - Distant Planet - 9 tracks
STGPICTCHAT - PictoChat - 9 tracks
STGMETALGEAR - Shadow Moses Island - 9 tracks
STGGREENHILL - Green Hill Zone - 12 tracks

Top Bottom