• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC Research Facillity

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Due to boredem, and me being more of a beaver than I thought, I'm making this thread for more organization.

This will be the place where we say "omg eye faund a nu chian greb!"
and everyone else would say "dthrow>dthrow isn't new."
or for lux to find legit new stuff, like LD's and to not have it posted in the Q&A or the G/SD.

This won't get much activity, of course.
But hopefully this will keep uneccisary possible new AT's or desynchs out of our GD and Q&A.

Shoot, I'll quote all confirmed new things to this here OP and have em collapsed so if you want to see new advancements to the IC's you could just look here.

Happy researching!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Why can't new discoveries get their own individual threads?

Like I appreciate where you're going with this, but I'll give you some time to give me a good explanation to answer the question before I lock this as part of a reorganization project I'll be doing once I get my laptop charger back and aren't moderatoring from my Wii Wireless

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Clutter.
Go see the jigglypuff boards.
Ridiculous amount of "new finds" that are oldoldold finds from like smash 64 days.
As well as people finding real new things.
And this would keep our new finds organized, so if someone said "I found something new!" we can read it, test it, and confirm it, then put it in the op.
So if an oooold IC Main wanteD to see advancements on our character, he could click right here and check it out.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
The usual flowchart of discovery is:

Observation > Test > Confirm phenomeon > Post about new phenomenon in Q&A to confirm if it warrants a thread > Make new thread > Discuss

Certain people that have been around long enough circumvent the Q&A step and just make a new thread.

But asking in the Q&A if something is new shouldn't be avoided, but encouraged. And if I find something, a researcher usually likes to make their own thread about it since they get the credit.

Nothing prevents an old IC main from reading and searching the forum. I have read every thread here since the beginning, and I only joined in June 2010.

That being said, I'm going to update the guide and make a directory to useful stuff, but using a single thread to discuss every new discovery is arbitrary. It's been tried before, but the lack of focus bogs it down and then it undoubtedly fails.

The jigglypuff boards are not a good example because our character has easily twice the depth of that character in terms of technical intricacies

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Real talk, my chart goes :
Observation
Find Phenomenon
Test Phenomenon
Recheck for possible options & setups with said Phenomenon
Ask Lux about Phenomenon (to check if already found)
Discuss possible options & setups of said Phenomenon with Lux
Repeat

Nothing goes through these boards for me, I just chill around here. If Lux wishes to speak on what I sometimes find, he can.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
all I got is

I'd give credit of course.

The rest beats me unless we wanna change the system.

Which I suppose we don't, in which case you can shut it down gril, who told the cops where da party wuz......
K yeah

Top Bottom