• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
I can understand Sakurai's hesitance to completely change a characters moveset. There is always backlash when a single move is changed. Let alone a moveset so not incorporating the pultergust outside of his final smash makes a little sense.

A small but very improving change would be to switch his green fireballs with ice balls. This would make him more in line with the games particularly the new ones.

They would work like they do in the games, bounce high and after the second bounce disappear. They'd only stun for a moment. I think about the same time as ZSS's stun gun would be best. They'd greatly enhance his edge guarding power and his approaches.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Hmm, sounds interesting. I could see this being an option in move customisation (for both of the Mario brothers), but not as an official change. I, for one, would rather have the green fire balls that travel sideways. Not only do they match Luigi's attire, they also make them completely different from Mario's fireballs, gameplay-wise.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
A reference to Luigi's Thunderhand ability in Superstar Saga, which was a parallel to Mario's Firebrand.

Having Mario using fire balls and Luigi using thunder balls would be the coolest thing ever.
I guess that would be cool but it sounds kind of dirty.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I guess that would be cool but it sounds kind of dirty.

Dirty? I'm kind of lost as to how it is dirty. Also, Luigi has used electricity in Strikers too. Along with the green thunder name.

That being said, any stun effect with Luigi would be pretty OP, even if it was the length of ZSS' stun gun. Since Luigi's a close up guy, one Up B after a stun would be pretty exploitable

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Dirty? I'm kind of lost as to how it is dirty. Also, Luigi has used electricity in Strikers too. Along with the green thunder name.

That being said, any stun effect with Luigi would be pretty OP, even if it was the length of ZSS' stun gun. Since Luigi's a close up guy, one Up B after a stun would be pretty exploitable
Really, thunder balls, how does that not sound dirty lol.

That's a good point. I don't play Luigi so I forgot his up B kills. I don't like Luigi's generic green fireballs so I'd take pretty much anything to make them more unique.

Morbi

Scavenger
I feel as though ice balls might be incorporated into move-set customization for Luigi. But by default, we will still probably have the acid balls.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I feel as though ice balls might be incorporated into move-set customization for Luigi. But by default, we will still probably have the acid balls.
If it's possible to make the balls have tripping effect, I will officially declare Sakurai the most brilliant human being that has ever existed.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Just by looking at the custom movesets in the Direct, I bet Luigi will also get access to those super fast fireballs.

Hopefully the fireballs are buffed SOMEHOW in normal play though. Please Sakurai, please. They were bar none the worst projectile in the entire game, and it's just not fair for Luigi, who have virtually no range.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Just by looking at the custom movesets in the Direct, I bet Luigi will also get access to those super fast fireballs.

Hopefully the fireballs are buffed SOMEHOW in normal play though. Please Sakurai, please. They were bar none the worst projectile in the entire game, and it's just not fair for Luigi, who have virtually no range.
Diddy's peanuts are the worst. They do 1% and can be thrown back at you.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
If Luigi gets a different element, it would definitely be lightning. As previously stated, it came from Superstar Saga and has been an ability of his in a few other games.

D

Deleted member

I can see Luigi have his Fireballs be replaced by Ice Balls via customization, but Luigi should really have the Thunderhand be his neutral special.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I can understand Sakurai's hesitance to completely change a characters moveset. There is always backlash when a single move is changed. Let alone a moveset so not incorporating the pultergust outside of his final smash makes a little sense.

A small but very improving change would be to switch his green fireballs with ice balls. This would make him more in line with the games particularly the new ones.

They would work like they do in the games, bounce high and after the second bounce disappear. They'd only stun for a moment. I think about the same time as ZSS's stun gun would be best. They'd greatly enhance his edge guarding power and his approaches.
Actually, Luigi's signature fireballs are lightning balls, not ice balls.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
He should pretty much include thunder/electric in his entire moveset. I mean it's called the thunderHAND.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom