• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If I could Have a second of your time to rate a Pit.

-: Trey :-

Smash Apprentice
Yea I was kinda wondering what I'm lacking on how I use Pit, I checked a couple of posts here stating something about arrow looping and wingdashing. XD gotta learn those. But besides that anything else need to be learned?

Video of the way I used pit in competition:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctjKklqlOvc

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Sorry i didn't have time to watch past 1 min but from the little i saw you need to control your arrows more it helps for mind games and so that they can't avoid them so easy. Learn some AT's it'll help keep your opponent on there toes and give you more options. Side step and power shield more its one of the best things you can do.

aznpercussionboy

Smash Cadet
Not a bad Pit. I wouldn't recommend spamming arrows every time you knock your opponent of the stage. Go off the stage and try to use some edge guard techniques to make him fight his way back onto the stage. The MK liked to keep his distance from you and shield. So if you would have charged and instead of doing a running attack, you could've grabbed him several times.

Beo

Smash Apprentice
Chase off the stage more, but remember that Pit doesn't have a spike, so use F/U/B Air too attack off the stage. Also remember that pit has some really good recovery if no one is around to gimp it, so don't be afraid to use a jump to turn around for a B Air.

Also learn to control the Arrows, I only seen you shoot straight ones.

Also, you see to play a very campy pit, without the Arrow spam, why? I'd reccomend either shoot more arrows, or chase more.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Yeah you really roll way too much. most of the time for no reason. ur not even near ur opponent and he cant hit u in anyway. You could have easily walked backwards. I suggest you learn to wing dash since you really seem to like to back up, that and angelic dance that would work for you too.

But about the rolling. Any real decent player will catch you on that since u only seem to roll backwards, and its fairly easy to set up a trap for that. Or atleast see it coming. That and its just a really annoying playing style and it really just draws matches out.

Though thats really unrelated to pit at all. Though it seems u really like the hit and run style, and for pit thats generally not a good idea since his attacks are really weak in damage and knock back, and pit for me is generally a combo character. Its pretty hard to combo someone when ur constantly backing away.

Smash Apprentice
ah ok, Thx for the pointers! I'm gonna do a local tourny today with matches recorded xD I hope I can fix this before then.

Edit: I also almost have the arrow looping down. But I'm having alot of trouble with the wingdashing. I keep making it lag from the way I land. D:

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
First thing I noticed was that you grabbed ZERO times during that game. Sometimes you could have a shieldgrab but you instead opted for and AAA combo or a Dsmash. The AAA combo didn't rack up as much damage and the Dsmash was often too slow and got shielded by the MK. I would recommend incorporating the shieldgrab and grabs in general into your game. With the way they've been improved for Brawl (Super Armor/ "Grab" Armor), they are a great force.

Secondly, you should move your arrows. You were using them like Falco's blasters, and they were just going straight and missing often. When the MK was recovering, you could have easily tilted your analog stick to aim the arrows into him.

Thirdly, I noticed you F-smashed when the MK was in range of an Ftilt, but not an FSmash. I know I accidentally Fsmash a lot when I want to Ftilt, so maybe we both have the same problem there.

Lastly, check out the sidestep. Against MK, perhaps the sidestep is less sueful because of his many multi hit attacks, but it usually leaves you in position for counters if done well.

boricua_d3vil

Smash Rookie
ur good on blockin but u have to work a little on attacking the enemy not the air but ur good i am a pit fan too but ur good

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think that you roll and air dodge when you really don't need to. Meta Knight wasn't even near you at some points and yet you still rolled...If you roll too much, they can predict where you will be since rolling is a set distance and will punish you for it. Also, you seem to lack control with your arrows so I would advise that you practice curving the arrow's path so that your opponent wouldn't be able to predict them as well. I saw a lot of arrows getting wasted that way when you could have been doing an aerial to finish him off. Arrow guarding is good but only if you know how to hit them most of the time... Other than that, I would say that you play decently. Just make sure that you don't play too defensively or else you won't be able to deal the damage pit should be dealing.

Smash Apprentice
lol thanks for the pointers guys. I've been trying to work on these errors and fixed a good bit of them!
Things not fixed!
Still got that rolling habit
I smash like crazy if the opponent is at high percent
cant wingdash

Fixed!
More usage of the foward tilt instead of foward smash
learned arrow looping!
Will shield grab!

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
um dash attack isnt the best KO option. normally people dont see it coming but.. a easier and safer way is the sidestep f-smash or sidestep d-smash. Oh and Bend your arrows straight arrows break my heart.
grabs are good.. Hyphen smashes imo arent that usefull for pit. i think itd be better off doing single f-airs for spacing than it is for comboing. f-air although good makes you vulnerable if your trying to combo with it.
Dont always glide at your enemy its good to mix it up with a few under the stage recoveries.

Top Bottom