• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Just so everyone around W. Idaho knows, I can now drive where I please, so if you wanna smash outside of the tournaments, maybe get some practice/advice, just hit me up.

Oh, and I forgot to record matches last tournament, so that could happen too.
I'd like to get some practice in. I need to play people who are better than me to practice.

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
w.idaho sees its fair share of tournaments but lacks in the general smashing department. if ppl wanna improve, we need to set up more frequent meetings where nothing but pride is at stake. ill always try to show up whenever and wherever possible. even OREGON, timmy. whoever wants to come over my place at boise (near bsu)or set something up at their own place, just pm me and ill send u my contact number. buzz, the only way i can make it down there is by hitching a ride with gnos. i dont have a reliable means of transportation.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
ill always try to show up whenever and wherever possible. even OREGON, timmy. whoever wants to come over my place at boise (near bsu)or set something up at their own place, just pm me and ill send u my contact number.
That's great, a lot of our local players would love to meet you guys at SF:E in July since they'd never have a chance otherwise.

I have some distant relatives in Idaho - I think the Boise area - so there's always the chance that I'll be able to visit you guys, too. :)

gnosis

Smash Lord
Felix, Knuttz, when are you guys free? I will come to you if need be, but we need to smash, lol. You both live in Boise now, right?

To any would be OOS visitors... well. I guess that just means I have to look into holding a bigger tournament some time to make it worth your while.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
gnosis, I'm available anytime after 5-5:30pm on weekdays. I actually don't have a memory card at the moment, unfound since my move, so if we do anything, either go or have someone come to my place, a memory card is needed. Good thing i use marth, (easy to get). I can come and go really anywhere also. Perfer not to in 5 o'clock traffic, but will if I have to.

If anyone else needs to practice I can pm a number. Maybe we can get a few group practice sessions in the boise (treasure valley area) every once in a while.

I'm editing my post guys, I made a new thread about a calendar. I didn't want to add this on here because the explanation is long, so here is the link.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=107073

gnosis

Smash Lord
Alright, so that Aug 4th tournament at Play'n'Trade - currently the site (<- link for those just skimming) says that it's going to be 4 person FFA.

I haven't been in the store to verify this, but if it is FFA, we should work on changing it to a more gentlemanly ruleset. Considering it is the business's option to even hold this tournament, let alone what the rules are, I certainly don't want to be rude about it (remember, we just want to make the current game more of a gentleman's sport, that is, 1v1 stock). One might say that FFAs, having four players, is much less time consuming, but this same store had a Gears of War tournament with 3 min rounds, best of 5, and double elimination.

Of course, that was 4v4, making 8 people a round, but still. I think there should be some format that is at least acceptable both to competition and time constraints.

With that in mind, perhaps if you go in to sign up you could ask about the rules, and if they are FFA, politely suggest 1v1, or go to their forums with a "I heard this was FFa, any chance of 1v1?" type post. Just don't do anything that would reflect poorly on Idaho smashers, please.

And before you do anything even politely, someone should probably verify that the current plan is FFA.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Aww man I was planning on no one finding out about the PlayNTrade one so I could actually win! HAHAH... yea jk but seriously my Sheik has gotten like way hell alot better, I can consistently beat Dach now. Namely I've gotten WAY better at SHFFLING and my tilts... So yea i plan to get 3rd or 4th fosho depending on who shows. It'd be cool if I could practice with some people in the mean time! Also yea we for sure need to band together and be like guys its not gonna be FFA! 1v1 all the way because FFA=Failure. BTW if it was anything like the caldwell one that would be good because they actually had that set up quite well.

Peace

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Hey Gnos BTW under my name put Luigi and Ganondorf under my mains... I know its weird but i have been picking up with these two and am nearing as good as my sheik so basically my mains = Sheik/Ganondorf/Luigi

KTHXBYE

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Added the play n trade to the boise smash tourney calendar. I'm trying it out for a month or so. If there isn't too much activitiy, this thread should be just fine and we shouldn't need a calendar. Just email boise.smash@gmail.com if anyone wants to add anything, or PM me if you want to help add things also.

I'd like to play you again scarykid :). See how far we've gotten from the last tourney. I've gotten a little better too. Especially with l-cancelling, i can short hop when i want about 95% of the time, and wavedash about 95% of the time, my l-cancel then jump is timed pretty well, and my spacing is better. (I still tend to leave my self open way too much though, but that is lack of human practice.) I also figured out short hop the double fair...if that is a big deal at all...i guess to some it is....

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Gnos and Knuttz Evan and I (Gnos you may remember him from your first tourny) are planning on smashing sometime this week at his place so you guys may be able to come but I'd have to check with him first.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Alright, just give us the heads up, scarykid.

Is he the one that had to hurry and leave early?

Also, Knuttz, I forgot but I'll add that calendar to the LoI section.

Edit: Actually I asked a question in there, and I'll wait til you answer it before updating the link(s).

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Yea I will its looking like maybe wednesday... Yea he was the one who had to leave early.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Alright, just give us the heads up, scarykid.

Is he the one that had to hurry and leave early?

Also, Knuttz, I forgot but I'll add that calendar to the LoI section.

Edit: Actually I asked a question in there, and I'll wait til you answer it before updating the link(s).
Gnosis, I think I answered your question. I combined the calendars to one calendar. If you want to post any links you can, and If you want, I can give you the password to the boise.smash@gmail.com also so you can add entries if you wish. But enough about the calendar in this thread...its saved for the other one.

I've decided since I missed Wednesday I can do a smashfest either tonight (Thursday) or Friday at MY place. I had something friday, but I'm doing it saturday instead. Anyone can call me in the day and I can give directions. Sorry for the short notice. Anytime After 5pm is a great time for me. Let me know on a good day everyone.

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
FFA?!?!! **** thats gay, it better change to 1 vs 1 otherwise itll be a waste of store credit :laugh: i always get screwed in multiplayer matches, mainly cause i have serious eyesight issues and the camera tends to be zoomed further out. gnos and knutz, we should do that again, perhaps when the sun has gone down this time lol? sorry again about the heat fellas. in either case, lemme know if we should meet elsewhere this time.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
FFA?!?!! **** thats gay, it better change to 1 vs 1 otherwise itll be a waste of store credit :laugh: i always get screwed in multiplayer matches, mainly cause i have serious eyesight issues and the camera tends to be zoomed further out. gnos and knutz, we should do that again, perhaps when the sun has gone down this time lol? sorry again about the heat fellas. in either case, lemme know if we should meet elsewhere this time.
well hell, when the sun is up...just come to my house. Its right around the corner!!! I'll turn on our little ac, it helps a little!!! :) If you guys want, we can do something tonight, call me at 5-6 And I can give directions. I'm free because my cabin trip was moved to sat.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Alright Idaho, some of us are going to Oregon at the end of this month. That means we need as much practice as possible. We'll be holding another tournament before then, so look out for that.

However, aside from that, The Chancellor and I will be willing to smash with whoever whenever. Scarykid, felix, knuttz, etc. Tell us when you're free or we will pester you with phone calls.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Yea so basically we DO need to practice badly... Um so yea there is one little problem though.
Its getting harder for me to convince my parents to let me go to some random 19 year olds house to play video games. I've tried to explain it to her a MILLION times but she doesnt understand and thinks I am going to get ***** and exposed to Pronz.

Thusly we really need to find some sort of a venue. I know this is weird and seems a little far fetched but we could ask a smaller gaming store if we could crash there every once in a while for our practice. I'm sure we could find one that would be willing because we could just say...
"hey it'll bring lots of people in the door and get your store more popular and known"

Yea so those are my thoughts and concerns I'm way sorry for the inconvenience! Also has anyone done anything about seeing if the Play'NTrade Tourney is FFA and if so fixing that?

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Yea so basically we DO need to practice badly... Um so yea there is one little problem though.
Its getting harder for me to convince my parents to let me go to some random 19 year olds house to play video games. I've tried to explain it to her a MILLION times but she doesnt understand and thinks I am going to get ***** and exposed to Pronz.

Thusly we really need to find some sort of a venue. I know this is weird and seems a little far fetched but we could ask a smaller gaming store if we could crash there every once in a while for our practice. I'm sure we could find one that would be willing because we could just say...
"hey it'll bring lots of people in the door and get your store more popular and known"

Yea so those are my thoughts and concerns I'm way sorry for the inconvenience! Also has anyone done anything about seeing if the Play'NTrade Tourney is FFA and if so fixing that?
Gotta love moms like that. Try convincing her trying to go to some 21 (me) year olds house. ha ha. Some wired non smash advice, if she actually met the host of the house, would she feel better. If I threw anything, I would be more than happy to meet anyone's moms who need it. (thats the way my mom was when I was younger :) ) Try and see if she bites on that...
But as gnosis says, shoot me a pm or give me a call and If Im free, I'll practice with anyone.
If anyone wants their practice to be larger, or want some advertisement, don't forget boise.smash@gmail.com and the idaho calendar in the google calendar guys. (sorry, keep pushing it, hopefully sparks some interest)
On the venue thing, It would be good, but not great, (nothing that a large living room couldn't do ), but I'm not sure what store owners would do though? The closest venue that may be free AND large enough could be the BSU student union building. Infinity entertainment could be good size too...the play'n'trades wouldn't be large enough unless other tv's were taken up. (would be a great place to start).

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
That MIGHT help but i dont know my mom is WAY protective. I'm just saying if I personally am gonna be able to make practices its gonna have to be at a set venue like a gaming store not some ones house

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Hey, it's me again if any of you remember me. I am in Idaho now, so if any of you are holding a tournament near Moscow within the next few days(as in 3) then I will probably be able to make it.

T0MMY

Smash Master
It's funny how so many people come to this thread just to tell the Idaho people to come play them.
Oregon should get a carpool going over there sometime as long as we get potatoes in return.
But, yeah, gotta tell all of you to come to SF:E as well. LOLz. And while you're at it, get yourselves to OC3.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
if you do, I'll throw in the potatoes! Maybe We will go to the fields and pick them ourselves! yeeeee haaaaaah!

P.S. I was thinking of having some kind of smashfest this weekend ...what do you guys think

gnosis

Smash Lord
Brandon I approve of that smashfest. Chancellor has a camcorder now, so I don't have to lug my DVD'r around to record matches. We recorded some Ness v. Fox matches at 6 in the morning :D.

And I'm always willing to travel OOS, but people coming here is always nice. I can usually provide housing at a clean and hospitable domicile, too.

I think it's a little too late to catch OC3, though. :/

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Brandon I approve of that smashfest. Chancellor has a camcorder now, so I don't have to lug my DVD'r around to record matches. We recorded some Ness v. Fox matches at 6 in the morning :D.

And I'm always willing to travel OOS, but people coming here is always nice. I can usually provide housing at a clean and hospitable domicile, too.

I think it's a little too late to catch OC3, though. :/
Where do you think then g-nos, your place, my place, friday saturday? pm me and we'll organize something, especially if we can get a good turnout! :)

gnosis

Smash Lord
I reside in Marsing,ID and im hoping to test my falco vs. others i guess...
Are you able to drive?

So, does anyone want to smash within the next day or two? I'm only 13 so I can't drive but my uncle would probably take me.
Moscow is probably too far for most 'active' Idahoans. Although I think I remember someone from Moscow... maybe you'll get lucky.

Where do you think then g-nos, your place, my place, friday saturday? pm me and we'll organize something, especially if we can get a good turnout! :)
Yeah, could get a few people probably. Location might depend on who all is coming. I'll PM you when I have more info.

artifice

Smash Ace
far less people, far far more spread out.

I think there is worse states as far as being active goes.

like montana!

gnosis

Smash Lord
Artifice is correct. But Idaho is becoming more active with time. Right now I'd say it's more active (at least w.idaho) than it has been in the past, as far as smash goes.

Top Bottom