• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If a Metroid Bounty Hunter HAD to be in...

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
If there was going to be one of the Hunters from Prime HUnters and you couldn't stop it, which would you pick?

If you have never played or looked the game up on wikipedia, here are the choices:

SYLUX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatu...roid_Prime_Hunters,_and_Metroid_Prime_3#Sylux
Possible moves:
U-B LockJaw. Sylux becomes the lock jaw and hovers upward.
D-B Trip mine. Sylux lays a mine, when he lays a second one, a trip wire is created that will detonate both mines if anyone walks through it. If he lays a third, they all detonate.
Pros:
-I've heard he had a bigger part in the story than the other hunters
-Complicated and creative Mine ability
Cons:
-Boring old Human
-Looks like Male Samus.

TRACE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatu...roid_Prime_Hunters,_and_Metroid_Prime_3#Trace
and an image
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Trace_metroid.jpg
Possible Moves:
N-B When Trace holds b and is standing still, he will become partially invisible. He cannot move or attack at all as long as he remains invisible.
S-B Trace Cycles through opponents with every smash after the initial one. Provided there isn't part of a stage between trace and the opponent, he can target them and fire a powerful shot. Long cooldown and takes a while to aim, though.
Pros:
-Nifty Alien
Cons:
-Could be insanely cheap if not gimped properly.

SPIRE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatu...roid_Prime_Hunters,_and_Metroid_Prime_3#Spire
Possible Moves:
D-B Dialanche: Spire rolls around as a spike ball that can scale walls.
U-B Satellites. Spire becomes the Dialanche and spins two lrage rocks around him, gaining height.
Pros:
-Rock based characters a rarity in Smash
-Wall scalling unheard of at this point.
Cons:
-Up-b a similar to Bowser's
-May become similar to Bowser in many ways.

KANDEN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatu...oid_Prime_Hunters,_and_Metroid_Prime_3#Kanden
Possible Moves:
(shrug)
Pros:
-I think he's kinda bad*ss.
Cons:
-Not too terribly original.

NOXUS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatu...roid_Prime_Hunters,_and_Metroid_Prime_3#Noxus
Possible Moves.
N-B Juradicator: Ricocheting Ice beam.
U-B Vhoscythe. Top with blades..
Pros:
-Juradicator
Cons:
-Vhoscythe

WEAVEL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatu...oid_Prime_Hunters,_and_Metroid_Prime_3#Weavel
Possible Moves:
D-B Halfturret- Weavel's upper body walks around on it's hands while his lower body attacks at random. His moves will be gimped like an popo without Nana, at least his U-B will be.
Pros:
-Space Pirates are Samus' archenemy, and he's the only Space Pirate Character.
-Halfturret is nifty
Cons:.
-There aren't many original moves for him other than the halfturret.

Ther are also going to be soem new Hunters in Corruption that might be considered. HEre they are:

RUNDUS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MP3C_IBH.jpg
PHAZON LADY
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Bounty_Hunter_Purple.PNG
ANOTHER ONE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Robo_Bounty_Hunter.PNG

Discuss.

ColonelAlloy

Smash Rookie
Kanden has plenty of moves available to him.

His morph mode is capable of launching homing stingers. I think this would operate like Pikachu's bolt that travels along the ground.

He also has the best weapon (aside from Trace). It has rapid fire and is capable of vision distortion. How this would translate into play I don't particularly know, but it's cool nonetheless.

Even with that in mind though, I think Sylux would be the best choice. SSBB needs more villains, and anyone that's played Hunters should know Spire and Noxus, while not on your side, aren't villains.

Plus Sylux could have a move where he uses the Shock Coil, damaging opponents and healing himself.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Exellent amount of information! I am not too familiar with the series, and it helped alot with becoming familiar.

-SMB

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Kanden has plenty of moves available to him.

His morph mode is capable of launching homing stingers. I think this would operate like Pikachu's bolt that travels along the ground.

He also has the best weapon (aside from Trace). It has rapid fire and is capable of vision distortion. How this would translate into play I don't particularly know, but it's cool nonetheless.

Even with that in mind though, I think Sylux would be the best choice. SSBB needs more villains, and anyone that's played Hunters should know Spire and Noxus, while not on your side, aren't villains.

Plus Sylux could have a move where he uses the Shock Coil, damaging opponents and healing himself.

I probably should have said that I can't think of much he can do hat isn't done by a character already. His Vision distortion thing is neat, but IT is nearly impossible to incorporate into gameplay. Maybe Static localized to that persons area by going diagonally...

ColonelAlloy

Smash Rookie
Hmm. Trace is good and all, but he is the most broken character in the game. Plus making his Imperialist into anything but a super move is just wrong =P. Although his forward B could be some sort of Triskelion leap, and that would be cool.

I still think Sylux is the best choice. He's the only character where you see their ship, and his triangulation mines are really neat. Plus he has the coolest intro (killing GF troopers FTW).

Spire is a bit bulky, but I don't think he'd have to become a Bowser clone. He can utilize the Dialanche for a couple moves, and for his Forward B he could launch a magmaul blast, which would leave a couple seconds of residual flame on the ground (or on an enemy if it hits).

Kanden I can't see working, you're right. He's cool, though >_>.

I don't think anyone wants Weavel. People would think he's Nintendo's answer to Master Chief, and plus... Weavel was awful in Hunters. His turret, while cool, is dead almost as soon as it's deployed. In addition, Weavel's affinity weapon (the battlehammer) was by far the weakest weapon in the game, and Weavel's affinity only gave it moderate splash damage (compare to every other character's affinity, which makes their weapon godly).

Noxus is actually the most likely, IMO. If you've seen the Metroid Prime 3 trailer, you've seen Rhundus. Notice any similarities? They're both Vhozons. Noxus has a great Down B move (his freeze ray), a good forward B (using the Judicator), a good Up B (maybe him spinning as a top upwards), and whatever else Nintendo wanted to make him do. If you've seen Rhundus, apparently Vhozons have crazy Silver Surfer / Iceman powers, and are capable of flipping Space Pirate frigates over for MASSIVE DAMAGE.

So I guess I want Sylux, but Noxus is the practical choice.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Sylux would be nice to have in (he is my favorite hunter and he looks tight), but people would be abusing the Shock Coil for healing. Sylux isn't a human I don't think either.

But Spire is my second favorite, and I'm thinking of a moveset already for him. Plus, he was one of the three from MPH to be created as a Nintendo Trophy. And he's one of the starting hunters. So I vote Spite

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
i'm thinking Rundus, he is in Corruption, and if you are currious about his move sets, you can just look a one of the MP3 coruption trailers.

-He slides on a trail of ice/energy/phazon in the air
-He shoots out massive blasts of ice/energy/phazon

this guy has huge damage potential, and seems as though he will play a pivitol role in corruption, making him a possible character

in other thoughts, the space pirate Weavel looks sweet, and smash bros needs some metroid villains in it, really the only other metriod character is zero suit samus, she can't be considered a complete character

those are my thoughts, how bout the rest of you?

Ironclad

Smash Apprentice
From this list, I would have to Say Rundus/Noxus. They look almost the same, they're both the same race, they both have ice-related weapons/powers, they could well be different costumes on the same character.

But I think I'd want Dark Samus more than any of the other hunters. It (not a he or a she) has that unique organic look on it's suit, it hovers around in a creepy sort of fashion, and has a huge variety of unique moves to draw from. It will also be in all 3 Metroid Prime games once Corruption comes out, and so can be considered something of a major character.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I wouldn't care to see any of them. The only metroid characters I want are Dark Samus and Ridley. Refer to the link in my sig to my thoughts on Brawl if you want to see what I think of them. But if I had to choose I would go with Sylux.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Prefering Dark Samus over ANY of the hunters is kinda silly I think - at least none of them are CLONES! So what if she/he/it has a somewhat unique moveset to Samus - DS is still a clone. But oh well... to each his own I guess...

Back on topic - WEAVEL FTW! :grin:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Prefering Dark Samus over ANY of the hunters is kinda silly I think - at least none of them are CLONES! So what if she/he/it has a somewhat unique moveset to Samus - DS is still a clone. But oh well... to each his own I guess...

Back on topic - WEAVEL FTW! :grin:
You assume they would be clones based off of what might I ask? Same name? Or the same body structure? Dark Samus is a completely seperate character. She is Metroid Prime with some of Samus's DNA and her phazon suit. She has several different attacks such as the spreader cannon, the dive, her phazon shields, etc. As for the name thing, at least they are completely seperate characters something that Y. Link and Doc can't claim to. As for the body structures, so what? Peach and Zelda have the same body structures and yet they are not clones what so ever.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
You assume they would be clones based off of what might I ask? Same name? Or the same body structure? Dark Samus is a completely seperate character. She is Metroid Prime with some of Samus's DNA and her phazon suit. She has several different attacks such as the spreader cannon, the dive, her phazon shields, etc. As for the name thing, at least they are completely seperate characters something that Y. Link and Doc can't claim to. As for the body structures, so what? Peach and Zelda have the same body structures and yet they are not clones what so ever.
The bolded statement still proves my point: Dark Samus = CLONE. Regardless of the fact that she/he/it utilizes different mechanics from Samus in the game, a SSB translation would still more than likely be in the form of a Samus carbon copy. At least in the case of the hunters, which BTW also include many elements unique from Samus, have more to build upon due to the fact that hail from unique alien races - which provide far more possibilities than an "evil twin" character - I prefer Krystal over Wolf (though I really like him) for much the same reason... At any rate, arguments for Dark Samus belong in the Dark Samus thread.

WEAVEL FTW!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Woah wait u too?! man u have disapointed me... Dark samus may have part of the same name, same body structure, it doesnt matter cause"
1) DS has atatcks SIMILAIR to samus, yes, but it has attacks that samus doesnt, spreader attack, phazon shield, invisibility, and the phazon dive attack are some examples, DS wouldnt be a clone, it can have an original moveset, the closest thing it can get to is a Luigify clone...
2) there WONT I repeat WONT be clones sin brawl...
I know this has nothin to do with the hunters just wanted to make that clear...
Rundus FTW!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The bolded statement still proves my point: Dark Samus = CLONE. Regardless of the fact that she/he/it utilizes different mechanics from Samus in the game, a SSB translation would still more than likely be in the form of a Samus carbon copy. At least in the case of the hunters, which BTW also include many elements unique from Samus, have more to build upon due to the fact that hail from unique alien races - which provide far more possibilities than an "evil twin" character - I prefer Krystal over Wolf (though I really like him) for much the same reason... At any rate, arguments for Dark Samus belong in the Dark Samus thread.

WEAVEL FTW!
It is a seperate character that is just using Samus's DNA to take a form other wise it would have died after MP1 but you are right that it does belong in its respective thread. However, she isn't a clone and wouldn't be in Brawl.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Me too? What now? ARE YOU TALKIN' TO ME??? j/k
At any rate no one wants clones Stryks, but but we ought not rule out the possibility there will be clones in Brawl. Afterall, both of the previous entrie in the series had clones (1 in SSB64 and 6 in SSBM) and the fact that it is more or less a given when it comes to fighter games...

And again Uncle Kenny, Dark Samus takes on the form of Samus and bears enough similarities that but the character in danger of being cloned for the sake of convenience considering the heavy time constraints with regard to the game's development... By chance does anyone know how well MP2:E performed in Japan? - that would be a very important factor regarding just what sort of treatment Dark Samus would receive...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dont know about how well mp2 did in japan, but somewhere I believe ign i heard in a report that sakurai said there will be no clone sin brawl that he too hates them, I would look for the info but im real lazy XD...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Me too? What now? ARE YOU TALKIN' TO ME??? j/k
At any rate no one wants clones Stryks, but but we ought not rule out the possibility there will be clones in Brawl. Afterall, both of the previous entrie in the series had clones (1 in SSB64 and 6 in SSBM) and the fact that it is more or less a given when it comes to fighter games...

And again Uncle Kenny, Dark Samus takes on the form of Samus and bears enough similarities that but the character in danger of being cloned for the sake of convenience considering the heavy time constraints with regard to the game's development... By chance does anyone know how well MP2:E performed in Japan? - that would be a very important factor regarding just what sort of treatment Dark Samus would receive...
Kirby and Jiggs share similiarities, Peach and Zelda share similiarities, hell male wire frames and C. Falcon share similiarities so what? Also, Sakurai has openly stated that the Metroid series is underrepped and that it has become very successful in the time between Melee and Brawl and he feels as though he should do it justice. As for a character's importance, she was the final boss in MP1, MP2, and she will be in MP3. ALSO, Sakurai has stated that it doesn't matter how well a character does in Japan because this is a world wide famous game.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Kirby and Jiggs share similiarities, Peach and Zelda share similiarities, hell male wire frames and C. Falcon share similiarities so what? Also, Sakurai has openly stated that the Metroid series is underrepped and that it has become very successful in the time between Melee and Brawl and he feels as though he should do it justice. As for a character's importance, she was the final boss in MP1, MP2, and she will be in MP3. ALSO, Sakurai has stated that it doesn't matter how well a character does in Japan because this is a world wide famous game.
I was referring to similarities from the source game, NOT from within the SSB series and being that these similarities derive from the source game, it makes the possibility of being "cloned" all that much more real. And really... don't be suprised if a few clones DO make their way into the game - they're sort of a neccessary evil when it comes to fighters - well in many, if not most, cases any way...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I was referring to similarities from the source game, NOT from within the SSB series and being that these similarities derive from the source game, it makes the possibility of being "cloned" all that much more real. And really... don't be suprised if a few clones DO make their way into the game - they're sort of a neccessary evil when it comes to fighters - well in many, if not most, cases any way...
OK. If clones are to be expected than you just stated yourself that DS has a shot at getting in (by your reasonings anyway). Although she has a higher chance of becoming a clone due to time restrictions if anything I doubt she will be. Body structures don't hold much water, it is the moveset that counts. And DS's moveset in MP2 couldn't be any more different although they do share their similarities. At the least she would be to Samus as Luigi is to Mario.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
OK. If clones are to be expected than you just stated yourself that DS has a shot at getting in (by your reasonings anyway). Although she has a higher chance of becoming a clone due to time restrictions if anything I doubt she will be. Body structures don't hold much water, it is the moveset that counts. And DS's moveset in MP2 couldn't be any more different although they do share their similarities. At the least she would be to Samus as Luigi is to Mario.
I never said she didn't have a chance in the first place - just that she wasn't likely to make it in other than in the form of a clone. And yes I actually pictured er being more of a "Luigifed" clone than near carbon copy clone - still I'd prefer a hunter in that there's more room to make a unique character from any them - and including Weavel might satisfy the "OMG put M@st3R Ch33ph in!!!1!11one!" n00bs in that there are some similarites between the two as far as asthetics - Everyone wins with Weavel! :grin:

D

Deleted member

Well, I like Sylux better, but that's just a personal choice.

Ironclad

Smash Apprentice
Lord_Deathborne, have you played Metroid Prime 2?

Samus and Dark Samus look kinda similar, in that they are both humanoid shapes and have the bulky shoulder orb things. Other than that, they are nothing alike. Dark Samus' suit (if it can be called a suit) is clearly organic in nature, it is flexible and looks more like skin than metal. Dark Samus does not move in the same way; it floats, never touching the ground, and moves it's limbs in a very distinct way. It is much faster than Samus and can zip around at very high speeds. It also seems to use arcs of energy to manipulate things, akin to telekinesis. In gameplay terms, if it was put into brawl it would probably have more in common with Mewtwo than Samus.

Like I said before, it also has a unique array of powers available, and could be made far more unique than any of the other bounty hunters. If anything, characters like Sylux and Noxus would be 10x more likely to be a Samus clone. Weavel sux btw.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like Dark Samus and Ridley above all these hunters. I didn't watched the Metroid Prime 3 trailer yet. But didn't someone said there where these bounty hunters in there? If so... Their changes are probarly higher then you might think.

Anyways, I only own Metroid Prime 1, and Im stuck somewhere after the place you'll get the Plasma Beam. So I'd never fought Dark Samus. And while I know Dark Samus has diffrent abilities then Samus, I think it'd be best if it would be a Luigified Samus clone. Mainly because she's after all Samus' clone and she's called Dark Samus.

But out of all Metroid characters, I think Ridley and Samus (and Zamus) are the only Metroid characters that should be in Brawl. Too many characters from the same franchise is something Im against. Metroid is a good franchise, but the only real good devolped character is Samus... And Ridley. And just as the Wolf vs Krystal thing, I think Ridley would make a better character because both Wolf and Dark Samus have higher chances of becoming a clone.

Shouldn't this thread be called "Metroid Character Discussion" instead? :p

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Lord_Deathborne, have you played Metroid Prime 2?

Samus and Dark Samus look kinda similar, in that they are both humanoid shapes and have the bulky shoulder orb things. Other than that, they are nothing alike. Dark Samus' suit (if it can be called a suit) is clearly organic in nature, it is flexible and looks more like skin than metal. Dark Samus does not move in the same way; it floats, never touching the ground, and moves it's limbs in a very distinct way. It is much faster than Samus and can zip around at very high speeds. It also seems to use arcs of energy to manipulate things, akin to telekinesis. In gameplay terms, if it was put into brawl it would probably have more in common with Mewtwo than Samus.

Like I said before, it also has a unique array of powers available, and could be made far more unique than any of the other bounty hunters. If anything, characters like Sylux and Noxus would be 10x more likely to be a Samus clone. Weavel sux btw.
Um... can you try actually reading my posts before responding? I DID in fact acknowledge that the mechanics for Dark Samus are quite different, but there are ENOUGH similarities to Samus that runs into clone territory as far as a likely SSBB translation is concerned. And while the hunters play similarly to Samus in MP:H, there existes more potential to build upon in that they are each a unique alien species and that they aren't simply a "Dark" version of the main protagonist - which is getting TERRIBLY old IMHO... And before you go knocking other people's picks, at least try to present some evidence as to WHY... And I'm not saying that DS is a bad choice, just I believe that a hunter would be a better selection. At any rate, this is the HUNTERS thread - please direct all things Dark Samus related to the DARK SAMUS thread...

BTW I DID infact play MP2:E...

GodzillaMan

Smash Cadet
Gorea, because he satifies everyone because he can use all of the hunters moves.
I have even made a moveset that utilizes the hunters' weapons.

B-Moves

B: Energy Draw: Sorta like Kirby's Inhale, only a tentacle comes out of Gorea and takes the attack of the character it’s used on. (No effect if he grabs Kirby or another Gorea.)

B Alternate: Uses move stolen with Energy Draw

B-Smash: Tentacle Whip: A tentacle comes out of Gorea and whips the character this attack is used on

Up-B: Seal Sphere: Gorea flips upside down and tentacles come out and spin around him, when it is used in the air the tentacles make him go up.

Down-B: Random Weapon: Gorea uses Shock Coil, Imperialist, Battlehammer, Volt Driver, Judicator, or Magmaul.

A-Moves

A: Standard punch
A,A: Two standard punches
A,A,A: Two standard punches and a kick with each of his three legs.

F-Tilt: Kick with one leg.
U-Tilt: Overhead arm swing with both arms.
D-Tilt: Low kick with two legs

Forward Smash: Seal Sphere Shot: The Seal Sphere will come out of its body, travel about the length of Bowser's body and then go back into his body.
Up Smash: Magmaul Turret: Will thrust on arm above body and if a person is hit by it they will take fire damage until the move ends. Also shoots Magmaul shots. (Sorta like Zelda's Up Smash.)
Down Smash: Judicator Spin: Gorea will spin and use Judicator. Sorta like Bowser's Down Smash except uses ice.

Running-A: Will thrust both arms in front of self. Hits with fire power, ice power, and electric power randomly.

Air Attacks

A: Sorta like Zelda's except he shoots Battlehammer shots as well.
Forward A: He will kick with each leg, and the third will kick with electricity energy.
Back A: Gorea will lean back and shoot a blast of Volt Driver.
Up A: Gorea will aim one arm up and shoot a shot of Imperialist.
Down A: Gorea will kick down with all three legs.

Throws

Z: A tentacle will wrap around the player you grab. The tentacle works like Samus’s grapple beam. (Can be used to grab onto ledges also like the grapple beam.)
A: Gorea will squeeze them with the tentacle.
Forward Throw: Gorea will throw them up and whip them forward.
Back Throw: Gorea will pull them close and grab them with his arms. His arms will then spin around his body and he will let go causing them to fly backwards. (If you don’t get how I got this throw, fight Gorea again and make him flip upside down. Then use Imperialist to view his shoulders. They spin around his body from time to time.)
Up Throw: Gorea will simply throw them up with his tentacle.
Down Throw: Gorea will throw them on the ground and kick them away with two legs.

Random Stuff

Taunt: Launches a small shot of a random beam into the air. Does 1% damage if the beam hits anyone.

Super Move: Shoots a shot of Omega Cannon into the center of the stage. The shot will explode, heavily damaging everyone but Gorea.

Victory Pose #1: Gorea will spin his arms around his body.
Victory Pose #2: Gorea will thrust one arm into the air and then the other.
Victory Pose #3: The Seal Sphere will come out of Gorea’s chest, spin around him and then go back into his chest.

Stats

Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Height: 5
Weight: 5
Jump: 2 (Not very high jumps.)

And for those who do not know him, he is in the beginning of this vid (He grabs the hunters with his tentacles.) :http://youtube.com/watch?v=40Qc0TSEoHs&mode=related&search=metroid hunters ending

A bio from Wikipedia (WARNING: HUGE SPOILERS!) : Gorea is the name of the creature that arrived at the Alimbic Cluster on a meteor in gaseous form. It appears in Metroid Prime: Hunters as the final boss. After the meteor impact, Gorea proceeded to copy the Alimbics' cellular structure and destroy their civilization in a swift rampage of terror. The Alimbics were able to contain Gorea by using one of their artifacts, the Seal Sphere, and trapping it within the Oubliette. Seeking a way to break free, Gorea sent out a telepathic message to life forms all over the galaxy that spoke of a ultimate power in the Alimbic Cluster, in hopes that the promise of this power would bring life forms powerful enough to free Gorea from its prison so it could re-enter the galaxy and destroy all in its path. Gorea has three legs, changes color depending on the colour of the weapon it is using, is slightly bigger than Samus, and still possesses the Seal Sphere, located in the middle of its body, from which it draws power. The hunters who found the Seal Sphere had their power drained, and Gorea copied their abilities and weapons. Therefore, Gorea was able to use all of the hunters weapons. Gorea is heavily armored, and its body is impervious to conventional weaponry. The color of its shoulders, however, indicate the type of weapon they are vulnerable to, and can be destroyed by the weapon of matching color. When its shoulders are destroyed, Gorea flips upside down and the Seal Sphere rises above its legs. In this form, Gorea may be damaged when Samus uses the same weapons that destroyed Gorea's shoulders to attack the Seal Sphere, damaging Gorea due to its connection with it. It uses tentacles to attack. After repeating the cycle of destroying its shoulders and damaging the Seal Sphere enough times, Gorea will be defeated. However, if Samus had shot the symbols on the walls of the battleground with their corresponding weapons in the exact order as prophesized by the Alimbics, Gorea is revived and Gorea and Samus are transported to a new area in the Oubliette that contains a blue raised platform and a shield at the bottom of the platform containing the Omega Cannon, an extremely potent weapon. In this battle, Gorea uses a powerful laser attack and hurls meteors while it teleports around the battlefield. Ultimately, Samus uses the Omega Cannon to defeat Gorea once and for all.

And a picture of him: http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/gojiraman/gorea.jpg

GOREA FOR BRAWL! SATISFY ALL WHO WANT A HUNTER!

Stryks

Smash Hero
I dont know about gorea, like I said before, im hopin, from all the hunters, Rundus makes it in, I saw a few clips from metroid prime 3 and he kicks major ***, space pirates didnt do **** XD...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol I agree with the ridley part, but the SP didnt do anything in the video I saw lol well anyway... Rundus and Ridley FTW!

Feral Evanescence

Smash Rookie
Eh...perhaps Kanden or Weavel would be the best choices ^_^

They're not my favorite hunters...but they appear to be the brawl type :psycho:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I finally saw that MP3 trailer, Rundus kicks a**! Man I change my mind, that hunter should be in instead of Sylux. I loved that Samus vs Ridley fight also...

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
This is a hunters thread, all ridley and dark samus opinions belong in their respective threads
Godzillaman, nice job on the info, but gorea doesn't sound like a hunter to me. he's a creature, not a hunter

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
yeah yeah we know about opinions going in respective threads but i wanna say something.

to the clone issue RE dark samus. i guess we should remove luigi because he has the same 'stache as mario but but he is taller with some *some* original moves. next we remove peach, because her dress is pink and so is zeldas. then we remove pikachu because he is yellow, and yoshis can be yellow. now we remove gannondorf because he is a slow strong characetr, and bowser is a slow strong character in many regards. now we have to get rid of falco, because he shows up in the same series as fox, and i guess we dont really need marth or link because there is a beam sword item in the game. mewtwo is out because hes a pokemon along with 3 other chars. yoshi is out because he is a dinosaur and bowser looks like a big turtle wiht fire breath. next we get of captain falcon because he looks all muscled. anybody see where im going with this?

The point is every character is going to have some similarities to other characters while not being a clone of them.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dark samus shouldnt be commented here since shess not a hunter, still agree there will be similarities among characters (who arent clones) and dark samus, since its possible for her to be unique, she will have similarities with many characters...

Now of all the hunters, I can only c 3 guys in: sylux, weavel and rundus...
the rest dont have hands that can be used to grab ledges and stuff like that, and dont have the fighter look (yes kanden [worm guy rite?] has hands but he aint really that awesome)

I have given my reasons and made a moveset for sylux, he has a good shot, yes he actually had a role in the game unlike the rest of the hunters (didnt finish the game but with what I played sylux had a bigger role), weavel is also a good contender, being a space pirate and having the turret ability would make him way unique...

Now rundus, I really wanna c him in, one of the few allies samus has, the guy uses ice as his main weapon, and is totally kick *** in the videos I saw, yet its still too early to rate him and the other hunters, havent not yet played the game...

So here I go:

Weavel moveset:
B: Battlehammer - would shoot as fast as falcos B, weavel will shoot a powerful explosive shots forward in an arc, if the shot hits an oponent, they will receive high damaga and mid-knockback, if the attack misses, it will make a big "splash" on the ground, damaging nearby oponents...

<> Blade-slash: will propel himself forward and slash with his blade on his arm any oponent near, doing high damage and knockback, toug h the dash is a tad slow and thus can be didged easier than other dash moves...

Upb Slash jump: Weavel will jump kinda like marths upb, slashing anyone near and gives one powerful mid-high knockback hit...

downB: Half turret:
Yeah thats rite half turret, weavel will seperate himself leaving the turret in the place where he executed the move, then weavel will move a tad faster, but will be more lighter than usual, he'll have the same moves (except A moves where he needs his legs) and by pressing downB again, the turret will dissapear and reappear and thus makin weavels body whole again, will had a little lag when seperating and uniting (pretty much as the same lag between sheik/zelda tranformation)

Top Bottom