• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ice climbers have a new chaingrab for brawl.

toga

Smash Apprentice
here is the video
but it looks like you can button mash out of it but I still have hope:urg:
this almost reminds me of dk's inf.grab he had in the n64 version. The only way I knew how to get out of it was to quickly up b with pikachu.
but the way people seem to get grabed seem similar to the n64 where you couldnt just eaisly button mash out of a grab.

the video from japan too so it might be different from ours.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RwwJoMFGlZc&feature=related

regardless if this will fly in tournament play is beyond me but its still a fun video to watch so have fun.

Som

Smash Cadet
looks promising, If we don't get the wobble back I'm sure we will still have some nasty grab combos.

ssbm rocks1

Smash Rookie
looks good but they werent actually fighting any1 so it might be easy to break out of...

dinhotheone

Smash Apprentice
imo, it looks impossible to get out of. perhaps mashable but the person doing is it a n00b like everyone else at this point and is slowing it down. perhaps DI straight up gets you out? idk.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
Does this remind anyone else of Z-throwing from melee except now we can control nana? If it works the same way then it is inescapeable, nice find!

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
we could do this in melee, just only near a ledge... and it was worse than other chain grabs so it didn't grab much attention.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
If that's an infinite, ICs will have to be banned. A game where comboing is very hard where a character can chaingrab you from 0% to death? Yeah, no thanks.

It's the new Wobbling.

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
If that's an infinite, ICs will have to be banned. A game where comboing is very hard where a character can chaingrab you from 0% to death? Yeah, no thanks.

It's the new Wobbling.
lol, new? you could do that crap in melee. It was hard as hell to time though. I figured this would be back.

Smasher89

Smash Lord

It's the new Wobbling.
I´ve tested it and it´s harder to manage do constantly, and I think that´s what´s called the "ledge infinite" in ssbm, totally unescapeable for a bowser but requires setup, something that should be easier in brawl since Nana got some more technical skillz(lol)

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord

It's the new Wobbling.
Icies weren't banned in Melee, and there's no reason to ban them now. Infinites are not inherently broken, especially if they are hard to pull off. Since there's no wavedashing now, Icies will gave a hard time actually grabbing anyone.

Also, this s*** looks hard as hell to do.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Icies weren't banned in Melee, and there's no reason to ban them now. Infinites are not inherently broken, especially if they are hard to pull off. Since there's no wavedashing now, Icies will gave a hard time actually grabbing anyone.

Also, this s*** looks hard as hell to do.
I don't know why I wrote ICs. Maybe I was tired. I meant it had to be banned.

It also depends on just how hard they are to pull off. If it's hard but easy to do constitently with enough training, timing and skill, then it'll have to be banned.

It's easier to grab now since approach is riskier and harder to do. The game's a turtle-fest, remember? People will just have to work a lot harder on staying safe. It's harder for ICs to rushgrab you, yes. Doesn't mean it's generally harder to get a grab off.

toga

Smash Apprentice
I just found out u can downthrow fair and regrab them till their % gets to 50 after that you can try what I showed in the video to continue it.

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
isnt this called Z-grabbing in melee?? i think it should be kept in the game, since it was never banned for melee(even chain grabbing wasnt banned)

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
I just found out u can downthrow fair and regrab them till their % gets to 50 after that you can try what I showed in the video to continue it.
incorrect sir, it stops before 40%. It may work on bigger dudes till then but the fair chaingrab will work, at most, twice. Sometimes only once.

Also to anyone saying this seems hard to do... it isn't! With a few hours of practice i can do it consistantly across whole stages.

toga

Smash Apprentice
actualy an eaiser way to chaingrab people is to simply down throw when you simply down throw you can re grab them and down throw again this works on several people falcon, mario,sheik,pikachu, and all the space animals. of course the can jump out of it at like 60% put its still a nice way to put pressute and % on your oponent.

toga

Smash Apprentice
actualy an eaiser way to chaingrab people is to simply down throw when you simply down throw you can re grab them and down throw again this works on several people falcon, mario,sheik,pikachu, and all the space animals. of course the can jump out of it at like 60% put its still a nice way to put pressure and % on your oponent.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
The Ice Climbers had an infinite grab in Melee too and they weren't banned. If you desynched 'em and just kept hitting the person you had grabbed with perfect timing, they'd never escape, and then you'd just forward-throw for the kill.

Top Bottom