• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Smash Bros has a celebrity as the announcer and Master Hand

Celebrity choices

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
Christopher Walken, because every game needs some Christopher Walken.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Morgan Freeman.
And here I thought this wasn't a great thread because people from other countries that still speak English might not know who these people are. Then someone from India votes for Morgan Freeman and completely nullifies my point. Do most people watch more foreign films then I do?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And here I thought this wasn't a great thread because people from other countries that still speak English might not know who these people are. Then someone from India votes for Morgan Freeman and completely nullifies my point. Do most people watch more foreign films then I do?
Well, Hollywood stars are pretty popular.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Other: Bruce Campbell

I wouldn't mind having a female announcer, although I can't think of a particular celebrity at the moment.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Out of these I've gotta say Arnold. The sublime delightfulness of Morgan Freeman can only pale in comparison.

D

Deleted member

Instantly Morgan Freeman.

Heck, it would be awesome if he announced what was going on throughout the whole battle.

Vale

Smash Ace
Morgan Freeman is overrated.

Pokemon Stadium announcer, ftw
I support this, but only if it also cycles through ~3 phrases every time a character performs an action in addition to the standard announcements.

"A fierce battle has started in [insert stage name here]!"
"[character] jumps up high!"
"Marth's dancing blade is doing a number on the competition!"
"Final Smash! It's a one-hit wonder!"

It would have basically 0% chance of getting annoying.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Again, I ask: why does it matter who does it as long as it's a cool announcer voice? I think the ones we have had so far are just fine and a voice actor is going to sound better than some random celebrity. Not to mention that "A list" actors as you call them would cost Nintendo millions of dollars to hire (unless they can find someone willing to do it for the art).

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Morgan Freeman making a slow, extremely calm and cheesy introduction of the game on the same vein of his documentaries would be GOTF-level.
I imagine it like God telling a fairy tale. Such epicness.

I vote for Mr. Iwata in English anyway. Just for the lulz.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
Again, I ask: why does it matter who does it as long as it's a cool announcer voice? I think the ones we have had so far are just fine and a voice actor is going to sound better than some random celebrity. Not to mention that "A list" actors as you call them would cost Nintendo millions of dollars to hire (unless they can find someone willing to do it for the art).
Well it's just that video games nowadays keep hiring those kinds of people and I'm thinking Smash might do the same, not to mention Kiefer Sutherland plays Snake now

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Well it's just that video games nowadays keep hiring those kinds of people and I'm thinking Smash might do the same, not to mention Kiefer Sutherland plays Snake now
That's not really the Nintendo way, though. They just got into doing voice acting for their games and the closest they've ever done for celebrity endorsement is Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. And look at what happened with that.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
That's not really the Nintendo way, though. They just got into doing voice acting for their games and the closest they've ever done for celebrity endorsement is Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. And look at what happened with that.
That wasn't a speaking role though

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
C'mon guys, we all know who Master Hand really is, right?

Top Bottom