• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
I wont be able to bring my tentative set-up. However, I will be there and am anticipating it highly! Churro, I may just take you up on that offer to come at 5... Is that still viable?

Churro

Smash Journeyman
More announcements!!

Correction on doubles, it's $5 PER TEAM

You are free to come in at 5:30pm at the earliest for friendlies and such/helping me decide where to set tvs.

Unfortunately, I don't have salsa anymore, but I do have this 5 pound bag of tortilla chips :p
Also, no drinks no more =/ sorry, they were taken for a work gathering. I can provide all the water you can drink though :)

I've got tio ready, but will add anyone I haven't already, I added everyone that showed interest/announced to attend.

that's all for now, see you guys here, and good luck to all you :)

I'm ready.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I couldn't make it. I've missed like the past 3 tournies all for stupid reasons. I need to hold the next one sometime, that way I won't have to miss it...... but I don't see that happening anytime soon however. How'd the recording go? I want to see it.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Thank you all for coming guys, 14 attendance is a start. I would like to turn G.I. Joe into a series, and several WA/OR players (both Melee and Brawl) are still showing interest in coming down here if I really get something organized. I've got my eyes out on cheap/nice venues. This was my amateur start as a tournament host, and I think I could really make something big. Don't think I'm getting a little too ahead of time with plans, this will be planned months ahead of time. Just letting you know what my plan is, and I hope you all support it :)

As for tournament matches, I will be encoding them for most of tomorrow (no school), and uploading, but I suggest you give me about a week or two to really get videos up and processed.

Turtlehoop, would you mind if I upload a few of your Street Fighter IV matches? Want copies to upload yourself on your account? It's all about 4.7GB, but once they're encoded, they should drop to about 1.3GB total.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
That'd be awesome if they got uploaded, and sure, copies for my account would be cool as well. I'd actually like to download them, if possible, so I could show my roommate and work with what I need to improve on.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Good job churro!!!!!!

http://www.ksbe.edu/

btw....i wouldn't mess with these kids...
Thanks, and I wouldn't mess with them neither, but... it doesn't make a bit of difference guys, Dende's gone remember? The balls are inert <_<

That'd be awesome if they got uploaded, and sure, copies for my account would be cool as well. I'd actually like to download them, if possible, so I could show my roommate and work with what I need to improve on.
Well, if you plan on uploading them to youtube, I'll just upload onto megaupload and give you them so you can keep yourself, and upload on your own account. I'll make a quick montage and link to your channel. ;)

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Blehh I was not happy with my performance in either tournament. Oh well, expect for me to just put forth a lot of effort in improving from now on. Wouldnt like to see something like that again at a rankings tournament 0_0

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure it'd be safe to say and decide on rankings based on OOS and any tournament between March 09 right now, but another definitive rankings tournament solely based for PR should make deciding factors.

I know I made quite a bit of stupid decisions such as staying Mario against Jiggz on Jungle Japes, and going Marth despite working on Falco and Jiggz all week, at least I know I will do better next time, I'll still play Mario if I see fit. :)

As for Brawl, I'm taking first next time ;)

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Melee 1v1

1: Knuttz
2: QraQ
3: ThunderCow
4: Turtlehoop
5: Churro
5: Rabidjackal

Melee 2v2

1: KnuttQraQer
2: Team Thundercats
3: Churro & Tate
4: Low Tier Win

Brawl 1v1

1: Rabidjackal
2: DarkX
3: Meo
4: Mecakoto
5: Churro
5: Scarykid

We didn't end up doing Brawl 2v2, but we had a couple doubles matches, then at the end, did loser out rotation in Brawl+, Rabidjackal and his Falcon lasted pretty **** long XD

Churro

Smash Journeyman
The videos, surprisingly enough, are less than 10:59, which means I can just upload each set without the need to split. I'll still need to encode them. There was only two videos longer than that, so those I will split by match (Tate vs. Rabidjackal & Knuttz vs. QraQ Winner's Finals)

Splitting won't be a problem anymore as I figured out how to get my *****y codecs to accept Windows Movie Maker split files that are in WMV format.

Tate, Anri-chan kinda messed up the coding for SUPER, so I uninstalled. I won't be needing it anymore, but if you do end up finishing your program, I'd be glad to give it a try.

Churro

Smash Journeyman

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Its amazing how much easier going people are about the videos now. I remember brandon ryan and dom getting on my back for not having them up by the next day. You got it easy churro. As for anri-chan screwing up the coding, i highly doubt anri screwed it up because it is a very solid program while super is very very buggy especially with x264 encoded video which anri outputs. super is actually one of the worst programs to use if you want consistent encode quality because of how it goes about doing stuff. I will work out the bugs in my program and create a easy to use user interface for you so if there is something you want it to do a certain way we can work together on this to make it easier for you.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, give me a week or two to get them up and processed.

Tate, it's so true that SUPER is a bit off, it hardly ever accepts any settings, or like, as of now, it stopped taking in wmv to mp4, and so I'll be making them flv now. Only the splitted, if I don't like it, I'll see what I can do.

The rest of the sets, I'm slowly turning into wmv to drastically reduce size, this does not mean I have it easy uploading on youtube, I have a 62% signal strength, and it quickly suffers if someone's downloading/streaming anything. If I had a Wireless N router, it'd be way better, since I have a Wireless N adapter that isn't being used to its true potential with the Wireless G router I have. life is just sigh duck -___-

I begin uploading once I get back from school tomorrow.

Knuttz, if you're asking where the videos will be uploaded, here's my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChurroEmiliano

knuttz45

Smash Ace
videos churro? um...yeah...we needed those Yesterday....and yeah...i need to talk to you about your tps reports...

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I'm so mad at Cable One right now :mad:

ok, so I was uploading Winner's Finals, yesterday around 4:30pm, 2 minutes left for one of the videos to be done, and then my connection f*cks up, at this point, I was already mad, but get this, we were charged for copyright claims that violated their terms of agreement....
for a movie my bro-in-law downloaded through torrent method (mind you, it was a movie he had already watched, and old as ****, Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift) I decided to wait it out, tried every method possible to fix it, messed with router settings via IP sign in, and even directly connected modem to PC by way of ethernet cable. Nothing worked, so I get back from school and talk to my brother about it, apparently, they had also banned his connection 2 days ago, and had to call in, so I call in, get everything handled, and now I'm back.
so stupid.

I'll be re-uploading the matches again, sorry guys, bair with me, but shine first :p

Knuttz, TPS reports? I'm interested, what's that? btw, you should come over!!, I didn't get much recorded of myself, just a tourney set against Scarykid, and 2 doubles matches. Actually, anyone that wants to come over to record some 1v1 friendlies/combo video footage, LEXZDOIT :) IDAHO NEEDS COMBO VIDEOS, or for brawl, highlights videos. :p

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Churro...um, yeah....I'm going to need to come in on Sunday. Thanks........
Are you serious? I really can't tell if you're joking XD

Zach 4 stocking QraQ should be the first video uploaded.

WORD

I just saw the first video you got up. Quality looks really good.
I'll be uploading Tournament first, friendlies later =/

Here's Knuttz vs. QraQ Winner's Finals (which were only played best 2 of 3)
1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2WcUNfVPwU
2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXVuSBfvpWM
3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry6waoAAYQc
(I decided to upload first because they never played Grand Finals, or wasn't recorded)

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Lol, Churro.
I was acting like Lumberg from The Office, just like Knuttz was:
LMAO, I sensed it, but for a second, I really thought you were willing to drive down lol

OK, so I'll be uploading much more today, go to my channel, subscribe, watch videos :)
I'll most likely just update the list here once I have everything uploaded

OH Turtlehoop, I forgot to tell you guys when playing SFIV to switch to 16:9 (if possible, idk much Xbox circle stuff :p) so if I were to made widescreen, it'd only be stretched like the melee uploads (They weren't completely stretched out because the Gamecube is weird and won't record entirely, which means the melee vids have a small side bar left caused by Gamecube). Would you like 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio on SFIV?

Top Bottom