• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I woke up from addiction

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Wow players, hats off to you.

well, i dont play wow, but i do play hardcore diablo 2 lod, that is untill 11pm 3-18-07. hehe, ive been spenging hours upon hours a day to get the items wanted, lvling wasn't really an issue. I had make a good sorceress. Good barb, and working on it smiter. Well i start gettin into the more time involved parts of the game wich keys that drop 1/32 ratio from three specific bosses are dropped. I had goten one key set, and needed three more. I got some friends to help but they were all pathetic 11 year olds who only played for the fun (lol, noone does that anymore sadly). Anyways, i played and played wit no luck. Noticed how time flies and decieded to get a map hack. You see...

If you didnt alreadyknow, diablo two is based on a primitive, i guess, online system. Might have been the free issue (yes, diablo online is free) but people create named games with up to 8 players at one time. While offline, its only one player (durr) but you can gradually grow your map as you walk. On single player, your map always stays the same. Not the case for online, every new game you enter or make, you have to start a new map. And this gets frustrating. Trying to find the tower and going through five floors of monsters only to find that you have a 1/32 chance of finding a key from a boss u can barely beat. Well i sound winpish to the Hardcore players but thats how i saw it.

So this maphack i got, showed me a path to the boss, all monsters, and the entire map was made. So i was zapping my self through all the games, eventually finding keys and better equipment, etc. But ahh, the warning. The maphack is not entirely safe. And today i found out. Hehe, my account was banned. But my mind was reopened. I found out how ******** i am for dedicating all that time. Sorry d2 fans out there.

Phew, any addiction stories u got?

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
I remember, years back, my friends and I used to be obsessed with Diablo 2: LOD. I actually ended up downloading a "bot" to play for my Sorceress overnight. I'd come back in the morning with a bunch of new sweet items. But yeah, it was addicting.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I once played Starcraft for 6 hours straight for several days in a row during the summer. After the long 6 hours my eyes hurt and I had to lie down...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The only game I remember losing my day to was Diablo 2 and Ultima Online. Both times I just got the game that day and my friend and I spent 8 hours playing and realized the time afterwards. I miss High school.

Volrec

Smash Lord
I've quit the addiction, because i've seen how bad it is for you"

when i was young, I was a sonic freak. I had EVERY sonic gamecube game. MEga collection, DX, name it. Even HEROES! One day, I got sonic adventure 2 battle. Oh excited was I. I started playing at 3:00PM, went to about 10.
MY mom comes in, and she' had a wtf look on her face, and she was like: (my name here), have you eaten? YOu have got to stop! I look at the clock, i'm like "Oh ****" I even had dreams of the game, every SINGLE aspect.

I eventually stopped playing the game when I got to this part where a ghost popped out at me, screamer style. I ran my *** from the room, screaming.

Link-NY

Smash Ace
Lawls. yeah i was addicted to start craft and D2 LOD stoped now X_X but every once ina while i get back into those games... how ever WoW is another story. i dont play that gay game but.... from what i hear anyone that even played it for a day is pretty much addicted to it for life. Yeah WoW is ****ing up alot of ppl >='X

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Too many. Now to alter the subject and bring up some views, we all for the most part call these addictions problems im assuming and yet im pretty sure all of us have had one or two welcomes into the sunrise with supersmash. Is this a given or does the situation change for smash?

Banks

Smash Hero
I played WoW for about a week and never played it again. I don't see the lure of online rpgs. they are boring, all you do is collect **** and kill ****. but my roommate had his soul consumed by WoW so i guess it affects us all =(

lmfao

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
True story.......
I got real addicted to Warcraft3 when it first came out and played online games for 3 (yes 3) days straight without sleeping and only stopping to eat and go to the bathroom. On the third day my little cousins were out in the backyard and I thought I should say hi to them. When I saw one of my cousins I thought to myself "I wonder what kind of barracks made her...". Then I thought "wait, thats not how people really get made" and then I remembered the whole baby making process. It was then I realized I should stop playing

Top Bottom