• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers are king of the mountain that is Single Button

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, their dual-weilding made them the best competitors in Single Button. I'm hoping other characters are introduced that are multiple characters at once. I'm hoping Rockman gets in with Rush at his side, & I'm trying to think of Nintendo characters that could be in pairs.

Regardless, I sure expect the Ice Climbers' dual-weilding to continue dominating Single Button, presuming it's not taken out like good ol' Break the Targets essentially was.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
yea, BtT is back in, and also much improved given more of a challenge.\

also, do you actually use the IC's in melee, i'm sorry but one button is NOT their game. you must be thinking of shiek or marth

Egret

Smash Journeyman
Marth and Shiek dominate single button

Jiggs is also good, almost completely intact recovery. lol

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
When was BtT taken out?
"Essentially" as in how it was completely ****ing ruined.

yea, BtT is back in, and also much improved given more of a challenge.\
Yea, 5 stages is so much harder than 1 per character.[/sarcasm]

also, do you actually use the IC's in melee, i'm sorry but one button is NOT their game. you must be thinking of shiek or marth
You clearly don't play with items on Very High.

On topic: Just becuase Ice Climbers have two characters doesn't make them better at single button. Characters with good standard attacks and those with multi jumps do a lot better.
Ice Climbers can do all sorts of fantastic dual-weilding in Single Button, where almost everybody else loses attacks & dodging ability.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
1. 5 stages of varying difficulty for all characters means more stages guy, i HIGHLY doubt they'll be the same 5 for everyone.

2. you're right, i DONT play with items on very, i instead play the IC's at a competative level which is something you apparently dont do. if you play with items on very high chances are you dont know how to use the ice climbers which means chances are you think they suck because they're "slow"

3. you realize saying that have "dual-wielding attacks" limits that to..oh...every attack they have since both popo AND nana will do the action you perform.

sorry dude, but you're incorrect and honestly, i have no idea why this is even a topic in the IC section for brawl since it has NOTHING to do with brawl

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
1. 5 stages of varying difficulty for all characters means more stages guy, i HIGHLY doubt they'll be the same 5 for everyone.
We have 21+1 characters currently, which is 105+5 break the targets stages. That sounds excessive to me, & doesn't even take into consideration characters not yet revealed.

"This time, there are five different maps of varying difficulty—challenges you can take on with your favorite character."
"Each of the five maps is distinctive."

Not to mention that those quotes from the Dojo explicitly state that there will only be 5 of them, not 5 per character.

2. you're right, i DONT play with items on very, i instead play the IC's at a competative level which is something you apparently dont do. if you play with items on very high chances are you dont know how to use the ice climbers which means chances are you think they suck because they're "slow"
I don't think any characters suck. Each & every one can be fantastic in the right hands. Some are easier to master, & are thus considered "top-tier". I don't find the Ice Climbers to be that slow.

As a side note, I don't appreciate you condescending me because I use items. I joke about item-less users being jerks, but that's different. If you said that in jest & I misunderstoof, I apologize.

3. you realize saying that have "dual-wielding attacks" limits that to..oh...every attack they have since both popo AND nana will do the action you perform.
Well yea, dual-weilding refers to items. There are lots of fun combinations one can do by positioning Popo & Nana & giving each of them different items.

sorry dude, but you're incorrect and honestly, i have no idea why this is even a topic in the IC section for brawl since it has NOTHING to do with brawl
This topic is about the Ice Climbers' dual-weilding, its effectiveness in Brawl, the general benefits of two characters in one, & possible additional double characters in Brawl. I don't mean to be rude, but can't you read? This was all stated throughout the first post in the topic.

Top Bottom