• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you wanted to get kirby Epic Yarn this year,

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
O GAISE IM NEVAH PLAYIN KIRBY OR SONIC OR MARIO IT ALL SO KIDDY ND GHEY LOOKING IMMA GO PLAY MAH COD AND HALO SINCE THE GRAFFIX R LIEK 1002020!!!!!one! TIEMZ BETTAH. IT R NOT KIDDY GO PLAY UR ****TY BARBIE HOSE ADVENTURE.

Really Ric, sometimes my friend you outdo yourself.

And gw EA, couldn't of said it better myself

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Refresh Rate is not the same as Frame Rate but they are somewhat related.

Lets just say that your TV refreshes 20 times per second (no TV does this) and you had brawl which runs at 60 fps. The 60 would in effect become hard capped to 20 fps because if you can only see the screen update 20 times every second, then that means your losing 40 frames every second. This is why most games (PC games mainly) framerate is capped at your monitors current Refresh Rate.

A more realistic example is the comparison between PAL/NTSC TV. PAL TV runs at 50hz with TV shows being filmed at 25 frames per second. NTSC TV runs at 60hz with TV shows being filmed at 24 fps. I'm sure you havent noticed but every American TV show/movie you have ever seen in Australia is actually running roughly 4% faster than what it was filmed at. This is because our PAL fps is 25 while the movie/show was filmed at 24fps, since we must display 25 frames every second on our TV but we have 24 frames to work with, we must then show the 24 frames that was supposed to be played as well as 1 extra frame that was meant to be displayed in the next second. Since the length of each frame is in reality 1/24 seconds then if we were to display 25 frames in one second then those 25 frames would take 25/24 seconds. To fix this, each indivudal frame is sped up by 25/24 ~ 4%

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
So basically you're saying the refresh rate is the frame rate of the TV, which is exactly what I was saying?

As a curiosity though, I thought NTSC TV runs at ~30fps, and it's movies that are filmed at 24fps?

Sieg

Smash Champion
Does anyone remember when you played games for fun?

I sure do.

Dunno about some of you though lol.

Richard7

Smash Ace
O GAISE IM NEVAH PLAYIN KIRBY OR SONIC OR MARIO IT ALL SO KIDDY ND GHEY LOOKING IMMA GO PLAY MAH COD AND HALO SINCE THE GRAFFIX R LIEK 1002020!!!!!one! TIEMZ BETTAH. IT R NOT KIDDY GO PLAY UR ****TY BARBIE HOSE ADVENTURE.

Really Ric, sometimes my friend you outdo yourself.

And gw EA, couldn't of said it better myself
Epic Yarn seems to take it to a new level of kiddyness.

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
And as far as videogames go it's true (at least it is for the systems we're talking about)
No, you're wrong.

why bother explaining it more technically? >.>
I have a tendancy to explain to people with personality disorders why they're wrong.

Also, you do realise a "refresh rate" is the definition of a frame rate, right? Refreshing the screen = drawing a new frame onto the screen, regardless of whether or not the frame is different to the old one.
You've already been told why you're wrong here by Corpsecreate, but I'll re-state for clarity:

You're wrong.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
give him a break zier, for him the most important aspect of any technology is whether or not it will work against link.

its hard work being a lord of evil.

Splice

Smash Hero
Just because you can't die doesn't make a game easy.

WARIO WORLD 3 WAS NOT EASY O_O

I'm not even sure if this will be the easiest Kirby game...
But whatever. It doesn't look like it would be very fun to speed run, but I'll still enjoy playing it normally.

The only thing that worries mean in this game is apparently you don't swallow anything...
And also I saw some cool vids of a Kirby game for Wii a long time ago and it was like crystal shards and I was hyped and if this is replacing it (even though it was never confirmed) then that's actually dissapointing.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
And also I saw some cool vids of a Kirby game for Wii a long time ago and it was like crystal shards and I was hyped and if this is replacing it (even though it was never confirmed) then that's actually dissapointing.
That game is long loooong dead.

Splice

Smash Hero
........ :cry:

If it wasn't for brawl then I'd totally regret buying a Wii right now.

Zelda better not dissapoint, and please let there be Pikmin 3

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
You've already been told why you're wrong here by Corpsecreate
lmao Katzen, you're an idiot. You obviously don't even understand the point I'm trying to make if you actually think I'm disagreeing with you or Corpse, I even basically explicitly agreed with him. But hey, whatever you reckon dude.

I'm done with this, trolls and idiots are too much for me rofl.

Zxv

Smash Lord
lmao Katzen, you're an idiot. You obviously don't even understand the point I'm trying to make if you actually think I'm disagreeing with you or Corpse, I even basically explicitly agreed with him. But hey, whatever you reckon dude.

But you're pretty much the biggest troll ever?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
........ :cry:

If it wasn't for brawl then I'd totally regret buying a Wii right now.

Zelda better not dissapoint, and please let there be Pikmin 3
there's heeeeaps of good games whatchu talkin bout

Splice

Smash Hero
At the least this game will probably be better than Metroid: Other M and have a better final boss I hope dear god

MTGod

Smash Champion
You -clearly- haven't played Arc Rise Fantasia.

Best.

Comedy.

Ever.

Katzen

Smash Journeyman

lolwhyumadtho?

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Other M was an awesome game, so much better than metroid prime games. **** prime, I'm glad team ninja have made the move back to traditional style metroid. Sure it could use a few tweaks still but I think it's the start of something good.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I agree with Rob, Primes are lame...
Other M > Primes
At the very least its better then Prime 2 and 3

Top Bottom