• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ichibancon 2010 - Charlotte, NC, 1/8 - 1/10/2010 MELEE JUST ANNOUNCED!!!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i actually dont think i can come to this anymore unless i get lots of money for christmas cuz I'm broke and I need any money I can get for Pound4 lol

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
Definitely coming to this, and yes the charlotte region needs more tourney love <3

But why single elimination instead of double elimination? Time constraints? You should be willing to change to double elim if the tourney size is small enough.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Smash Bros tournaments always have the highest turnout - I seriously doubt we'll have enough time for double elimination. HOWEVER, due to lack of size, our game room will be starting at 8pm and going until 2am on Friday, and from 8pm until the end of the con on Saturday, going into Sunday. We MAY have time for double elimination, but I'll have to check on that beforehand.

And the tournament will be on Saturday for Smash.

JoJo's, Tekken 6, Street Fighter 4 - Friday evening.
In The Groove 2 - Saturday morning.
Brawl, Naruto CONR3 - Saturday evening.
Rock Band - sometime on Saturday.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
I dunno when the ramen eating contest is. Sorry. =/

Actually, the schedule is still being made, but it looks like there's events on Friday, and a Finalists' round on Saturday.

Also, the game room has been confirmed as an all one room event, instead of the all-nighter like originally planned. I'll have more on times, soon.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
THIS JUST IN: MELEE WILL ALSO BE IN TOURNAMENT MODE AT ICHIBANCON, MIDNIGHT ON FRIDAY!!! LET EVERYONE KNOW SO WE CAN MAKE THIS HUGE!!!

caps...

BEHR

Smash Hero
I dont know I might go too much money just for a con maybe if i get a ride.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
I'm re-hyped for this, at first i thought only noobs and the people I knew already would show, but hopefully this will pull some of you Charlotte folks I have yet to meet ^ ^

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
I dunno when the ramen eating contest is. Sorry. =/

Actually, the schedule is still being made, but it looks like there's events on Friday, and a Finalists' round on Saturday.

Also, the game room has been confirmed as an all one room event, instead of the all-nighter like originally planned. I'll have more on times, soon.
See the last bolded item? Throw that **** right out the window. The schedule was changed on me AGAIN.

And it's looking like the game room won't be open until close to midnight the first night, which is when the Melee tourney is supposed to start. It won't open until 9pm on Saturday. Where the hell am I supposed to fit in a JoJo's, Tekken, Street Fighter, Rock Band, Naruto, and Brawl tournament with these starting times?!

This is frustrating - I can't wait to start running them ON MY OWN again. As soon as I find out more, I'll post it here.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
No... the GAME ROOM won't open until 9 on Saturday night. Which means I need to REDO my tourney schedule AGAIN.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
lol that means melee, brawl, sf4 tekken, jojos, blaz will all be after nine in one little room?

Cute.
No, apparently, Rock Band will be happening FIRST GOD**** THING ONCE THE CON OPENS, WHICH I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT.

Then, Melee, SF4, and Tekken will be Friday night.

ITG will be Saturday morning.

Brawl, JoJo's, and Naruto will be Saturday night.

Melee - Midnight
Tekken 6 - Midnight
Street Fighter 4 - 1AM

ITG - 10AM

Naruto - 11PM
Brawl - Midnight
JoJo's - 1AM

zCasanova

Smash Lord
NOT,

Since this is single-elimination, are you going to seed the brackets to keep us separated from the friends we come with?

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
I was going to use Tio and have it seperate people by region, so people in the same local area don't battle each other.

...But, considering I have 12 hours of game room each night, who knows? Maybe it'll be double elim.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Come on, I found out the schedule like two or three days beforehand. I have this feeling I'll figure out the prizes halfway through the tourneys. lol

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
No, apparently, Rock Band will be happening FIRST GOD**** THING ONCE THE CON OPENS, WHICH I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT.

Then, Melee, SF4, and Tekken will be Friday night.

ITG will be Saturday morning.

Brawl, JoJo's, and Naruto will be Saturday night.

Melee - Midnight
Tekken 6 - Midnight
Even if i was going, THAT right there would piss me off cause i'd wanna enter both.

Who do you main in Tekken?

I use the one with the HEADSPLOSION.
I main Bruce.

Top Bottom