• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Knuttz is implying why we, the Idaho Smash Community, shouldn't be caring about EVO and other fighting games as a whole.

I'm getting TvC right now, so I'll edit with friend code if any of you guys want to give this a try.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
TvC is a fighting game for the Wii, it just came out. Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom Ultimate All-Stars.
So you should probably go get it, cause its super awesome fun. Except the arcade end boss is freaking ridiculous in some of its forms.

@Churro, Ill get my FC too. Online is good so far though, its a whole lot better than Brawl's. Unfortunately the waiting times for ranked matches can be a bit lengthy, but its not over 5 minutes. Usually 2-3 minutes.

My TvC code
2450-6066-1787

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Aight, I'll add you Churro. I probably wont get online til I finish unlocking every character. Just need to unlock the last Capcom character and then the final character for beating the game with all the unlocked characters.

On the topic of smash, Play N Trade said a couple weeks back that they were going to have a SSB tourney (both melee and brawl), but as of when, I dunno, cause I just went in there to buy TvC and I didn't see sign ups or anything yet. Keep on the look out for one.

QraQ

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Knuttz is implying why we, the Idaho Smash Community, shouldn't be caring about EVO and other fighting games as a whole.

I'm getting TvC right now, so I'll edit with friend code if any of you guys want to give this a try.
OR he's just being a douche....as always

Btw Churro work out all the specifics for Feb 12th IE Housing, number of people going, accessories etc.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
OR he's just being a douche....as always

Btw Churro work out all the specifics for Feb 12th IE Housing, number of people going, accessories etc.
Wait, what is this? Is there a tourney on the 12th? >_< I hate conflicts, but there haven't been any local smash events lately, so I might ditch my original plans...:mad::urg::(

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Oh good, I wouldn't be going anyways. Speaking of which, someone should host a Melee/Brawl/TvC tourney sometime soon. We have to include TvC cause its new and everyone likes it....right? :D

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Brawl sucks brawl sucks brawl sucks brawl sucks brawl sucks brawl sucks brawl sucks.

Secret Flame Shield On.....Oh wait, we all hate brawl.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I suck at brawl I suck at brawl I suck at brawl I suck at brawl I suck at brawl I suck at brawl I suck at brawl.

Secret Flame Shield On.....Oh wait, we all suck at brawl.
I couldn't agree more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfTzqtqUhBI

soooo.....TvC, I pick it up today, like actually putting thought into gameplay, and I magically know how to actually play this now, despite having the japanese version since it came out last year and playing like crap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TEhxtj7GF4

I'm down for some TvC.

let me know who you guys play.

I guess I'll start, Ryu/Ken the Eagle/Casshan/Ippatsuman, I've yet to unlock Zero, but I might be interested.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
Well i have to say that brawl+ teams are actually fun. everything else is pretty lame, but melee is always fun and exciting.
and tiers are for queers. :ness:
maybe seth can hold something, he's got a nice place.

Huitzilopochtli

Smash Rookie
I would but I think I should probably not make too much noise for a while at least since I'm in a bit of trouble with housing and security and stuff haha. And unfortunately quiet hours are at like 9 or some bs. Maybe I'll try to see if Ty could host something.

TCow

Smash Rookie
@ Qraq, Knuttz, and Churro:
I wanna go to tourney play, but i need info for my parents :/ Can you guys tell me what's going down if there's room for me?

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Just letting you guys know, I do plan on hosting another smashfest (maybe tourney?) either the 20th or 27th (Saturdays) in my garage. The weather has been getting better, so it would be no problem, and we'd have plenty of space.

Some more TP4 info:

We're going in Knuttz' ride (I don't think I told you TCow)
We are leaving Friday, don't really know when, but QraQ was unable to get Friday off, I'm guessing around 5 or 6pm or we can leave around 8-9 and get there first like GENESIS and TP3 LOL unless we got housing already (Knuttz?)

VENUE:
SEATTLE CENTER - Lopez/Orca Room
Address: 1st Ave N & Republican St
Seattle, Washington, United States
Notes: These rooms are at Republican St & 1st Ave N. NW corner of Key Arena. Parking at 1st Ave N garage or 2nd Ave N Garage (2nd Ave one is closer to venue, but smaller)

I'm unable to print some directions, so Knuttz, if you can, that'd be good.

Saturday will be our much needed friendlies day as Melee starts Sunday.

Rules:
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=128321

Entry/Registration fees:
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=133092

http://www.tourneyplay.net/ to preregister

We have about 29 hours to preregister from when I post this, I highly recommend it, instant $10 off if you're joining Melee 1v1, and it'd be easier to sign in through the system as they already will have your name and events paid.

I think that's about it for now.

Let me know if you have any questions, or want to discuss anything.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest will most likely turn into a tournament, 2-3 weeks from now.

Anyone unhappy with their rank? no rank? This is the time to step it up. TRY to go OOS, Eagle Crew, you can do it, it would be cool to have 2 carpools going somewhere at once.
OOS is greatly compared to Local.

I want everyone motivated, and you top 5, I better see you make a statement.

Same for Brawl, Rabidjackal, I'm taking that spot in 3 months. :)

I'm hoping TP4 plays a great part in the next PR update.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
The main issue with OoS for me is money, too. I'd go in a heartbeat if I had the extra funds.

Also, now that I'm on the power rankings for something that semi-matters for me, I'm going to step it up a bit more. I'm really not happy with 5, especially when I KNOW I'm better then that.

That being said, I'm up for practicing Brawl on a competitive level. I really need to broaden my pool. Playing the same 1-4 person/people is hindering me, not to mention we mostly play Brawl+ or a non-smash game these days. Just tell me a week or so in advance so I can adjust my budget. I know there has to be SOMEONE else still interested.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Well, looks promising, I'm glad you guys are interested.

..and I hear you on travel budget. I barely made it to TP4, because I wasn't planning on going 2 weeks ago, had already used up all savings for sudden expenses, but if you plan this at least a month before, you should have enough.

I had a super fun weekend in Seattle and don't regret it. Had a great time commentating for the livestream, and just the overall trip in general was too good. I've also learned a lot more while practicing with all the top players and I know exactly what I need to work on.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
I hate working on my homework. What if school had a tech skill class....I wouldn't mind doing that homework.

Top Bottom