• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
And then, when you decide to do the top 8 thing, you have recordings for Losers/Winners/Grand Finals.
That's a good idea, obviously anyone who wants to record matches can save their replays and do so, and for the 8-man bracket at the end of the season I'm sure we can find a way to get those final sets recorded. I could keep an archive of links to the sets in the thread somewhere.

:034:

pinoymk

Smash Rookie
Just a question for you. Filipino ka? (That's like most of the tagalog I actually know)
I still won't be able to sign up. But I would still love to check out the chat and say hi, but it still won't load for me. :(
ya im filipino but dont know too much tagalog either haha. moved to US early but at least i can understand my family.

i cant seem to add max ._.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Just a question for you. Filipino ka? (That's like most of the tagalog I actually know)
I still won't be able to sign up. But I would still love to check out the chat and say hi, but it still won't load for me. :(
son you need to sort out youre technology, sent your wii off for repairs and get a decent computer

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
we should sooo have a Brawl Soccer tourney after the biweekly matches are done! If we have 8 people that's enough for a small tourney XD

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Actually, now that I consider it a bit more, it's very possible and not everyone even needs to have Homebrew. All we need is 4 or 8 people like you said and 1 or 2 people with Homebrew and that WiFi waiting room stage available to play on. As long as they have no game modifications along with it (like BB, B+, B-, etc...), even people without Homebrew should be able to join and play on the waiting room stage.

I could look into it a bit and see if I can find a way to have that stage playable with no other modifications so I could host it after the tourney.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Who was with me when we figured out flashing eruption makes Jigglypuff stay in the air for like 20 minutes at 999%?

(I can't remember if it was like 16 or like 26 minutes... something like that.)

Craysyn, was that you and Max?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Who was with me when we figured out flashing eruption makes Jigglypuff stay in the air for like 20 minutes at 999%?

(I can't remember if it was like 16 or like 26 minutes... something like that.)

Craysyn, was that you and Max?
It was definitely me, I went to make a sammich while we waited, lol. Although I forget who the other guy was... pretty sure it wasn't Max, and it was while we were watching Kirk's smashfest live stream so it could have been anyone there. If we can find our troll posts in the Jiggs boards social thread his post would be there too, that's the only way I think we can figure out who it is unless he finds this.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
I can sign up, right? Lol, I'm still in training, but I think this is a good opportunity for me to learn a lot from other Ikes, eh? D:

Yeahh... Username of course: IkeFiend
Brawl Tag: Ike!?
Friend Code: 3223-4132-2126

And uhh, my bro might wanna join too. But we use the same friendcode (same Wii, :dizzy:) is that going to be a problem? (He might not want to join 'cause he hates online... and brawl.)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
It was definitely me, I went to make a sammich while we waited, lol. Although I forget who the other guy was... pretty sure it wasn't Max, and it was while we were watching Kirk's smashfest live stream so it could have been anyone there. If we can find our troll posts in the Jiggs boards social thread his post would be there too, that's the only way I think we can figure out who it is unless he finds this.

LOL I remember that; we all went to go eat sandwiches and come back.

LOL, found the posts.

^ quoted for the original post
It was lcampoy8. I remember now that I see his post.

It was 16 minutes at 999% and a 2.0 damage ratio, by the way.

EDIT:
See post below. =\

EDIT2:
I just saw the tag you use, IkeFiend. Either we need to be friends, or you're stalking me and taking my ideas. In which case, we need to be friends.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I can sign up, right? Lol, I'm still in training, but I think this is a good opportunity for me to learn a lot from other Ikes, eh? D:

And uhh, my bro might wanna join too. But we use the same friendcode (same Wii, :dizzy:) is that going to be a problem? (He might not want to join 'cause he hates online... and brawl.)
Yah, sign-ups go until Wednesday night so I'll add you in. San will be giving pro tips as he sees fit and I might give you some advice too if I notice anything while we're playing.

Hmm... I don't think I'm going to allow Wii sharing though, just because this is a round robin tournament, so if two people had to use the same Wii, it would literally take twice as long. If your brother really wants to sign up, maybe he has a friend whose Wii he could use for it? As long as he hates Brawl and WiFi I imagine he won't take it too badly if he can't join.
:ohwell:

It was lcampoy8. I remember now that I see his post.
Lmfao, I just found the posts too and was about to link them here. Oh the good times. Hitting each other as far to the right as possible and then trying to run all the way back to the starting platform.

Edit:

I just saw the tag you use, IkeFiend. Either we need to be friends, or you're stalking me and taking my ideas. In which case, we need to be friends.
LOL, wow I just noticed that too. Could be coincidence or it could be fate.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
or it could be a sockpuppet account, signing up to give himself free wins!
nah i doubt that,
anyway, wtf are you on about with brawl football/soccer?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Oh oh, i will happily record brawl soccer (football for GP)

I think we need rules for it.. 2 periods of 5 minutes sound good? (half time break and all that) 10 stocks (2 stocks a minute i guess) aand team attack on

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Yah, sign-ups go until Wednesday night so I'll add you in. San will be giving pro tips as he sees fit and I might give you some advice too if I notice anything while we're playing.

Hmm... I don't think I'm going to allow Wii sharing though, just because this is a round robin tournament, so if two people had to use the same Wii, it would literally take twice as long. If your brother really wants to sign up, maybe he has a friend whose Wii he could use for it? As long as he hates Brawl and WiFi I imagine he won't take it too badly if he can't join.

Woohoo! :lick: Can't wait, then. ;3

Yeah, before you even said that he was like "Don't wanna join", lol. XD

EDIT:
See post below. =\

EDIT2:

Eh? WHAT WORDS DO YOU SPEAK. Is that your tag or something? D: I'll have you know I made this tag when I first started playing Brawl (no internet, no wifi, no publicity or anything LOL) on July 9th, 2009! D: XDDD!!! [:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Well, when I started playing in late 2008 (casually, I went to my first smashfest in Jan 2009), I made my tag.

BLF!? is my tag. (My initials.)

I mean, it isn't the SAME tag, but it's the same principle and in yours, the exclamation point is before the question mark, just like mine.

EDIT:
Why didn't everyone just call it football together? American football should have been called something else. It barely has anything to do with feet!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Man, I guess I can try this out. But I'm not going to use this as a measure of how much I suck since I already suck.

Gamer: Mr. Doom
SSBB Wii Name: MD&H
Friend Code: 3007-7767-9751

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Woohoo! :lick: Can't wait, then. ;3

Yeah, before you even said that he was like "Don't wanna join", lol. XD

Eh? WHAT WORDS DO YOU SPEAK. Is that your tag or something? D: I'll have you know I made this tag when I first started playing Brawl (no internet, no wifi, no publicity or anything LOL) on July 9th, 2009! D: XDDD!!! [:
oh wait, only just noticed youre a female brawler XP

@brettster: i agree, although i actually know why its called soccer, its still stewpit -__-

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
oh wait, only just noticed youre a female brawler XP

@brettster: i agree, although i actually know why its called soccer, its still stewpit -__-
YOU... Whaa? Is there something wrong with being a female brawler? :urg: Don't underestimate me! I've got a few tricks up this... Ike of mine! ....Yeah! :p

EDIT:

Well, when I started playing in late 2008 (casually, I went to my first smashfest in Jan 2009), I made my tag.

BLF!? is my tag. (My initials.)

I mean, it isn't the SAME tag, but it's the same principle and in yours, the exclamation point is before the question mark, just like mine.
LOL!! That's funneh. xD! We're epic like that. Right!? <--- Reference.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Meneil is a pretty good female brawler, let alone Ike main. It's stupid to underestimate an opponent based on gender. Remember that one time when Mr. Doom got ***** by that azn girl who mained MK? Iono if it was more of the MK or him taking the girl lightly, but he got *****.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Yeah, it's just that fewer girls play, so you don't see them at the top level of their character very often, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't take them seriously.
Girls can be good at games too. I've seen it.

BTW IkeFiend, you seem excitable. Lol. You'll be fun in the xat.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
what, when did i underestimate? im just not used to seeing the *****-less kind on smashboards is all XP

and yes, xat will be much funnier this weekend

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's just that fewer girls play, so you don't see them at the top level of their character very often, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't take them seriously.
Girls can be good at games too. I've seen it.

BTW IkeFiend, you seem excitable. Lol. You'll be fun in the xat.
Lol I know, I know. I've been through that argument plenty of times... D: And on Youtube too LOL.

Ughhh, Xat... Don't remind me. I've got plenty of enemies who set me down as their friend just so they can find me.... SO DON'T BLAME ME IF TROLLS COME LOLLL...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Lol I know, I know. I've been through that argument plenty of times... D: And on Youtube too LOL.

Ughhh, Xat... Don't remind me. I've got plenty of enemies who set me down as their friend just so they can find me.... SO DON'T BLAME ME IF TROLLS COME LOLLL...
i had that problem last time, though apparently one of them was known by san, who nkew XP
**** kingheart, trolling our xat

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
This is why Nysyarc and I are two owners and we set most of the other Ikes to Administrators.

We can kick them, ban them, or troll them back all day. We'll turn it into OUR fun.

Top Bottom