• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could rewrite the SUbspace Storyline...

Grinch21X

Smash Apprentice
What would you do? I would give Sonic a better role, as well as Wolf, Jigglypuff, and Toon Link. As for everything else I dunno. Discuss.

D

Deleted member

Well, this is what I would do:

- Include the part that was dropped from the storyline.
- Give Sonic a better role.
- Give Toon Link, Jigglypuff, and Wolf better roles.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
-Give Sonic a better role. No. Correction: GIVE him a role.
-Have Toon Link, Jiggz and Wolf work together (think about it. lol)
- A few voice overs (simple phrases/one liners for certain characters)
- and other stuff I can't think of right now.

The Brigand

Smash Cadet
First, I'd start by having dialogue. Even if there's no voice acting, making all the characters literally mute was simply stupid.

Secondly, the structure of the game would change massively.

• Whoever you pick at the start of the game (Mario, Kirby) determines whose path you follow afterwords. Picking Mario ends the first stage before the boss fight and defaults to Peach being chosen by Kirby, picking Kirby lets you choose which princess he takes and locks you onto Kirby's Story. After beating either, you unlock the other's story.

Following Mario's story gives you him and Pit and ends with the fight against Yoshi and Link over Zelda. Beating it unlocks Link's Story.

Following Kirby's story gives you him and the princess of your choice and ends with him joining Mario, Link, Yoshi, and Pit. Beating it unlocks Link's story.

Following Link's story gives you Yoshi and ends with the fight against Mario and Pit over Peach. Beating all three of them unlocks the Five Heroes' Story and the DK Story.

Beating the DK Story gives you Diddy, Fox, and Falco. It ends with the boss fight against Giant Diddy, and unlocks the Three Swordsmen's Story.

Beating the Three Swordsmen's Story gives you Marth, MK, and Ike. It ends with defeating Galleom and unlocks Lucas's Story.

Beating Lucas's Story gives you Lucas and all of Pokemon Trainer's pokemon. It ends with the fight against Galleom and unlocks the Halberd Story and the Bomb Factory Story.

Beating the Halberd Story gives you King Dedede, the Ice Climbers, Lucario, Snake, the princess you didn't choose, and Mr. Game & Watch. It begins with the otherwise cut events pertaining to King Dedede and the Halberd, ends with the recruitment of Mr. Game & Watch, and is one of the three keys to unlocking the Finale.

Beating the Bomb Factory Story gives you ZSS, Samus, Pikachu, Captain Falcon, Olimar, Donkey Kong, and ROB. It ends with the Bomb Factory's destruction and is the second key to unlocking the Finale.

Beating the Five Heroes' Story doesn't give you any more characters. It ends with the three groups meeting and is the third key to unlocking the finale.

Beating the finale gives you Bowser and Sonic (and *can* give you Ganondorf and Wario, provided you met the conditions for unlocking them). It ends with the defeat of Tabuu and unlocks Sonic's Story and Snake's Story. Getting all of the characters will also unlock the Villains' Story.

Beating Sonic's Story doesn't unlock any more characters. It ends with part of Sonic's world being engulfed by Subspace and Sonic choosing to enter of his own free will.

Beating Snake's Story will give you Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff, lulz. It ends with Snake (by himself) infiltrating the Halberd.

Beating the Villains' Story doesn't unlock any more characters. It ends with the villains abducting Palutena.

Beating all of the stories unlocks a dozen or so SSE stages for Multiplayer, Boss Battles 1, Boss Battles 2, and Boss Battles 3.

Beating any chapter unlocks its episodes.

As for major rewrites...

Five Heroes' Story: Bowser's troops take all of the trophies, rather than just the princess, which will always be the one you chose in Kirby's story. Near the end there will be a boss fight against Palutena, under the control of the Subspace Army.

The Halberd Story: Like I said, it starts off with a new stage specifically for King Dedede, which is shown entirely in flashback form.

Finale: Dedede, Ness, and Luigi start off in Bowser's castle, rather than Dedede's.

Sonic's Story: It starts with a traditional Sonic story beginning, with Robotnik up to something and Sonic and friends doing their best to stop him. It consists of two levels: Green Hill Zone and Egg Carrier. The enemies of the former consist entirely of Sonic enemies, while the latter features some of those and Subspace enemies. New bosses include e-101 Mark II and the Egg Dragoon.

Snake's Story: More of a joke, really. It consists of three VR missions which are otherwise identical to the stages you'd find Wolf, Jigglypuff, and Toon Link in normally. Each of them pairs you up with the character you'd find in them. At the end of it Snake is given the specifics that lead to him infiltrating the Halberd.

Villains' Story: It starts with Master Hand recruiting Ganondorf and Bowser for his purposes. New stages are Diamond City (enemies: Black Sugar Gang, Wario, and Captain Syrup piloting a new mech), Mothership (enemies: Space Pirates, Metroids, and Mecha "Iron Ted" Ridley), New Pork City (enemies: various Chimeras, Pig Army soldiers, and Porky), Isle of the Ancients (enemies: ROB army and ROB), and Underworld (enemies: Snakes, Grim Reapers/Mini Reapers, Eggplant Wizards, Centurions, and Palutena).

New Enemies:
-Gamma Clones
-The Robots from Sonic Unleashed*
-Monkey Robots

-Black Sugar Pirate
-Big Black Sugar Pirate

-Space Pirate (Red)
-Space Pirate (Black)
-Metroid

-Snakes
-Grim Reaper/Mini Reapers
-Eggplant Wizard
-Centurion

New Bosses:
-Palutena/**
-e-101 Mark II**
-Egg Dragoon**
-Captain Syrup**
-Mecha Ridley**

New Modes:
-Replay Story: Unlocked after beating Kirby's or Mario's stories. Allows you to replay any story you've beaten with any character or set of characters you've unlocked.
-Replay Episode: Unlocked after beating Kirby's or Mario's stories. Allows you to replay any episode from any story you've beaten with any character or set of characters you've unlocked.
-Boss Battles 1: Petey Piranha, Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Galleom, Ridley
-Boss Battles 2: Mecha Ridley, Meta-Ridley, e-101 Mark II, Captain Syrup, Duon
-Boss Battles 3: Rayquaza, Porky, Palutena, Egg Dragoon, Tabuu

Minor Changes:
-Each story has its own score counter, and your score does not carry over between repeats of that story. Getting the continue screen at any point during a story resets your score to zero.
-Your final score is equal to the scores of every completed story.
-Replayed episodes do not have a score counter.
-Boss Battles scoring is determined first by time, then by total score. You have a total of ten minutes to beat every boss, time does not replenish between fights, and continuing subtracts a minute from your remaining time and sets your score to zero. If it can't do the former, then you get a Game Over.
-Any achievements involving beating Boss Battles will only require you to do so for one of them, rather than all of them.
-Boss Battles Difficulty alters your recovery options. On Easy, you simply revert to 0% after every battle (up to 3996% healed). On Normal and Hard you have three "All-Star"*** Hearts (up to 2997% healed). On Very Hard you have two normal Hearts (up to 200% healed). On Intense you have three Maxim Tomatoes (up to 150% healed).

*Don't know the name of this enemy. It's the most recurring enemy, though.
**I have general ideas for how these bosses would fight, but this post is big enough as it is.

BluePSI

Smash Champion
NNID
BluePSI
I guess I would give some characters who didn't get much action (or none at all >.>) bigger roles, there would be lots of potential for new content that way

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon saves everyone, but kills Sonic for being faster and a furry.

CaptainOlimar123

Smash Journeyman
Tabuu is about to kill everyone but Sonic jumps out of nowhere and does a spindash on him then Tabuu dies but Mario shoots a fireball at Sonic and Sonic catches on fire,Cpt.Falcon falcon punches Sonic,and Cpt. Olimar throws all of his pikmin at Sonic then Sonic dies. The End

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Ditch Tabuu & the subspace army entirely. For a game about crossing over Nintendo characters it's weird to have so many completely new enemies filling the stages. Moblins, Metroids, Space Pirates & the like should be comprising the entire bestiary.

The plot, well just have the assorted villains form a legion of doom to take over the world. Basic but with no dialogue what more is needed?

Maybe have a plotline involving the hunt for numerous powerful items like the Triforce & the Chaos Emeralds.

Ol-Jeb

Smash Apprentice
An ol' shack out in Antarctica, the last frontier.
hmmm....not really sure.... to be honest I got sick of the *nod and grunt in agreement* thing that EVERY character did. I know it was because there was no dialogue but it still got annoying, maybe mix that up a bit. I'd also bring in the extra characters that showed up like ONCE or at the end (ie sonic, wolf, that lot) and give them more screentime/prominent roles.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Remove the Great ****ing Maze and give Kirby and D3 a lesser role.

They don't need to be EVERYWHERE.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I agree with ditching Tabuu. Nintendo pulled a no-no in revealing the true bad guy only a few levels before the end. Mixing it up to that level is for early-mid part of the story.

The fact there was no talking wasn't good either. I mean, a lot of the characters games have them not talking, but there are also NPCs to fill that.

And, Sonic. Where the **** did Sonic come in at?!? How did he know he was helping the good guys? Sure, FINALLY seeing him was exiting, but it wasn't the best way to introduce him to the story. Same for Wolf, Jiggs, and T. Link.

Plus, Smash bros has a good character count, a "Story Selection" kinda thing would work good too. Kinda like Sonic Adventure was...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Simple. No great maze. Instead replace it with a shadow bug room where you fight Emerald versions of the Characters you chose.

For example, If I chose MK, Luigi, Fox, Marth,Yoshi, and Snake, then I would fight the emeral versions of them consecutively in that order then end up in front of Tabuu's door.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Instead of Sonic, Crazy Hand should have came and falcon punched Tabuu xP
Then they'd have a 1min battle and Crazy Hand would fall
THEEEEEENNNNN....the final battle begins xP

Sorry it's like late at night i'm sugar high.

BluePSI

Smash Champion
NNID
BluePSI
Oh yeah, I forgot!
Ditch the whole levels, let the characters explore from real places in their games :p then go to subspace (without the maze :p)

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
It would be cool if they had an RPG type thing instead of the maze xP

Mogotoo

Smash Rookie
Hm, well:

• Give each character a unique storyline. You can select any character you want (unless there still locked, of course) and play the game as they always see it. Of course, storylines would converge, but perhaps we would see more of each character by themselves. You know, like seeing Ness before he suddenly appears out of nowhere to help Lucas. Or getting to see why Sonic was even there.
  • Add more Nintendo locales. On the map, organize them in a sort of circular fashion, and then place all of the generic areas in the "Nexus."
  • Dialogue.'Nuff said.
  • Give Kirby characters less of a role, and give the more major characters the larger roles.
  • Don't kill Mario so much.
  • Show the Halberd takeover.
I think that's all.

Top Bottom