• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If brawl was 3 dimentinal??

HokusPokus

Smash Rookie
If it was 3D would we all still love this game?
Would it still be the best seller for the wii?
just curious.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Not as much,no. It would get annoying.
Are you kidding? It would probably sell even more.

MSTK

Smash Cadet
3d brawl would suck hard; it'd almost be as bad as 2d brawl. No, 4d brawl is the only way to go. The combos and AT's possible there would be mindboggling. Not to mention the mindgame.

peeup

Smash Lord
by 3d do you mean like Tekken or Soul Calibur? Or like Clash of Ninja? Their both 3D, but Clash of Ninja uses the 3D aspect to more than just sidestepping. Clash of Ninja style would be cool, Tekken wouldn't.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
isnt the 4th dimension time?
time is in its own category... and as far as we know... if you think about it... time doesn't even exist or has a purpose.

a "Dimension" is a tool to shape out matter... the 3 dimensions are X, Y, Z, and the 4th is unknown but i am assuming that it is "twilight" and/or the state of mind.

to apply myself to the question... brawl is already a 3d game... it is just on a 2d plane... meaning that no chars ever move on the z axis nor do any of the stages require a pivot...

ZodXx

Smash Cadet
i think that if brawl were to be 3d it would ruin the whole meaning of smash bros itself. its been established as a widely popular game and has been just about the same ever since the first was released. so the change to 3d would really bite

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
i think that if brawl were to be 3d it would ruin the whole meaning of smash bros itself. its been established as a widely popular game and has been just about the same ever since the first was released. so the change to 3d would really bite
Exactly, and how would characters that can barely function in 3D work?
G&W would not be available, Sakurai would quit cause Kirby would be in 3D or something.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Brawl should be 1-D.
>___>

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
you guys have it all wrong, the question was "If brawl was 3 dimentinal??"

you guys think he's talking about if brawl 3 dimensional.

l0n3r

Smash Cadet
well, technically(graphoic wise) it is 3d, so just go to 4d

LOVE YOUR SIG! MELEEMASTER500

ToonTetra7

Smash Cadet
What would happen to G&W? :p
It wouldn't really be a SSB game, but I must admit I think I'd sort of like it.

It's just me - I have been playing alot of Power Stone on my Dreamcast lately :|
Meh. It's life, I guess...

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
If brawl was 3 dimensions how the heck would the camera work!? You would have to have separate screens for more than one person and if it was 3rd person view you wouldn't be able to see people next to you if they jumped really high. Btw Brawl is 2.5d:)

Top Bottom