• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If only there was a possiblity to 6 more characters to the roster ? and few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Your apparently pushing for isaac. He's outdated, last generation. Matt is the hero of this generation

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Your apparently pushing for isaac. He's outdated, last generation. Matt is the hero of this generation
Yes, but Matt is not as possible as Isaac and his game was nowhere near as successful. Unless a GS4 is being planned during SSB4, then I think Isaac would get in over Matt, being the face of the series, like Marth. Matt could definitely be in if there is a GS4 though.

Don't be mad because I said Geno was unlikely :p

You sure about that? Considering Sakurai tried putting multiple toon characters into Brawl as we know from the code... He's likely safe.
Eh, maybe, but Toon games were also more relevant during Brawl time compared to now/the next 2 or 3 years.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, if Matt's game was unsuccessful, fire emblem may very well be a dead series.

There revival attempts failed. Why would Nintendo push to continue it?

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Well, if Matt's game was unsuccessful, fire emblem may very well be a dead series.

There revival attempts failed. Why would Nintendo push to continue it?

Wait now I'm confused. Why Fire Emblem? And I don't know why they would push aside from fanservice, but Isaac was an AT, so that's at least some recognition of his popularity.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait now I'm confused. Why Fire Emblem? And I don't know why they would push aside from fanservice, but Isaac was an AT, so that's at least some recognition of his popularity.
Forgot what the series was called. Golden Sun I guess is what it's called.

Well, if he's more or less of a dead series, you seem to be using the same logic as the fans of others you are mocking.

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Forgot what the series was called. Golden Sun I guess is what it's called.

Well, if he's more or less of a dead series, you seem to be using the same logic as the fans of others you are mocking.
I'm not mocking, I just don't think Geno is likely. Calm down. I'm saying that Isaac is more likely since he's made an appearance as an AT and is only second party, not third. Also, since I've heard that Sakurai is looking at more "classics", maybe we both have a chance, if Square Enix cooperates.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I heard a Golden Sun discussion so I came running. :laugh:

There is a chance Matthew will be included over Isaac, as he would represent the newest and possible future games, but I think Isaac is much more likely due to his popularity (he is still by far the most popular and requested Golden Sun character -- even in Japan). It would be similar to Fire Emblem, where Marth, no longer the current protagonist, but the most popular character, was planned for inclusion first.

Also, I wouldn't call the Golden Sun series dead yet, the last game was only what -- two years ago? That's definitely not enough time to classify a series as dead, even if the last game didn't perform as well as the previous two.

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
The only problem with GS getting a fourth game is that it will probably take focus away from Isaac (unless he makes another appearance) and pulls it more towards Matthew or whoever else is playable in it.
But he's still the face of series, so there's still a chance.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's not really a problem for Golden Sun getting a fourth game, that's more a problem for Isaac's chances for Smash. However, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there, it's possible that even with another game Isaac will remain more popular than Matthew, or it's possible that Matthew will finally overcome Isaac in popularity, we won't know until we actually get another game.

But by the time we do get another GS, it will probably be much after Sakurai has already made his roster, so the current popularity is the one that will play a factor on SSB4, of which Isaac is in the lead. If no GS character gets in for Smash 4, and GS gets another game, I think that would be a discussion more suited for Smash 5. :smirk:;)

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
That's not really a problem for Golden Sun getting a fourth game, that's more a problem for Isaac's chances for Smash.
Oops, it was meant to be read as the only problem that arises from Golden Sun getting a fourth game.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
1. King K Rool, Little Mac, Paletuna, Skull Kid, Tom Nook, Mewtwo
2. Cut Lucas and add Balloon Fighter and Snake for Samurai Goroh
3. Neh, It's nothing I'd change, I love it like it is really, or maybe cut off that silly slipping thing!

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Bringin' the listing origins of the thread back. Oh yeeeaa.

1: I don't really care that much. Still, I guess I'd go with Palutena, K. Rool, Ridley, Little Mac, Takamaru, and Mega Man...X.
2: Cut Ivysaur and Squirtle. Replace with Bulbasaur and Wartortle. Also, I guess replace Jigglypuff with Mewtwo or something.
3: YES! Something fresh and exciting. I don't know what in particular, but something that really makes the game feel new.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
1. Ridley, King K.Rool, Mewtwo/Newtwo, Little Mac, Isaac, Megaman
2. No one.
3. Nah. If it ain't broke. Don't fix it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Revived after 7 months, I see. :rolleyes:

Anyways, here's my list
1. K. Rool, Ridley, Roy/Lyn, Paper Mario/Toad, Isaac, Mewtwo

2. No cuts

3. Remove tripping, and a less floatier engine.

D

Deleted member

Answering the question in a different way:

1. Add Mega Man, Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Isaac, Mach Rider and Roy

2. No cuts

3. Some more chaining for attacks, a la Marth's Dancing Sword.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
1. Little Mac, Mii, Ridley, Andy, Issac, Tom Nook, Takamaru, Shulk

2. Replace Snake and Sonic with any two of the above (never been in favour of having third parties in Smash); replace Toon Link with Tingle (I've never understood the need for two Links when there are so many Zelda characters to choose from, Tingle being the most significant character in the series outside the Triforce bearers); replace Wolf with Krystal (Krystal has a great moveset potential); and replace Lucario with the new Mewtwo form (we'll have the best of both worlds then - we'll virtually have our Mewtwo back and the newest Pokemon games will be represented).

3. No.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
1. King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Megaman, Roy, Shulk, Isaac
2. None
3. There's going to be new stuff, but it shouldn't switch up the classic gameplay all that much

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Six Newcomers?
Dillon, Fawful, Palutena, Victini, Professor Layton, and Quote (Cave Story).

Remove anyone?
I wouldn't really want to. But I would consider removing Lucario in favor of Mewtwo or Newtwo.

Gameplay changes?
I'd really prefer the game to stay the way it currently is. But I'd love mode where you can play as bosses using the Wii U Gamepad against four friends using wii controllers. Seems like it would be fun.

final lap

Smash Journeyman
I hope you answer the following questions :

1.What will be your six choices ?

2.If you want more than six specify the characters you want cut ?

3.Would you rather have new gameplay ?such as an approach similar to Kid Icarus ground battles ?
I'd cut

Snake
ROB
Olimar
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Peach
Ike
PT
Lucario
Pikachu

6 + 10 that gives me room for 15

I'd add
Mii
4 Driller characters (Susumu, Taizo Ataru, Anna)
and the rest Sonic characters

p.s.
replace Sonic with Sonic/Werehog
replace Mario with Doctor Mario

but maybe I'm just trolling all y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom