• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Brawl Had Only One Kirby Character Who Should It Be?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
As we all know Smash Brawl added both Dedede and Meta Knight. I think that was proabably the best decision but I’m also kind of curious who people think it should be if Kirby could only get one more additional Kirby character.

I think personally there’s not really any other character that would make sense besides Meta Knight and Dedede. Maybe Marx or Gooey or someone but I don’t think they’d be ideal. Both characters have their advantages too, Meta Knight’s a bit of an unorthodox pick that’s a nice change from all the “traditional” villains like Bowser or Ganondorf, but also Dedede’s moveset potential just seems slightly more interesting to me. Meta Knight’s probably the pick I see more often on fan rosters so I’m just curious what people think

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It's Dedede. I love Meta Knight, but King Dedede is firmly the second most important Kirby character. And Sakurai knows it too, because he was planning to add him as early as Smash 64. His role is strange to identify - both Kirby's most recurring rival and closest friend, he is the focal point and penultimate threat in a number of titles through various misunderstandings or some kind of possession. Up to that point he only missed a single game, I believe.

Leading up to Brawl, Meta Knight got a few new key roles... see Amazing Mirror, the one Dedede actually skips out on, but he was definitely not usurped. This was the moment MK was beginning to be treated as near equal to Dedede, but it's a height he only reaches in a select few games. Nowadays I don't think we ever need to have this discussion, the trifecta of Kirby characters we have are really perfect in my eyes and all have established themselves as worthy series mainstays. But if it ever came down to it, and if Brawl only needed one, I suspect Sakurai would opt for the clear series co-star who he had been trying to add since 1999.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I slightly prefer Meta Knight, but it's Dedede. He's easily the most iconic villain/boss character in Nintendo's roster outside of Bowser and Ganon and has appeared in every Kirby game in some form except for Amazing Mirror. He's in that category with Diddy Kong and Wario that "should" have been in Melee (obviously not practical given the 13 month development), so it was fortuitous that both got added in Brawl. If Meta Knight missed Brawl though I would imagine he'd possibly be the most requested first party newcomer for Smash 4, at the very least shoulder to shoulder with K. Rool and Ridley.

As we all know Smash Brawl added both Kirby and Meta Knight.
Damn, can't believe it took 3 games for Kirby to get added.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
A little late but agree with Dedede although think he could have made for a fun Subspace boss if they went with Meta Knight.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
The Fact that 2 people here see dedede as a villain on bowsers or ganondorfs level are uniformed my mans been mostly redeemed since kirbys adventure!

Top Bottom