• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Magnet?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I though of a combo that is similar to Raptor Boost+Dive/Hump. Basically, freeze a foe with PK Freeze, then start your PSI Magnet. Can someone check if that might do any extra damage?

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
I though of a combo that is similar to Raptor Boost+Dive/Hump. Basically, freeze a foe with PK Freeze, then start your PSI Magnet. Can someone check if that might do any extra damage?
I don't get it. I mean, sure, they'll fall in to the magnet. But that's not exactly your best choice. I'd imagine his up or down smash would be pretty insane. Especially as the downsmash would actually get all three hits off.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I mean, does the PSI magnet do more damage if you are frozen or if it is fully charaged???

BentoBox

Smash Master
I don't get what you mean... When you PKF someone, it usually sends them way up in the air... So you're suggesting to jump up to the frozen foe and flash a psi magnet? It's doable I guess but the few times lucas users have used pkF in vids, the foes would be sent too high up to allow any physical followup...

the best followup to a pk freeze would prolly be pk thunder...

edit: why would psi magnet deal more damage agaisnt frozen opponents? And what do you mean by fully charged? we're talking about down+b right?

Galeon

Smash Ace
It really isn't... I consider it just a fun attack. No reasonable person is going to get hit by a random PK Freeze from across the stage. Doesn't even make a good edgeguard. I mean, if you're that far from the opponent and you must hit them with a projectile instead of actually going over to them and hitting them with a good move, you could PK Thunder. Let's say you do actually hit them with it. I almost guarantee you it didn't kill them first of all (kills at like what? upwards of 160?), but if it did hit em, they probably just shake out of it before they hit the ground. If they don't shake out of it, then yay, free attack, I suppose.

I did almost kill someone with it at 0% in Teams though (froze off the side) . My partner went out and spiked him as he popped out (while he was in a bubble) so I cant say it woulda killed him but it might've.

Only use I found for it is using it on a P. Trainer who blatantly transforms in my face. So then he gets 20% and I don't have to diminish my smashes.

I have gotten random pk freezes off though when I predicted someone would jump at and aerial aggressively. But man, if you miss, you're gonna take it... hard.

Top Bottom