• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Infinite Chaingrab in Brawl+

How should the Ice Climbers Infinite Chaingrab be handled in Brawl+?

• Remove the chaingrab entirely

Votes: 73 18.8%
  • Weaken the grab without removing it - perhaps by making it escapable or harder to initiate

Votes: 102 26.3%
  • Keep the chaingrab in the game

Votes: 91 23.5%
  • Wait for now, and bring this issue up again once tournament results become available

Votes: 122 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
The point is that its a step into reducing the characters chaingrab ability and that he (meep: a great IC main) agrees that it isnt a good thing to be in a "fun game".

If we can get rid of a 0-death from one grab and make the IC still a very fun character with great but not OP grab combos then i dont see why we wouldnt want to implement this into the game.

meepxzero

Smash Master
lulz at this thread.

Regular brawl is a game meant to be played gay in. So i agree infinites need to stay in that. And even if they took infinites out of it, people would still run the timer out on really good ice climber players and ic players would be more screwed over than b4. Then everyone wouldnt even bother to try the character and would just fall in the mix of unused characters in brawl.

But yah brawl + if u can manipulate ice climbers to be a better overall character than by all means take it out. Or keep it in but make a rule to limit alt grabs to 5 (this can be anyform of regrabbing). To refer back to the dude with the lucario avatar. Its a lot more difficult to run the timer in brawl+ because chars die faster and its slightly more fastpaced. Ic dont need to rely on infinites in this game imo.

I bet the people who wanna keep it in cant even do it consistently. It is rediculously broken if u never mess up.

lulz @ brawl+ climbers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsJQaM6Xhz8

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
.....wut? i mean yea i did... but why would you randomly post that.

Did you intentionally make most of your words start with D's?

Meep, alt grabs traditionally refer to popo giving to nana, then back to popo. If Nana doesnt grab, then it TECHNICALLY isnt an alt grab. The sopo dthrow, dthrow to fair, or any form of hobbling is technically NOT an alt grab. But i do get what your saying... i would be fine with a 5 grab limit, thats all i really need to kill or put the opponent in a very bad position tbh.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I was being silly with the alliteration, as for the info, it seems like out of all the talk and vids of ICs in B+ I have seen, not one has used Dash Dancing for Desyncing Shenanigans so I thought I'd just post the random tidbit.

During Whobo, I got them through random, and with Dash Dancing, Desync was pretty easy and allowed for lulzy desync tactics + mindgames.

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
most people dont try to desync online as its kinda meh, but if you must know the best tactic for desync is a simple dash left then immediate dash right or vice versa to ice block. Nana takes about a second longer to turn around than popo as she pivots but popo simply does an instant turn.

Rejjae

Smash Apprentice
I think that they shouldn't have the infinite since infinites suck, but it should be done in a way that doesn't take away from the CG. What I mean is that if you made it escapable, people would just use that escape everytime they got grabbed and not fear the grab.

If they made it only go for only a certain amount of grabs it would become repetitive and the same grab combo each time (although thats a viable option), so I think the best way to deal with it is to make IC's grab combo's more dynamic and act a little like the other combos done in game.

A solution I'm thinking of is to make Nana's grab auto-upthrow (ends combo but still leads to a possible follow up) so that the player relies on different Popo regrab setups to keep the combo going, each one escapable through a different method that doesn't work against the other setups.

That way an IC grab would work the same way most combo starters worked where the opponent can DI in either direction and the player has to follow based on the opponent's DI to either extend the combo or finish.

Here's how I think this could work:

Like I already said make Nana's grab auto-upthrow, thus removing one of the infinites, but making for a decent finisher (up-throw might need to be changed for that purpose, maybe just Nana's throw).

The Popo:Dthrow - Nana: Fair - Popo: Ice Block - regrab infinite could be fixed by making Nana's Fair hit at a more forward trajectory so the block can't hit them in time, turning it into a finisher (also passively buffing it as a spike since forward-down is just a bit sexier than just down)

For Popo regrab setups (I actually put a lot of thought into how this could work), a few edits would make some of them easily possible:

If Popo's grab attack was changed so that he lets go if the opponent gets hit during it (not sure if that edit is doable yet, but I think this would be sick), and Nana's jab had super-armor frames (sounds absurd, but it'd really have no other effect outside of grab setup)

that opens up the possibility for grab-attack - Nana: jab - regrab, can be spot dodged (roll is too slow) or interupted (grab or a fast jab) if they react fast enough

if they jabbed or dodged, they eat a Nana grab-upthrow if you were trying to grab
if they jabbed or grabbed and you predicted, they eat a Nana Fsmash or Dsmash
if they dodged and you predicted, you wait till the dodge ends and when they come out, you make them your B!@tch

If those edits can't be done yet, there's still other ones that could be done to make the IC's grab into something new and dynamic while still keeping the same vibe that the IC chaingrab is supposed to have.

D

Deleted member

seriously you didn't have to bump this up.

the WBR has decided to remove the infinite like a month ago, I just haven't found time to do so.

Top Bottom