• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climber's Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
hey, if you have two children climbing mountains, why do they have hammers? How do hammers help you climb mountains? I would understand ice picks, which would probably be better weapons than a hammer. So why the hammers? Also, in a completely frozen area which they live in, how could they have obtained hammers made of wood? If that was possible, igloos would be made of wood.:confused: So I repeat, why hammers instead of ice picks? And don't say "it's just a game". I want valid reasoning here.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Ice picks can cause bleeding, and this is Nintendo!
Swords can cause bleeding two, and so can rocket missiles. Nut that never stopped Ike and Snake. Maybe not ice picks, but rocks or sharpened stones or something. All I know is that it's hard to find wood in Antarctica or other remote areas.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
The hammers are for beating up enemies. Ice picks cause bleeding which is politically incorrect. They live by a mountain not in the Arctic. There are trees at the base.
Once again, rockets and swords are politically incorrect too, but that didn't stop Ike or Snake. And if they live on a mountain, I doubt they would be dresses like Inuit.

~Courage~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Courage808
Ummm...

Aren't ice picks made of metal?
I mean, the last time I checked, metal was much harder to find then wood.
And in Super Smash Bros. Melee, if you look in the backround of the Ice Climber's level, you can see trees.
And face it, a wooden igloo would be MUCH harder to make then an ice one.
And the hammers aren't exactly for climbing the mountain. I think its for self defence agenst the topis and whatever enemy the Ice Climbers encounter.

Either way, the bottom line is that it IS just a game!
What you prompt you to ask such silly questions?

MojoMan

Smash Ace
The hammers are for beating up enemies. Ice picks cause bleeding which is politically incorrect. They live by a mountain not in the Arctic. There are trees at the base.
Aren't ice picks made of metal?
I mean, the last time I checked, metal was much harder to find then wood.
And in Super Smash Bros. Melee, if you look in the backround of the Ice Climber's level, you can see trees.
And face it, a wooden igloo would be MUCH harder to make then an ice one.
And the hammers aren't exactly for climbing the mountain. I think its for self defence agenst the topis and whatever enemy the Ice Climbers encounter.

Either way, the bottom line is that it IS just a game!
What you prompt you to ask such silly questions?
I already said, something made out of rock. And if the hammers are for defense, how do they climb mountains? And i just played in summit. I saw no trees, but i might just be going blind.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
probably because the ice climbers are too cute and a hammer is equally cute and effective?

i mean seriously, they are TOO cute

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Like Ness and Lucas, they just look like little kids because of their character designs.
Uh, Ness and Lucas are kids.

They use Mallets to break the ice 'roofs' above them so they can climb higher, and also to beat up any seals/topy's in the way as they climb upwards.

And as fo asking why it's made from wood when all they should find is ice: What about their clothes? They aren't made from Ice but you aren't complaining about that inconsistency.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
*Afraid to argue with moderator* Well, they might kill animals and use that for clothing and food. That fish that eats you looks pretty tasty on summit, and that polar bear looks nice and warm for fur. I'm sure the ice climbers are capable of killing animals. under those cute smiles is a dangerous, killer mind.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
You know what I made for my gf in ceramics? An ice climbers sculpture, there was nothing more perfect to make as a gift. They're just too **** cute to have sharp objects. TOO DAM CUTE.

If anyone wants to take my gift idea go ahead, it works =] lulz.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
First The Ice Climbers aren't Children, they are adults, secondly hammers could be very effective at making ledges.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Yes, but while climbing a mountain, you don't always have time to sit somewhere making a ledge to put your foot on.

iLike2EatPiez

Smash Rookie
Because it's Nintendo, and they've never been known to be logical. I mean, compared to yellow mice that electrocute things and male dinosaurs who obsessively lay eggs, the Ice Climbers having wooden hammers is completely normal... What's the point of this thread again?

Demon_Parasite

Smash Cadet
I don't think the Ice Climbers are little kids. Like Ness and Lucas, they just look like little kids because of their character designs.

Ness and Lucas ARE little kids. They are around 9-10 in the beginning of their games, and 12-13 at the end.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
They're just gentle characters. It'd be too violent, so they decide to use hammers. Besides, giving your opponent the torture of splinters is more fun.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
But I'm wondering the logic of the hammers in the ice climbers game, and in brawl. In the game, you could easily have done the same thing with sharpened rocks or ice picks.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
To hit birds and polar bears.
And because wood is lighter. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom