• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IGN's wishlist for Smash 4

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Wtf..no megaman or castlevania char but 2 more bowsers? Hell no...

-Ran

Smash Master
Most of the characters they listed wouldn't have distinctive move sets... Go go Geno though. =p

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
You realize this particular wishlist was for characters that are SPECIFICALLY NINTENDO right?
Isn't geno a mix of nintendo and square license or purely owned by square? Cause i remember of the rumor for the original delay being that S/E had problems with their agreement so they had to remove him.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Isn't geno a mix of nintendo and square license or purely owned by square? Cause i remember of the rumor for the original delay being that S/E had problems with their agreement so they had to remove him.
Yes but in their description they say something along the lines of 'since the game was published by nintendo, we're going to place geno here'

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
10. Bowser Jr / Shadow Mario - NO
9. Tom Nook - YES
8. Samurai Goroh - NEUTRAL
7. King K. Rool - NEUTRAL
6. Geno - YES
5. Mewtwo - YES
4. Blue (Green in Japan I guess) - YES
3. Midna - NO
2. Ridley - YES
1. Koopalings - YES!

That's my take on it.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Once again IGN's opinion fails. They can write reviews ok but every time they've ever suggested an idea for a game it's been pretty dumb....

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Yes but in their description they say something along the lines of 'since the game was published by nintendo, we're going to place geno here'
Still, that leaves the door open for all 2nd party chars.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
I think some might be taking this a little too seriously... It seems to just be for fun. Personally, the idea of 7 Koopalings as a character made me chuckle a little. :D But don't brood over their decisions and typos... Its just IGN. :D

Zevox

Smash Lord
My opinion of their list:

10) Bowser Jr - Okay.
9) Tom Nook - No.
8) Samurai Goroh - Okay.
7) King K Rool - Yes.
6) Geno - Okay.
5) Mewtwo - Hell Yes.
4) Rival Trainer - Hell No. (PT is unique. Lets leave him that way.)
3) Midna - Yes, but on her own, no wolf.
2) Ridley - Yes.
1) Koopalings - WTF? Hell No.

My list:

10) Bowser Jr/Geno
9) Ray 01
8) Samurai Goroh
7) Lyn (or new FE character from a game that comes out between now and next SSB)
6) King K Rool
5) Ridley
4) Midna
3) Mewtwo
2) Isaac
1) Krystal

Zevox

ConeZone

Smash Ace
interesting a bout koopalings...but i think that would be sweet if they could figure out a way to get them in...they were bowsers main henchmen until bowser jr.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
My impressions, a la another poster:

10. Bowser Jr / Shadow Mario - WHY?
9. Tom Nook - Bwahaha he'd kick everyone's rears.
8. Samurai Goroh - I guess?
7. King K. Rool - It's not such a bad idea, but what does he actually do anyway?
6. Geno - As more than an AT? Keep dreaming! (But yes, it is desirable... despite Mallow being capable of so much more)
5. Mewtwo - Die plz?
4. Rival PT - Good idea!
3. Midna - Maybe?
2. Ridley - Oh I don't care
1. Koopalings - Wow, really? Well, however you work that out. They deserve better than Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga.

PS Why is Isaac so popular? Is Golden Sun really that big? I never finished it, but I didn't think much of any of its characters, really.

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
Without even mentioning characters, the thing I want most in SSB4 is to bring the BONUSES back. WTF did they take them out? They were one of the best things about SSBM.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
Without even mentioning characters, the thing I want most in SSB4 is to bring the BONUSES back. WTF did they take them out? They were one of the best things about SSBM.
oh god are you serious? I WEEP NOW!

where have I been?

sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t

that is like the single player scoring in vs. it is the best

WTF!!

SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

** tears shirt, and weeps more**

WiiwanttoBrawl

Smash Apprentice
8. Samurai Goroh

One of Falco's most infamous rivals and currently an Assist Trophy in Brawl, the character's potential contribution to the game (fighting-style wise) is worth giving Goroh a promotion to fighter. He would add considerable diversity to the game, and make many gamers happy in the process. LOL!!! wtf falco!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

My list:

10) Bowser Jr/Geno
9) Ray 01
8) Samurai Goroh
7) Lyn (or new FE character from a game that comes out between now and next SSB)
6) King K Rool
5) Ridley
4) Midna
3) Mewtwo
2) Isaac
1) Krystal

Zevox
*gives the thumbs up*

Clearly, you understand what most people are looking for in the next game.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well, I'd be totally happy with this list. If Mewtwo, K. Rool and Ridley get added I'm pretty much satisfied with the roster, though my most favourite choice would be Knuckles, but that will probably not happen anyway.

And well... I don't really care for the other characters anyway, so if Mew2, KRool and Ridley are in AND ALL characters from Brawl I'd love this game.

Of course there would be other cool characters to add like maybe Dixie Kong or Plusle and Minun, but they're not that important at all...

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Once again, people aren't seeing the big picture.

We can't decide what happens in the next smash. IGN can't decide what's in the next smash. There's only a few people who can, and they all speak fluent japanese in nintendo's corporate boardroom.

But what the hell. I'm sure IGN knows better than Nintendo's market research team.

Wishlists. Sheesh.

Koopalings. Doublesheesh.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
My opinion of their list:

10) Bowser Jr/Geno
9) Ray 01
8) Samurai Goroh
6) King K Rool
5) Ridley
4) Midna
3) Mewtwo
2) Isaac
1) Krystal

Zevox
I disagree with Minda since it's unlikely she will appear in another Zelda game, but there is the whole Sheik argument...

Anyway, aside from that, I would love these newcomers for the next game, at this point.

Top Bottom