• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ICE- THE Ann Arbor, MI, aka RAPEVILLE

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
oh ori thats not a good excuse btw. Im sorry but youve been in this community for years, Id expect you to have an interest in bringing in new people so there can be more than like 18 people at a tourney. Hard countering and then beating him like that is just a **** move. Maybe its just because the kid lives in east lansing and is someone I want to be part of our community so im biased but I still think its unnecessary to just destroy him like that.

But whatever, i guess its more important to do good at a <20 person tourney then making a new friend -.-

That sounds really witty, until you realize that... You play MK, ***** when u don't enter tournaments with rulesets you don't like, ***** when you enter tournaments with rulesets you do like.... and during that like however long hiatus you took not be missed by the scene. (sun)

That being said good job beating Gio after however long of a hiatus that was you took, same to Marco getting 5th.

JTsm

Smash Master
Couple things:

1. Ori is money hungry and can't stop ******.
2. Tutu loves the word hiatus.
3. Rizk too good.
4. Pingas.

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
lol I didn't beat Gio, and I never said or expected anyone to miss me from the scene lol.

Also I don't think I've ever complained about a tourney I did enter, and the only time I did complain was when Ori almost banned mk at his tourney literally less then a week before.

like you just posted....

"THIS WAS THE MOST BORING THING EVER HOW DO YOU GUYS DO THIS WITHOUT BEING DRUNK"

I read that as a complaint, maybe not about the ruleset, or the way it was run, but about playing brawl in general.

I guess that to be fair you haven't *****ed about any specific tournament you haven't, but there was a good month of time after the MK ban was announced that you and Marco dedicated to "trolling." I put it in quotation marks because rather than trolling trolling it was closer to that of being an annoyance because something didn't go the way you wanted. I can't think of a fitting word.

and I never said or expected anyone to miss me from the scene lol.
neither did I. Then again that's also not something I need to worry about.

did Gio forfeit or get DQ'd? or is the bracket wrong?

I would have done the same thing to the fox player as Ori (besides the going ICs part)
had I met him in bracket... I don't go easy on new people just because they're new in a tournament set, if getting demolished at a tournament prevent shim from coming back, then he'd quit eventually anyway. I guess I'd try to help him and give him advice after the match tho. I think its insulting/more demoralizing to have someone go easy on you and win anyway

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
- learn his mus (snake has to play differently for certain mus like diddy snake ics d3 oli and others similar in knowing how to cg everyone with the ics almost all chars have a diff timing witht he cg) (in other words lrn the mus or else u gonna be like bizkit who lost to my gannon :V(even though gannon vs snake is only 60-40 snake imo))
Stop saying you beat me with Ganon, you didn't. Wifi doesn't count for anything. I'm easily undefeated in the MU offline having played Ganons like Verm who trump you in skill with that character and MU knowledge easily. And no, the MU is not 60-40. It's EASILY 70-30 when the Snake does it right (and not on wifi either where you can actually react to everything Ganon does).

Roller

Smash Legend
Bizkit, calm down. Nobody listens when he starts trying to brag. You're better. Nobody here thinks otherwise.

I kind of agree with tutu on the new player thing, obviously. Being unofficially titled "Noobslayer" and all..

Omniswell was in my pool at my first tourney. Game 1 he went wario, and absolutely ***** me without mercy, not to mention the fact he was **** talking the entire time. Game 2 he went jigglypuff or something and still won. I saw picking a character he would never use vs a better pikachu as way more of a slap in the face.

At the end of the day, every new player is going to get bodied eventually. Some people get upset and think that a technique like platform camping, tilt locking, CGing, dair camping, etc is stupid and unbeatable. And don't think they could enjoy playing a game like that. So they quit.

Other players think to themselves, DAMN. That guy ***** me. I need to beat him. Those are the players who become members of the community.

Best for the perspective player to know what they're getting into. Kind of like a weeding class.

That's just what I think tho.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Bizkit, calm down. Nobody listens when he starts trying to brag. You're better. Nobody here thinks otherwise.
Lulz, better wasn't what I was concerned with. Him throwing out losing to Ganon was, since I know I'd beat his Ganon offline easily (plus it was only 1 game on wifi too...in lag).

Roller

Smash Legend
Or **** them, then say,

"Wow! I didn't know you were that good! You really know what you're doing in that matchup!"-Zinoto (to everyone the first time he plays them, after what was in all likelihood a 2-3 stock)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
oh ori thats not a good excuse btw. Im sorry but youve been in this community for years, Id expect you to have an interest in bringing in new people so there can be more than like 18 people at a tourney. Hard countering and then beating him like that is just a **** move. Maybe its just because the kid lives in east lansing and is someone I want to be part of our community so im biased but I still think its unnecessary to just destroy him like that.

But whatever, i guess its more important to do good at a <20 person tourney then making a new friend -.-

I kind of agree with tutu on the new player thing, obviously. Being unofficially titled "Noobslayer" and all..

Omniswell was in my pool at my first tourney. Game 1 he went wario, and absolutely ***** me without mercy, not to mention the fact he was **** talking the entire time. Game 2 he went jigglypuff or something and still won. I saw picking a character he would never use vs a better pikachu as way more of a slap in the face.

At the end of the day, every new player is going to get bodied eventually. Some people get upset and think that a technique like platform camping, tilt locking, CGing, dair camping, etc is stupid and unbeatable. And don't think they could enjoy playing a game like that. So they quit.

Other players think to themselves, DAMN. That guy ***** me. I need to beat him. Those are the players who become members of the community.

Best for the perspective player to know what they're getting into. Kind of like a weeding class.

That's just what I think tho.
This is basically what I think. In response to you Marco :I

What's The Point

Smash Master
Never 3 stock a new player and never try.

Some people just like the game, or heaven forbid the community, and may have a bit of competitiveness. Very few people legitimately want to beat everyone.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm almost positive I didn't 3 stock him. I actually wouldn't let him counterpick my ICs to FD. I told him it was ICs best stage as a bit of advice.

I wish I could have played friendlies with Jay and Milk more but having 5 setups with tourney matches on every single tv throughout the course of singles made it impossible. From what I learned from talking with them, is that they had fun and wanted to comeback. Thats what they told me.

Also Roller Zyth and Ron went :dk2:/:metaknight: they lost whenever they went double :metaknight:

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I had fun while there, despite getting bodied in 2/3s of my matches.

Probably won't go to another tourney til summer.

PS. I'm seriously picking up Pokemon Trainer because he's my best character. Accepting all money matches against them now.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'll do friendlies/seriouslies vs your PT if you want. The mu

Sorry we had to give you a bottom seed btw, make sure to get there closer to the posted start time next time so you have a better shot. =/

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I don't mind, I couldn't make it any earlier because I had to go on a business trip to columbus with my madre, and didn't get back until the day of the tourney rather late in the day.

I was eager to go to a tourney and I knew I was going to be late, I went in knowing who I was probably going to face.

Thanks for letting me enter by the way

fZk

Smash Lord
It is clear that everybody plays the game for different reasons. Personally, I never cared about being "the best" or winning tournaments and this is reflected in the amount of time I put into the game, even going back to my time in Puerto Rico. I have never played WiFi, I almost never played by myself with computers or practiced tech skill on training mode or anything like that. This may also have to do with the fact that I've been in basically grad school since the game came out and in a long term relationship with somebody that hates this game and the fact that I play it. So basically, I play because I find it fun to play this game with friends that can play at a high level, but I've never cared much about tournaments themselves.

On the other hand, if you consider a player like Roller as an example, his goals are entirely different. He wants to be very good and be recognized for being good. Just over a year ago I had to try hard NOT to three stock him. Since that he's put an exorbitant amount of time and effort into this game and i clearly shows. Now he three stock me back in this tourney and I think he's only going to get better if he continues putting the time into it.

The point is that a lot of the disagreement and fights that go on here are because people have different reasons for playing the game and sometimes we fail to see the reasons of others.

LOE1

Smash Lord
darn, i would have gotten top 5 if i came.
oh well, i'll just have to do that at ps3

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
lol sk where u find that vid and who is the gannon XD dat fail side b though

and forgot so mention on wifi @ biuzkit must have forgot to type it

every time i post someone finds some error or something and gets salty :C

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
ppl could just not take what i say on an internet forum srsly which is always a solution

smashboards needs a chat room though cuz posting in forums and having to check back sux when u can just see them post in the chat room

Mr~C

Smash Apprentice
darn, i would have gotten top 5 if i came.
oh well, i'll just have to do that at ps3
you lie, everyone in losers would have 2 stocked you. *cough* ron or zyth too *cough* you dont even have MK Experience

Top Bottom