• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers infinite

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
anyone know if the wobble will return or if the game's been tweaked so you can somehow mash out of it

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
There's no need to be so formal; I dislike being called "The" Wobbles. Just Wobbles is fine.

Also, there is no escaping from me.

_______

As for your actual question, there are any number of things they could do to keep the infinite from being... well, infinite. Weaker attacks could knock the opponent out of grabs. The game might buffer throws if you're holding a direction, making the tilt motion fundamentally impossible. The tilts and headbutts might not sync up with stun and timing, leaving windows for escape. The little stats and physics that get tweaked in new versions of a game will probably leave the infinite--as we know it--impossible.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
other sweet lengthy desynch combos can always be made in the infinite's place

i guess people hate the infinite for it's ease of execution

btw, wobbles: i finally got it!

clockwerkz

Smash Rookie
long live the wobble!
everyone who wants it removed has obviously never felt the joy of wobbling someone

Winnar

Smash Lord
There's no need to be so formal; I dislike being called "The" Wobbles. Just Wobbles is fine.

Also, there is no escaping from me.
FORWARD, FORWARD, BACK, BACK, FORWARD, PUNCH!

FATALITY! FLAWLESS VICTORY

*ahem* That is to say, you win D:

I haven't seen much Ice Climber gameplay, but I know other characters hit MUCH faster in their grabs (headbutt), so I would think traditional wobbling got taken out. Or at least traditional wobbling is no longer infinite. It could still be useful in getting more damage on the opponent than normal, but who knows.

Also, just because Sakurai didn't keep track of Melee like us doesn't mean that his team didn't. He said that (at least part of) the developing team played quite a bit of Melee it seems.

Izmo

Smash Cadet
I can't get the wobbles to work. I don't know if others have confirmed it or not, since I haven't read alot of the threads in this forum yet, but I've never had much trouble landing the wobble, and it's just not happening.

I noticed that I'm unable to do any team infinites as well. After a bit of damage, around 20 to 30, you just let go whether you like it or not. When I was doing some team matches, my teammate got a grab off, and I used Sheik's rapid A, but eventually the grab just broke. I just went and tried to team combo again in the middle of typing this post. My brother held player 3, controlled by no one, and I as Meta Knight, and later Sheik, rapid A'd, but player 3 just broke out of the hold as stated above. This was both with and without team attack on, just to make sure I wasn't hitting my partner, and it was both with and without my brother hitting a as well while grabbing.

Sorry if that was too thorough ^^;

I've had the game since Sunday, and I still am not seeing a way to get the wobbles going, but if I do I'll post here.

Top Bottom