• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Hey Alchemist, you still in touch with Knuttz?

I really want to know who is still "active" in our region.

Now I know we're all quite busy with our lives, so I'm not going to come here and request a tournament out of the blue.

However, I'd like to let people know that since I'm working 12-8am, it's a bit tough to show up to anything, or have people over. If anything happens in the following months, DO tell me, especially ahead of time.

I recently got my hands on Project M, and it honestly made me realize why I like Melee lol
It's a great mod, nonetheless, In my opinion, they're focusing too much on the offense, and breaking the recoveries for some characters. leaving them with limited options.
Dreamland remake? sold.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
Churro, my hero. i work 11pm to 7am! lol.

and sorry, no. I'm not in touch with him anymore. Tate came through my workplace bout 2 weeks ago and i chatted him up. He said they just don't play anymore, and are usually doing work and family stuff.

Consider me... active for REAL events and people that actually give a **** about the game.
Showing up to a week advance post to a smash-fest at Seth's ALONE was a serious breaking point in my efforts to support this community. save your excuses. but thank you Seth for wanting to host.

highfive

Smash Lord
Anyone attending CSI next year? So far only me in Buhl and another smasher from Jerome will be attending. Anyone interested in smashing a bit next year hit me up.

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
So... I just got a car, and soon I'll be able to drive it. When that happens, I'll try to be active again. Also, gonna try to make it to the Magic Dragon tourney.

Also, just noticed you guys also work crappy shifts. I work 10 pm-7am.

DrizzitDudden

Smash Rookie
I would love to be active, but here in Rexburg there are not many people that I know of. All my friends play, but not competitively and are always so butthurt when I win. :c

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Dude, Drizzit, I've tried several times to get back with you. You want some real competition? Let's play this weekend. Seriously!

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
We could smash in the mornings at my house, but my roomies sleep until like noon, so we'd have to be kinda quiet.
I live near Ustick/Maple Grove, so yeah...

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
BLAST IT ALL! He shows up, posts, and leaves never to be seen again.

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
todays tourney was really fun haha, it was really nice seeing all you guys again xD
nostalgic.

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
Where in Idaho do you live bro?

Oh, and I totally forgot about this thread, hows it going S. Idaho guys? Its been a while lol.

PS if any randoms from N. Idaho happen to be lurking look at this: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10867
its definitely been ages, years for me actually haha.. but it's been really refreshing to play again, especially with the old crew :)
the way it seems from the tournament, a few of us really want to revive the melee community, so i'm pretty excited to see what we can do.
not to mention many of the people in the tourney got a LOT better (even though you guys say you didnt haha).

how's north idaho doing?

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I don't know how N. Idaho has been going actually, I've been in Maryland playing with the big kids this semester. I'm hosting that christmas reunion tourney like 3 days after I get back LOL.

What would it take for S. Idaho to come up and play melee/brawl with us sometime? Housing? Food provided? No venue fees? Though I do realize 8 hours is way to long to drive to come to 20 person tournaments, no matter what the perks :(

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
I don't know how N. Idaho has been going actually, I've been in Maryland playing with the big kids this semester. I'm hosting that christmas reunion tourney like 3 days after I get back LOL.

What would it take for S. Idaho to come up and play melee/brawl with us sometime? Housing? Food provided? No venue fees? Though I do realize 8 hours is way to long to drive to come to 20 person tournaments, no matter what the perks :(
that actually sounds amazing. I would love to play with fellow idahoans, i also need experience playing new people xD

The only problem that is in the way is my Med school, which takes up most of my time... so if it doesn't work out, perhaps another time, or maybe meet down here :D

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
I've done it. long drive, but i had fun through the mountains. Depending on when it is i can probably think about setting up a drive. Considering i can get to Lewiston on 1 tank of gas, it won't be a terrible wallet buster if i take people. But for the reimbursement of that, housing, snacks, and no venue fee feels acceptable to me.

:yoshi:

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I said in my post I would provide housing lol. But yeah Moscow is only a tad further than lewiston so it would probably be like 15 in gas each if you have a car of 4 or 5. But like I said, if you guys want to come I'll make sure to set everything up and keep you fed/give you a place to sleep.

When I start planning my next one I'll make sure to post here and if you guys still show interest we can talk about the date, etc. Realistically if you guys brought a carpool we might be able to break 30 players, that would be hot **** for an Idaho tournament.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I said in my post I would provide housing lol. But yeah Moscow is only a tad further than lewiston so it would probably be like 15 in gas each if you have a car of 4 or 5. But like I said, if you guys want to come I'll make sure to set everything up and keep you fed/give you a place to sleep.

When I start planning my next one I'll make sure to post here and if you guys still show interest we can talk about the date, etc. Realistically if you guys brought a carpool we might be able to break 30 players, that would be hot **** for an Idaho tournament.
That would be BADASS... however, the fact that Las Vegas and Moscow are about the same distance from my town discourages me greatly.

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
So, is anyone else interested in a Smashfest on Sunday? If anyone is, text me, and I'll give directions and such. 570-2012. I never answer calls.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Yeah he moved. And static are you interested in getting into the tourney scene? I'm hosting a tourney in moscow next week and I can probably hook you up with a ride from CDA if you wanna go.

St4ticFir3

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'm planning on going. The one on Tuesday? I'll probably be bringing 4-6 people with me.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm planning on going. The one on Tuesday? I'll probably be bringing 4-6 people with me.
WHERE HAVE YOU AND YOUR 4-6 PEOPLE BEEN THE LAST 2 YEARS LKAJDSFLK;ASFKL;JAD

Oh, and make sure everyone knows its a gift exchange tourney. Melee singles and brawl dubs will be $5 entry but for brawl singles just bring a $10-15 gift. First place gets to pick from the gifts first, second gets 2nd pick, and so on. Hope to see you guys there!

If you have any questions my info is on the AiB page.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
gift exchange tourney lol thats probably the cutest thing ive heard in a while. Gotta start somewhere though idaho! WoOoOooooo!

Top Bottom