• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Tourney Results Thread; By iceclimbersinfinent

Nintendude

Smash Hero
There was another tourney in Austin like a few days ago and I took 1st.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176679

1.Melee 1 Iceclimbers :) I won like 110.00
2.Sethlon
3.Infinity
4. Hylian

Please add this to the front:)
How many people entered? $110 is a really small prize for 1st place >_>

More results for me:

Reapers Game III: 3rd of 49
Lost to Sol (Snake) twice

**** it I hate losing to the same person twice in a tournament >_>
Sol's my crewmate though so I don't mind as much, and he went on to take 1st place too.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
3rd of 76. lost to a snake who committed suicide on the third match, and he died 1 second after me.
I won a PNT T-shirt that is waaaay too big :(

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
We're searching for a tourney? Seriously I did play in a tourney, but it was a school tourney and there were no ranks given so I don't know it my "school tourney" counts as an actual one. If it does just say so. xD

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Mabye my school tourney wasn't actually a real tourney, since no "real" rank was given other than 1st and 2nd, so really I probabily think our "school tourney" is not really a real tourney where everyone gets ranked. So probabily I'll just keep searching for an tourney that ranks people.

Sorry I got your hopes up.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
How you do or how you did? Either ways I can anwser that with confindence!

In my school tourney, there were basiclly 44 people and it was 1 vs 1 only, at we ended up having the matchup mixed and so it was once chance or elimanation to separate and get the matchups so they ended up with 8 people at the quarter finals. I just won once so that basiclly places me 22nd - 8th and it can go anywhere from there really. But I can say 21th - 8th technaccly since I defeated one of the participants on the same day that lost at the eighth finals.

I lost to a Wolf user since he just kept seprating us with Fsmash >.>

And I'm doing fine, just trying to find a tourney online or just in my Area, but there's none currently -.-

Rykard

Smash Ace
im not exactly sure about how many people were in the tournament i was in but i have heard an estimate so here it is

iGamestation 7/26
7th of 24
lost to Zro (dedede, kirby)
lost to Blackanese (G&W)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Hmm... so... tourny results? For a tourny I went to last weekend:

HOBO 8 at Planet Zero. Houston, Texas. (grr... chain grabs limited to 3 grabs here)
25th out of 88
I lost in the winner's bracket to Sethlon's Falco, and in the looser's bracket to Blue J's Ike.

And I went only ICs for that tourny :D

Nintendude

Smash Hero
ECRC #2: XII.E.S.T.I.C.L.E: 17th / 80
Lost to NinjaLink (Diddy Kong) and Pyronicstar (Olimar)

I took Chillin out of the winners bracket and then took NinjaLink to 3rd game last stock. NinjaLink went on to defeat Mew2King and he took Azen to game 5 last stock. The overall skill level of the tournament was incredible. It was pretty much impossible to seed correctly since everyone there was so freaking good.

lain

Smash Master
GYGO Monthlies #1
2nd out of 32
Lost to Viper (kirby) second round of winner's, then blew through all of loser's beating Viper and then losing to Anther (Pika) in grands.

UMDOW
2nd out of 13
Beat Anther 2-0 in winner's, then beat Bloo (METAKNIIIIGHTTT) 3-1 (#4 on AiB, #1 on gamebattles). Anther came back to beat me in two sets. : (

I've only started using IC's as my main, and I'm confident I'll continue to dominate the MW (sans Anther ><).

:colorful:

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Eh, why not.

Copy & pasted from the "recent tournaments" section on my AiB profile:

Oct 25: 7th of 67 in Singles at Quiznos presents Brawl IV
Oct 18: 9th of 102 in Brawl Singles at Race's Brawl Tournament V: Smashtoberfest
Sep 28: 2nd of 82 in Singles at QUIZNOS PRESENTS BRAWL III

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
just got back from my first tourney. my college was running a (small) tourney with a $25 gamestop gift card as a prize. i went in not even expecting to get past the first match.

i made it to the semifinals where i was killed by a very good sonic. i know, but he really was good.
Rules:
8 minute time limit
3 stock
no items
single elimination, best 2/3
Winner of the first game must keep their character while the loser can change theirs character and gets to counter pick the next stage (don't have the list)

Game 1: Round 1(sorry, no vids yet....)
Me: ICs
Guy: Falco
Stage: Smashville
Result: IC ****

Game 1: Round 2
Guy: Diddy
Stage: FD
Result: Monkey with hammer up its butt
(Audience Response: holy ****! did you just see that ice climber?)

Game 2: Round 1
Guy: Samus
Stage: Yoshi's Island
Result: ICs win (duh! :p)

Game 2: Round 2
Guy: Samus
Result: Pwnd super *****.
(Audience Responce: ****, that was INSANE!)

Game 3: Round 1
Guy: Sonic
Stage: BF
Result: Tied at time limit, went to SD. lost by and inch.

Game 3: Round 2
Guy: Sonic
Results: close match, but i wasn't fast enough....
(Audience Response: *to guy* alright man, you got him out, now its easy)

in all, not a bad first tourney. the guy i lost to has been playing in brawl tourneys since the game came out, so to keep up with him (and lead for most of the first match) i think it went well. we'll be having more tourneys throughout the year so i'll definitely be back. if i can get my hands on some vids i'll post them.

too bad nobody was filming the first matches though because i was ****** his ***... tried going for a grab too much in the last match. probably what went wrong....

lain

Smash Master
Chicago's All Smash
3rd out of 43
Lost to Anther in Winner's. Then lost to him again in loser's finals! >< I won the first two games, and then he came back on me. so sad : (

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I just won my school tourney today, I placed 1st out of 40 people and won $40 xD

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
this was awhile ago, but 9th out 18 at Cyber Arena in Gurnee (Gurney?), IL (my first real tourney!)

i lost to a G&W (rainbow cruise 0_o ) and a really good ZZS

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Victory at my first offline tourney :laugh:. I may have posted this in the Sonic boards, but I'll do so here too since they get half the points.

City Tech VGA Brawl tourney

$5 for members
$10 for outsiders

Top 3
1. BlueTerrorist (Sonic/ICs)
2. Jtails (G&W/Diddy?/Pikachu?)
3. Zro (Metaknight/Snake)

Gotta get the rest of the top 8. But this is the top 3 winners.

lain

Smash Master
I don't think this gets updated anymore. his last activity was like 2 weeks ago.

on a side note, i got 3rd at big canada tourney with Ally! I beat NOJ, KingAce, and Chaotic.

yayyyyy

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I don't think this gets updated anymore. his last activity was like 2 weeks ago.

on a side note, i got 3rd at big canada tourney with Ally! I beat NOJ, KingAce, and Chaotic.

yayyyyy
It's like I'm the only person active on the boards at times :(.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Not great, but I guess I'll mention it anyway.
I came in 25th out of about 53 at Hurricane Meta Knight playing Ice Climbers and Fox. Lost to a Mario, than an Olimar.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
I got 4th at Oh snap. There was 110 people and i got like 55 dollars for 4th.There was like 4 or 5 states that came i think and i went 26-0 in my pool.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the only reason we're all still posting here is to show off to each other.

Also, it's nice to see that Melee1 is back in action.

Top Bottom