• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I wish I could just stop dreaming

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=2055]I wish I could just stop dreaming[/drupal]

I mean, seriously.

I'm pretty sure it's just me, but recently, I've started to hate dreaming.
When I want to go to sleep, I just want to go to sleep. I mean, the prospect of going to an entirely different, bizarre world within the folds of your subconscious scares me, especially since I just want to go to sleep after a hard day of cart-pushing. Really, all I want is to just sleep, and the next thing I know, wake up. Not go to sleep, end up in Kermit the Frog's mouth in the middle of hawaii while a bunch of Kirbies dance to Japanese music, then wake up.

What's even worse is the possibility of a Lucid dream. Even though everyone else wants them, I dread the thought of getting one. I have many, many, MANY fears and ridiculous supernatural paranoia, and I just know the very first thing I'll end up doing is make every single one of them show up, just because I'm a schmuck like that. Or even worse, I'm pretty sure I'll eventually have an uncontrollable nightmare where they do show up subconsciously.(they'll most likely end up dancing to Japanese music though)I know it's eventually going to happen at least sometime in my life, and it's keeping me up way past the point of what's healthy.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll eventually get over it. I just needed to get this out of my system I suppose. Still, dreams are stupid anyway.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
What................ARE YOU SAYING!?!?!? To not want to dream is like not wanting to live! Dreams are like the 2nd half of your life! Some people like Grunt can't even remember their dreams. You should consider yourself lucky! Dreams are like a theatre of your unconcious mind! They unlock many of the secrets which are hidden from you in your normal concious state and YOU want to get rid of that!? Byyyyy GOLLY!

Nah I guess I can understand where you're coming from. They can be scary at times. <(!_!)>

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I have epic lucid dreams. Then I wake up and I'm like

>=[

But before that is was just crazy weird **** and I hated it. =/
Same here. They were real crap.

i never remember dreams anymore.
lucky :[
Luckily, I don't remember them anymore.
Ever since I've been sleeping only 6 hours a day, I've had trouble:
1) Remembering my dreams.
2) Falling Asleep
3) Waking Up

Now that I've listed that...
I'd rather remember my dreams in exchange of having good sleep :(.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I love having random weird dreams, it's funny.

Like last night, I was actually Praxis or some Peach player, but I felt like a Praxis, anyway I was playing some random Olimar guy who I can't define because I don't know who it was.

But it was awesome, only because I won that match.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I don't recall dreaming anything in the last 2 years. Maybe 3.

Besides maybe 2-3 dreams at MOST. But they might have been daydreams.

bobson

Smash Lord
I daydream about phenomenal cosmic power enough that I often have access to it in my dreams.

It's pretty awesome.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I love having random weird dreams, it's funny.

Like last night, I was actually Praxis or some Peach player, but I felt like a Praxis, anyway I was playing some random Olimar guy who I can't define because I don't know who it was.

But it was awesome, only because I won that match.
lol, no offense, but u dream about smash? WHAAAAAA?!?!?!

k, I cant believe that I'm the only guy here that can honestly says that he freams about girls!

ah, i looooove dreaming about girls! :) . its great to be straight!
RHYMES, lmfao!
haha
but i like to dream about girls, friends, good things that i want to happen....etc. Im glad that I can still dream :)

sux for you guys who hate dreaming, or cant remember them. :p

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I either re-live past events or don't dream at all. I would LOVE to get some crazy *** Hamtaro murder-filled dance-off while unfitting music plays in the background or something.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I fream about girls all the time.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
cool, that makes 2 of us. lmfao.

y didnt noone else say that? why?!?!
I don't know, I know I didn't. Anyways, my dreams are either weird combinations of things I've seen (For example, I had a dream before where Transformers came to my town <_<), weird combinations of past events or sometimes, Deja vu dreams but this past week, I've been able to sleep without dreaming, I kinda enjoy it.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
when i dream or have nightmares as it were, which isnt as common as i used to, i used to be in dark themed worlds where i am being hunted down by everyone because i'm a serial killer (wont go into detail about how i kill them etc)

if not dreaming about that, im dreaming about chicks / secksual fantasies D: other than that i dream about games, whether i be a character in that alternate universe or not (GTA / Brawl / Prototype). and dying in Bizarre ways (suicide and whatnot). i probably need help lol

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I have dreams a lot, and I usually love them, and I actually remember them when I wake up, and I want to tell someone about it or post it here and let a ****load of people analyze it, but I'm too tired to get up at that point and I forget it as soon as I actually get out of bed.

:mad:

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman

k, I cant believe that I'm the only guy here that can honestly says that he freams about girls!

RHYMES, lmfao!
haha
but i like to dream about girls, friends, good things that i want to happen....etc. Im glad that I can still dream :)

I like keeping that stuff for myself. :lick:

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I rarely ever remember my dreams any more, maybe once every 3 weeks, I'll remeber one scene. I don't mind, means I don't see the bad dreams and wake up.

Do you guys have recurring dreams? When I was young I had the same dream 3 times consecutively, Krillen, some guy and myself were being chased (can't recall what), the front door was locked so we hid under a bed, then a portal appeared and we jumped in it and I woke up...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
So yeah, just woke up again.

It was a more tame dream this time around, having something to do with going to the museum again. Dreams about museums seem to be reoccurring lately, wonder what it means....

I envy those who have dreams about hawt chics :<

Riddle

Smash Lord
If you don't want dreams go to bed when you are really, really tired. i actually usually love dreams when I have them.

Dream Tier List

Top Tier
Daydreams

Mid Tier
Night Dreams

Bottom Tier
Nightmares

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Kinzer said:
Where does your dreams coming true rank at?
...Or not getting sleep at all? (Not seeing/remembering dreams counts the same, I guess)

And contrary to the thread starter, I wish I'd actually see some dreams. :|
Atleast that'd prevent me from over-thinking stuff at night.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Where does your dreams coming true rank at?
Banned Tier.

I've been getting lucid dreams alot more lately. I had like 3 dreams in one day for goodness sake. Yeah, dreams suck. My dreams are random, either about traveling or doing something else entirely.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

RHYMES, lmfao!
haha

Lol no offense but you can't actually control what you dream about. What you dream about has nothing to do with what will actually happen and just because you don't dream about girls while you sleep doesn't mean you're not straight.

I think EVERYONE likes to dream about good things happening, but it doesn't happen to everyone.

cool, that makes 2 of us. lmfao.

y didnt noone else say that? why?!?!
I'm pretty sure he was harping on the "freams" mistake, since he said "freams" like you did.

Anyways...

I've had a few good dreams that I remember in my life but 90% of them I tend to die in, or they just end badly in general, actually.

Nevertheless, I find dreams interesting, and I wouldn't want to stop being able to remember them. But I don't remember dreams very often.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I've had a dream about a clown being chased by a T-Rex, and I just kinda stood there and watched. I have a fear of clowns, but this dream was hilarious.

Top Bottom