• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Dedede is good in SSE...

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
I see him paired with Ike. Think about it: guy with huge sword, and penguin with huge hammer. It could happen, too, becasue in the video today, Ike was by himself. I just hope Dedede is good, at least...

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Theres a thread a few down titled "King Dededes role in subspace"...

Hes going to start bad. Bowser is very similar character wise to Dedede. Their both greedy, selfish but not really evil just for the sake of being evil. Its not in their character to work under someone either. They have both joined the good team to fight a greater devil.

They dont like being anyone's pawn, will fight for good when it benefits him, but today's update makes Bowser appear to be on Subspace's team. I doubt either of them will stay pawns for long, but they will at be pawns to start off. This is how 3D king stated it in the other thread I said.

I bet they are bribed by Subspace with more power or something. Their both greedy and like their power so they could be going along with it for that, but when they realize the subspace is killing planets and worlds or whatever, they help fight against it.

Bacon Man11

Smash Journeyman
I think he is going to be on the evil side first too.

But I don't know why, but I would like to see him with the Pokemon Trainer.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Wow... a fourth, if not fifth Dedede SSE thread.

In any case I see him paired up with Mario, and them meeting Kirby somewhere down the line.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I want Dedede to pair up with Captain Olimar or King K. Rool. Waddle Dee army+Pikmin Army or Kremling Army= total win.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Triple D needs to be paired with Ice Climbers. More hammers make for more fun.

MacLotr

Smash Rookie
I see Dedede starting off bad... working with Wario. Come on, their both greedy fat guys who aren't really evil, just lacking in the morals department.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Hell start off bad, but become good later along with the other villains later on.. itll be everyone vs subspace I think (or almost everyone, ganon might be too crazy and fight to the death)

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Theres a thread a few down titled "King Dededes role in subspace"...
... and there's a thread a few spaces below that one titled "Dedede's Role in S.E."

Threads got overtaken all the time, apparently. Not much to gripe about, at least not in this case, where it's been done at least 2 or three times already.

In any case, i wouldn't say Dedede and Bowser are all that similar. As many of the storylines that have Bowser in them would show, he's a conniving monster whose only soft spot is for Princess Peach, and would generally, with no qualms, leave a trail of destruction to get what he wants.

In contrast, Dedede's only real crime in the canon games is stealing food and a general air of childish selfishness. Every other game has either had his role as an enemy be a misunderstanding (he was actually being a hero), a la Kirby's Adventure or Nightmare in Dreamland, or being possessed by the actual villainous entity.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
They might even do a complete turn and have him join up with Kirby or (hopefully) Mario. That would be a sweet matchup, maybe even better than Kirby and MetaKnight.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I think it's..

Kirby <--> Peach
Mario <--> Pit
Yeah but theres multiple partnerships.

Just look at Diddy, he partners with DK and then Fox. Mario teams with Pit and Sonic

Dedede's gonna start bad like Bowser, but I think theyll be good in the end and everyone faces off vs the SSE

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
In the newest of the Subspace videos we really can't get a hint on whether or not he is good or evil. You would think that he wouldn't have that surprised reaction like many of the characters do that are on the good side. Would be strange if both of the kirby characters with a history of being villains ended up to be good. Of course these three characters are the most unpredictable in this story of any because their creator may choose to whatever he pleases.

Top Bottom