• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Revised in Brawl

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I wonder if she still can desynch from grabs to do the Wobble. Knowing that they want to balance the game they probably removed it.
Well, seeing as the computer desynched in Melee out of grabs, I'd say that Desynching is returning. However, Wobbling probably has been removed.

The Blizzard thing is great news. I wonder if we can still desynch out of it...?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
even in videos the ic's are already desynching themselves, and from what i've seen, in new ways.

S2

Smash Lord
The only real improvement IC need, is that Popo needs to have some recovery when he's alone. Perhaps a tether recovery with that rope instead, when Nana is not with him.

Yeah, I'm aware of the Side-B tapping. But its very predictable.

IC lost their wavedash, I think this is needed to keep them balanced still.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
IC's recovery was the most balanced in Melee. It was good that Popo did not recover as well without Nana, because it's part of their weakness (that after you lose your secondary climber, damage, recovery, etc. all become worse). Of course, in Brawl we have characters like Pit who can freakin' fly, glide, and auto-sweet-spot the edge, their recovery could become better. I hope that they can sweetspot now; if they cannot, then they're missing out on a huge advantage everyone else has gained.

Also, something I noticed in a gameplay vid: Nana can now Squall Hammer! What does that mean? She can actually recover by herself now, and will be harder to gimp. The real question, however: What about teleporting to recover, etc? Will Nana still teleport to recover if she's close enough, and will she be able to do the reverse for Popo? If so, there could some cool interactions going on here...

Lastly, desynching can be found in any Ice Climber's Gameplay Video. We still haven't seen any dodge/roll/grab desynchs, though.

Top Bottom