• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Matchup Thread*Closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ness is okay against ic's

not that good

just okay

he can fair a lot but other than that nothing

PK fire lmao just block it o____O?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I know that. I was mostly directing that at a "A good Ness won't allow himself to get punished when using PKF," which is false.

I never said CGs were amazing in this match-up; I was just correcting you since you seem to think that the ICs can't infinite Ness.

Others do though

I don't know what you're trying to say here, but I'm going to guess that it's something about how well the ICs can gimp Ness. While they can fair him off the edge and harass him with ice blocks, I think Ness can recover if he plays his cards right (though I wouldn't be surprised if there's some algorithm the ICs can follow to guarantee his death, either.) Not that this matters a lot, since the ICs usually KO off the top instead of the sides/bottom.

agreed, Ness can spike a lone IC easily too

Ness isn't very good at grabbing ICs, either, and unless Nana's at a high percentage, grabbing her is usually worthless since the ICs will ultimately punish Ness harder anyways. It's actually probably better to grab Popo, although if the ICs are synched, grabbing either one will probably get you hit with fsmash. PKT is almost always a terrible idea in this match-up, except possibly for KOing a lost Nana with PKT2. Ness risks death pretty much everytime he uses PKT/PKT2, since missing means getting grabbed. Ness's aerials aren't good for keeping the ICs at bay since a cross-up squall hammer will beat every aerial he has except maybe uair, which otherwise doesn't seem like a very threatening move. Yo-yos are decent in my experience, but they're still not that hard to punish.

Ness is amazing at grabbing, his dash grab is quick, and his pivot grab adds in his dash grabs speed and extra range. Um, Ness aerials do beat out squall hammer, nair and fair pretty much cancel the move. Uair vs squall isn't that smart IMO. Yo-yo's are better than decent, they are intrical to his ground game.

I don't know what you put the matchup at, but I heavily disagree at seeing Ness at 7-3 while other characters are at 5-5 (where most of the same principles can be added)

opinion on the matchup?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Ness is amazing at grabbing, his dash grab is quick, and his pivot grab adds in his dash grabs speed and extra range. Um, Ness aerials do beat out squall hammer, nair and fair pretty much cancel the move. Uair vs squall isn't that smart IMO. Yo-yo's are better than decent, they are intrical to his ground game.
ICs can just squall hammer over fair and hit Ness from behind. That's what I mean when I say "cross-up squall hammer." idk about nair. I still feel like Yo-yos aren't that hard to punish, though. Regarding grabs, running up to ICs and grabbing is an incredibly balsy and risky move, since messing up is risking death, even if the payoff is decent (which I don't think it is, since even if you land the grab, the free IC can fsmash/blizzard/jab Ness out of it, unless the ICs are seperated.)

I don't know what you put the matchup at, but I heavily disagree at seeing Ness at 7-3 while other characters are at 5-5 (where most of the same principles can be added)
Most other characters are either better at punishing the ICs' approaches or better at approaching the ICs. 7-3 might be a bit harsh, but I do think the ICs have a notable advantage.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Ness can't be infinited by IC, stop spreading false info. A good Ness won't allow himself to get punished when using PKF.

I dislike how you have very limited experience in this matchup. Cpu's don't count.

Edit: Which infinite are you talking, the regular one or Ness specific? You guys are SERIOUSLY underestimating Ness.
CPUs? When did I say CPUs? D:

;-;

Any character can get infinited, as long as if you're comfortable CGing them. Are you just defending Ness or something..? O.o

And I think Squall vs. F-air is, Squall cancels itself? And f-air does too, not sure though.... and sometimes Squall can cancel projectiles.

Ness's grabs can't work with the ICs, the other partner will just attack you when Ness's grabs, or just a grab counter. But if Ness grabs Popo and Nana is separated, then I guess the ICs are doomed if they're at high percentage.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
ness has good KO potentail, but has some trouble setting it up,he dosent have much of anything to split ICs up except Bthrow and mabey fair,the solid apprach here would be Squalling,it has higher priority against most of ness's moves. 6:4 IC

if anyone wants to try to summarize that a little better that would be nice

PKNintendo

Smash Master
ness has good KO potentail, but has some trouble setting it up,he dosent have much of anything to split ICs up except Bthrow and mabey fair,the solid apprach here would be Squalling,it has higher priority against most of ness's moves. 6:4 IC

if anyone wants to try to summarize that a little better that would be nice
I still disagree, especially when plenty of other characters have had their mains backed up all ready, and not Ness yet. Ness being at a random 7-3 still is lol. I don't mean to underestimate other mains, but this is just plain ignorant. In my opinion it should be 5-5 flat. (Mario at at 7-3 too is lol, but more on him later)

ICs can just squall hammer over fair and hit Ness from behind. That's what I mean when I say "cross-up squall hammer." idk about nair. I still feel like Yo-yos aren't that hard to punish, though. Regarding grabs, running up to ICs and grabbing is an incredibly balsy and risky move, since messing up is risking death, even if the payoff is decent (which I don't think it is, since even if you land the grab, the free IC can fsmash/blizzard/jab Ness out of it, unless the ICs are seperated.)

Most other characters are either better at punishing the ICs' approaches or better at approaching the ICs. 7-3 might be a bit harsh, but I do think the ICs have a notable advantage.
Or you can wait out the squall and punish with an aerial, Ness can be a decent punisher. PKT2 on aerial squalling Ice Climber can kill them easily (since their squalling, they can't air dodge the attack) If a Ness is using the yo-yo's like no tomorrow, than yes, they can be hard to punish.

Of course grabbing the IC as a pair is suicide, but grabbing a lone IC is easy.

Grabbing does not equal death. Ness is similar to Wario in the fact that he's hard to grab (aerial movement and all that jazz) He isn't as good as Wario, but it's serviceable. Ness has a good approach, PK Jump ( a glitch involving PK Fire where Ness shoots to where PKF will land, it can also be used to retreat.)

Lucas being at 5-5 shows some diversity in this thread. Most threads assume Ness=Lucas

PKNintendo

Smash Master
SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST

My summary on the matchup

This matchup isn't to complicated. We all fear the IC almighty grab, but to what extent? Their puny grab range, that any decent player can outspace them. On the ground, simply yo-yo's can help keep Ness in the clear while the IC approach with the squall. Use simple ground attacks, such as jabs and tilts, since the IC will punish any messups with a grab. PKF should only be used when your SURE you can get away with it.

(alternatively, those skilled with the mighty arts of PK jump and Firebounding, can use those instead)
Punish whiffed smashes with a grab. Make you use Ness dash grab, since Ness will slide when he grabs his prey, just enough time for Nana to be killed with a backthrow (with a dash grab, Popo will barely have enough time to react) He you grab popo, quickly use a backthrow, less you want Nana to attack you. Seriously killing the IC is a piece of cake with backthrow. Popo on his own is relatively light, and Nana has really stupid AI and will DI in the WRONG direction, killing her earrrrrrrrrrly. (75% early!) Once she's gone, deal with the lone Popo, and keep him at bay with an aerial ****. When the time comes, you can backthrow for hs death.

In the air, you can combo with aerials to also keep the IC's at bay. The squall hammer is annoying, but escaping it's wrath and leading into a punish is really a work of art. Anticipate and lead into a PKT2 on a whiffed aerial squall. Once the IC are off the ledge, you can use PK Flash to kill them on getting back on the stage with such a predictable recovery. (If Nana is gone, popo is screwed) or you can go and chase them yourselves and spike them with dair.

*Ness is lucky by that fact that he can't get forward throwed CG. They have to use the other methods.

On the flipside, IC have plenty of tools to kill you. Getting grabbed by a GOOD IC is scary. They the average down throw CG, and can get you to the ledge to attempt to spike you (with Nana) The spike usually isn't strong enough to kill you at 0%, by they will attempt to gimp PKT with an ice block. You are spiked, used your PKT2 ASAP, or you will die. If your they hit you, double jump (you should save it) if not, your screwed. Squall hammer, can stop your ground approaches too. Getting grabbed and rapped by blizzard is not fun either.

IC are indeed a tough opponent, but they are not impossible. 5-5

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Kills at 75%? What? That early? That was only in Melee, most grab KOs were nerfed in Brawl such as Peach's and Jigglypuff, Ness's buffed, but it KOs at only 100%+. I check at training mode, it does not KO at 75%, Ness's b-throw doesn't KO until 100%+.

And still talking about b-throwing Nana...? Grabbing the ICs is impossible if they're together, because the other one can just counter it, a grab counter. However, if either one of them is separated, then one of them can't counter the grab, so the ICs are doomed with that. But if Nana's with Popo and one of them are grabbed, they grab counter. Plus Ness's b-throw has a little start-up lag at the beginning, so the partner can hit early with one of their attacks.

*Ness is lucky by that fact that he can't get forward throwed CG. They have to use the other methods.
What..? Everyone can get altgrabbed by an f-throw, d-throw, and b-throw, you just need the right timing: I can f-throw Ness. .__.

*cough* >.>

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Kills at 75%? What? That early? That was only in Melee, most grab KOs were nerfed in Brawl such as Peach's and Jigglypuff, Ness's buffed, but it KOs at only 100%+. I check at training mode, it does not KO at 75%, Ness's b-throw doesn't KO until 100%+.

And still talking about b-throwing Nana...? Grabbing the ICs is impossible if they're together, because the other one can just counter it, a grab counter. However, if either one of them is separated, then one of them can't counter the grab, so the ICs are doomed with that. But if Nana's with Popo and one of them are grabbed, they grab counter. Plus Ness's b-throw has a little start-up lag at the beginning, so the partner can hit early with one of their attacks.

What..? Everyone can get altgrabbed by an f-throw, d-throw, and b-throw, you just need the right timing: I can f-throw Ness. .__.

*cough* >.>
Nana is an idiot at DI, try it yourself. (FD,)

75% is a rough estimate but it's below 100% for sure. Ness may be alt grab by an fthrow, but it's harder than average

gantrain05

Smash Master
CPUs? When did I say CPUs? D:

;-;

Any character can get infinited, as long as if you're comfortable CGing them. Are you just defending Ness or something..? O.o

And I think Squall vs. F-air is, Squall cancels itself? And f-air does too, not sure though.... and sometimes Squall can cancel projectiles.

Ness's grabs can't work with the ICs, the other partner will just attack you when Ness's grabs, or just a grab counter. But if Ness grabs Popo and Nana is separated, then I guess the ICs are doomed if they're at high percentage.
no, they won't cancel each other, ness's Fair will eat up squall and spit out the iceys, trust me, you really underestimate the power of ness's Fair, not to mention a good ness knows how to use Fair so well as it to be almost unpunishable by characters that aren't extremely fast like shiek, fox, or sonic, but the iceys don't have the speed to punish a shield poking Fair since it autocancels so ness can do as he will soon as he hits the ground.

Dark Popo

Smash Cadet
I think Pikmin & Olimar have an advantage over the Ice Climbers because of the fast smash attacks can break you apart quickly.

Edit: Yet edgeguading him is very easy.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
MC-Killa it's still 7-3!

I've given a n argument, it's been completely ignored!

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Ness' Matchup

Yer, we're lazy =D But I'll give my insight with my experience with Ness.

Ness' Yoyo is not really much of a problem, you can beat the Yoyo with a blizzard, using Yoyo as a spacing tool is a good idea, but not when the ICs predict it and use a blizzard.

Ness' Fair is a *****, the only thing the ICs can do is dodge it and space properly to punish it.

Ness CAN be CGing using Fthrow, it's just hard to do. But it's not like that's gonna make a difference.

Any IC player with fast reaction can easily jab Ness to release the other climber. Ness does have his Dthrow

Ness can seperate the ICs, the only thing that I can think og now that if a PK fire hits the ICs, Ness could hit, grab and throw and even use his Bair to hit them and seperate them. His Dthrow isn't bad seprating the ICs actually.

I agree, 7-3 means advatage and sorta ****, 6-4 is good enough.

My insight on the matchup, feel free to counter my arguments, I would like to have one since I'm bored now =D

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Yer, we're lazy =D But I'll give my insight with my experience with Ness.

Ness' Yoyo is not really much of a problem, you can beat the Yoyo with a blizzard, using Yoyo as a spacing tool is a good idea, but not when the ICs predict it and use a blizzard.

Ness' Fair is a *****, the only thing the ICs can do is dodge it and space properly to punish it.

Ness CAN be CGing using Fthrow, it's just hard to do. But it's not like that's gonna make a difference.

Any IC player with fast reaction can easily jab Ness to release the other climber. Ness does have his Dthrow

Ness can seperate the ICs, the only thing that I can think og now that if a PK fire hits the ICs, Ness could hit, grab and throw and even use his Bair to hit them and seperate them. His Dthrow isn't bad seprating the ICs actually.

I agree, 7-3 means advatage and sorta ****, 6-4 is good enough.

My insight on the matchup, feel free to counter my arguments, I would like to have one since I'm bored now =D

Yes, but what are the advantages that IC have to render the matchup at a 6-4? I liked some
of your points, but I don't see what IC to have it a 6-4. 55-45 or 50-50 is right up my ally.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I keep hearing with Ness players that their main method of killing is usually by throwing them with a Bthrow, that won't work with ICs for a good clear reason. So Ness does have a hard time killing them off. Unless he uses Bair and Fsmash is sweetspotted.

Ness' ground attacks are slow, it's just slow compared to ICs. ICs have an advatage over Ness due to his slower attacking speed than the ICs.

As well as to seperating the ICs, the only reliable way IMO for Ness to seperate the ICs is by grabbing and Dthrow; if that whiffs, ICs can punish Ness hard with a grab of their own. His PK Fire isn't that good to seperate since it has a a fair amount of starting and ending lag for the ICs to punish Ness.

Ness can edgeguard ICs, but the only problem is that idk how he can -.-

What ICs do have on Ness is range, since Im away from my Wii (MY BABY!!! xD), if IC do space themselves, Ness' Fair has less priority than Blizzard? If it does, that stops him from using Fair alot, the only problem is that Blizzard can be punished by Ness since his Fair Auto Cancels and he can just use PK Fire -.- The only way for ICs to not get punished is if they bait Ness.

I think Ness' bat is close to even with the IC's Fmsash range, correct me if I'm wrong.

Ness recovery can be gimp pretty easy from my experience, if Ness is below the stage while recovering, all the ICs need to do is throw two ice blocks and hit his recovery; it stops his PK thunder if it hits and if Ness is far enough, it has the ablility to shorten Ness's distance of PK Thunder 2. If Ness decides to recover over the stage, to prevent himself from getting kicked in the *** while landing on the stage to recover, he has to sweetspot the ledge. I'm not sure if that's a good risk of not since I don't do that with Lucas too much.

ICs do have power on their side, they can just grab you and charge a smash while you are grabbed, also correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember IC's Usmash is much more powerful than Ness', Ness's Fmash is stronger than the IC's when sweetspotted, and I think IC's Dsmash is stronger than Ness but only by a small margin. Also they can CG Ness, it's not hard to CG him honestly IMO.

Ness can seperate them but at a good risk, he has a shorter range than he has trouble killing them early and his recovery can be gimped.

IC's can be seperated by Ness, but can punish him if he misses, they have longer range than Ness, they don't have trouble CGing Ness, they have more KO power than Ness, and I'm not honestly sure if Ness can edgeguard the ICs.

There you go, I still think it's 6-4, but that's because I don't know how Ness can edgeguard the ICs.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I keep hearing with Ness players that their main method of killing is usually by throwing them with a Bthrow, that won't work with ICs for a good clear reason. So Ness does have a hard time killing them off. Unless he uses Bair and Fsmash is sweetspotted.

Ness' ground attacks are slow, it's just slow compared to ICs. ICs have an advatage over Ness due to his slower attacking speed than the ICs.

As well as to seperating the ICs, the only reliable way IMO for Ness to seperate the ICs is by grabbing and Dthrow; if that whiffs, ICs can punish Ness hard with a grab of their own. His PK Fire isn't that good to seperate since it has a a fair amount of starting and ending lag for the ICs to punish Ness.

Ness can edgeguard ICs, but the only problem is that idk how he can -.-

What ICs do have on Ness is range, since Im away from my Wii (MY BABY!!! xD), if IC do space themselves, Ness' Fair has less priority than Blizzard? If it does, that stops him from using Fair alot, the only problem is that Blizzard can be punished by Ness since his Fair Auto Cancels and he can just use PK Fire -.- The only way for ICs to not get punished is if they bait Ness.

I think Ness' bat is close to even with the IC's Fmsash range, correct me if I'm wrong.

Ness recovery can be gimp pretty easy from my experience, if Ness is below the stage while recovering, all the ICs need to do is throw two ice blocks and hit his recovery; it stops his PK thunder if it hits and if Ness is far enough, it has the ablility to shorten Ness's distance of PK Thunder 2. If Ness decides to recover over the stage, to prevent himself from getting kicked in the *** while landing on the stage to recover, he has to sweetspot the ledge. I'm not sure if that's a good risk of not since I don't do that with Lucas too much.

ICs do have power on their side, they can just grab you and charge a smash while you are grabbed, also correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember IC's Usmash is much more powerful than Ness', Ness's Fmash is stronger than the IC's when sweetspotted, and I think IC's Dsmash is stronger than Ness but only by a small margin. Also they can CG Ness, it's not hard to CG him honestly IMO.

Ness can seperate them but at a good risk, he has a shorter range than he has trouble killing them early and his recovery can be gimped.

IC's can be seperated by Ness, but can punish him if he misses, they have longer range than Ness, they don't have trouble CGing Ness, they have more KO power than Ness, and I'm not honestly sure if Ness can edgeguard the ICs.

There you go, I still think it's 6-4, but that's because I don't know how Ness can edgeguard the ICs.
Ness Fsmash has more range than IC's Fsmash. In terms of KO potential, I thin Ness is much sronger than the IC's. PKT2, bat, PK flash (rare though) bair are all good killers.
I also think Ness Fsmash is stronger than IC downsmash too.

I disagree with getting gimped easily. Sure it CAN happen, but it isn't that big on the matchup. IC have even matchups with characters who have WORSE recovery options than Ness. That is a bit sad in my opinion.

Also they can CG Ness, it's not hard to CG him honestly IMO.
Untrue. If a Ness didn't want to be grabbed, he can escape the tiny range of the IC grab, since he has nice aerial movement, and Ness prefers to stay in the air. You can say that about ANY matchup too. Heck, Ness has an easier time avoiding the fthrow CG.

In terms of edge guarding, Using an incoming Pkflash can get the Ice climbers as they belay. One or the other.

I don't think it's 6-4 for the reason that they don't have a defining advantage in this matchup. 50-50 or 45-55.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Ness Fsmash has more range than IC's Fsmash. In terms of KO potential, I thin Ness is much sronger than the IC's. PKT2, bat, PK flash (rare though) bair are all good killers.
I also think Ness Fsmash is stronger than IC downsmash too.

I disagree with getting gimped easily. Sure it CAN happen, but it isn't that big on the matchup. IC have even matchups with characters who have WORSE recovery options than Ness. That is a bit sad in my opinion.

Also they can CG Ness, it's not hard to CG him honestly IMO.
Untrue. If a Ness didn't want to be grabbed, he can escape the tiny range of the IC grab, since he has nice aerial movement, and Ness prefers to stay in the air. You can say that about ANY matchup too. Heck, Ness has an easier time avoiding the fthrow CG.

In terms of edge guarding, Using an incoming Pkflash can get the Ice climbers as they belay. One or the other.

I don't think it's 6-4 for the reason that they don't have a defining advantage in this matchup. 50-50 or 45-55.
This guy is obviously one of those people you can't tell that your character is better than theirs.

And what the hell? DSmash does 40-56 damage if both of them hit. Your FSmash does about 20-26.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
The only problem is that PK Thunder 2 is not a reliable kill move, the fact than any person seeing this coming can easily dodge Ness' PKT2, and same with PK Flash, it's just not going to happen as often as a Ness' Bair and Fsmash.

Also, yes, Ness can space more better than the IC, but that doesn't mean Ness won't get grabbed in a match. And again, it's possible to CG Ness using Fthrow it's just hard to do.

PK Flash does sound reasonable to hit the ICs while they are being edgeguarded . So how about PK Thunder and to a certain extent, PK Fire, how bad do those wreck the IC's recovery? I would love to test this out, but my Wii is away from me :*(

PKNintendo

Smash Master
This guy is obviously one of those people you can't tell that your character is better than theirs.

And what the hell? DSmash does 40-56 damage if both of them hit. Your FSmash does about 20-26.
40-50%. No I disbelieve you. I also disagree. I know the potential of my character quite well.
I know the IC as whole are LEAGUES above Ness. No need to make remarks like that.

And I thought he was talking about KO power.

The only problem is that PK Thunder 2 is not a reliable kill move, the fact than any person seeing this coming can easily dodge Ness' PKT2, and same with PK Flash, it's just not going to happen as often as a Ness' Bair and Fsmash.

Also, yes, Ness can space more better than the IC, but that doesn't mean Ness won't get grabbed in a match. And again, it's possible to CG Ness using Fthrow it's just hard to do.

PK Flash does sound reasonable to hit the ICs while they are being edgeguarded . So how about PK Thunder and to a certain extent, PK Fire, how bad do those wreck the IC's recovery? I would love to test this out, but my Wii is away from me :*(

Hehe. Once quoted from Simna Inb Sind.
What seperates a good Ness main from a bad Ness main is his ability to use PKT2.
A good Ness main should land PKT2 1.6 times.
I don't think PKF has anything on the IC 's recovery, unless you PK jump it, but thats difficult.

PK flash works in the manner that when IC use their recovery (Belay) you can aim for Nana to kill her, or go for Popo. Going for Popo is a bit hard, since he's human controlled ,but Nana is easy pickings.

What happened to your Wii?

Also what happened

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Who's Simna Inb Sind?

Anyways back to the point, I honestly don't see how PK Thunder 2 can hit a person, sure it's faster than Captain Falcon's FALCOOONN PAAWNCH and you can change your trajectory, but that still doesn't mean you can't see it coming at you and it's easy to dodge.

Yes I agree, PK Flash works on the ICs, since while they Belay, they stop their momenteum for a short period of time, but it's still hard to land.

I'm away from my Wii since I'm at my cousin's house for a party. They have a PS2 haha... no. :*(

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Who's Simna Inb Sind?

Anyways back to the point, I honestly don't see how PK Thunder 2 can hit a person, sure it's faster than Captain Falcon's FALCOOONN PAAWNCH and you can change your trajectory, but that still doesn't mean you can't see it coming at you and it's easy to dodge.

Yes I agree, PK Flash works on the ICs, since while they Belay, they stop their momenteum for a short period of time, but it's still hard to land.

I'm away from my Wii since I'm at my cousin's house for a party. They have a PS2 haha... no. :*(
Lucky. My cousins live far away:(.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0-rYP0Zkgw
This is Simna, arguably the best Melee Ness ever.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Who's Simna Inb Sind?

you do know that you can hit the iceys with the tail of the thunder to lead them right into ness or lucas' pkt2, if you are hit by the tail and you are close enough you cannot escape it as far as i know, if you ever play someone whos very good with it you will see, it can be very frustrating.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
never fought a samus so i wouldnt really know,but from what ive seen, easy to approach squall cancels most of her projectiles w/ blizzard to cover the others,not really a hard matchup from what ive seen...

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Do you guys think we should have a community match-up discussions for ICs? I see the Sonic boards as well as the other boards do it. I think it would be good for a better analysis (Not trying to take away from this thread, but it has been inactive and I think other communities need to have a say). In fact, I think a discussion can help this thread too since the OP can take out anything from the discussion topic.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Yes please. The only problem is the lack of IC users active on the boards... Which are I think only 5?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
cuz lots of ic players use them as a secondary and have other mains

playing ic's can be very boring at times :p

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
They are not boring! It's fun playing two little kawaii people in parkas xD

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
IC r awsome(and nana is hot)

and i dont see why not. still we kinda lack info on alot of characters and it would probobly help

i can only update as long as eveyone else provides the info too

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I hope to help you guys out as best as i possibly can. At the moment I'm pretty stacked with schoolwork :(.

I say we discuss Game and Watch first, since it seems most of us use him too. :)

gantrain05

Smash Master
i've taken it upon myself to participate in you ice climbers discussion, i basically play random (28/35 of the characters) i do not play MK, snake, DDD, falco, IC, Diddy, or wolf. and the iceys are my most hated matchup, so i will try to give you guys some matchup information from the characters that i know well, and hopefully come out with a little knowledge of how to fight the iceys myself.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Ice Climbers: Community Match-up Discussion #2 *Sonic*

Welcome to the Ice Climbers Match-Up Discussion

Sup ladies and gentlemen!!! This is where all the discussions for match-ups take place. I'm sure everyone is familiar with how these threads go if you visited other boards. This is to gather more info and have better match analysis on the boards. The original match thread here can take info we find or discuss (After all, that's what these discussions are for right).

Here's some ground rules:
1. As usual, DO NOT SPAM!!! Don't make me have to report you.
2. If your gonna contribute, keep it unbiased. It doesn't help anyone when your in denial of a disadvantage.
3. This may be the biggest rule. I know some of you get passionate about your mains. I'm also aware that debates are gonna spark off. I only ask that you keep it civil. Any hint of flaming, personal insults etc, will be dealt with harshly. This thread is for intelligent discussion, not for babies that get butthurt by what people say about their main.
4. No "One-Liner" contributions please. Explain your opinion please, everyone will understand and listen to what you say more often.

Other than that, we're cool. I trust both sides will get along and have a good discussion.

Here's the format I'm gonna do this in.

Behaviour:

Moves to watch out for:

How To Win:

Recommended stages:

Match Score:

With that said, let's begin.

Special Thanks
Whoever is about to contribute (Will update :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom