• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Don't let item FFAs get to your head. So what if you lost? let your friends feel like winners for once. They already know they lose 1vs1 badly they just hate admitting it cause of the whole sterotype of girls not being good at video games is not over yet.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
There is a very easy counter to "Why shouldn't we use items if they are in the game? That's the way it's meant to be played"

"If it's how it's meant to be played, why is there the option to turn them off?" Then promptly link anyone stupid enough to think Brawl isn't competitive to an MLG tournament thingy, preferably where it shows how much money the winner gets.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
There is a very easy counter to "Why shouldn't we use items if they are in the game? That's the way it's meant to be played"

"If it's how it's meant to be played, why is there the option to turn them off?" Then promptly link anyone stupid enough to think Brawl isn't competitive to an MLG tournament thingy, preferably where it shows how much money the winner gets.
But playing with no items is for losers nyac nyac -pushes up his taped glasses-. This is stupid, I'm gonna go read issue one of the Amazing Spiderman.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sadly, I never played a doom game before. =( Closest I've gotten was Shadow Warrior for the PC

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Aww, playing Doom now without the nostalgia of having played it in your youth would make it not quite as enjoyable I imagine. It's still a fun game in it's own right, but a lot of my enjoyment while playing it now comes from the memories.

:034:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Huh... Is that why he's Mr. Doom? :dizzy:
I assume so, unless there's a different reason, but that would make the most sense given that he likes Doom. He mods his own maps for Doom 2, and I also found out recently that he converted some Doom song covers into .brstm format (which I downloaded and use on some of my stages now).

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Oh, cool. xD I've never played the game, though. I've always heard about it, but never tried it out. Map modding.. Mmm, fun.

Lol, I put a bunch of Last Remnant battle songs for my BRSTMs. I love those songs... Really great battle themes. (The game is great, too).

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Oh, cool. xD I've never played the game, though. I've always heard about it, but never tried it out. Map modding.. Mmm, fun.

Lol, I put a bunch of Last Remnant battle songs for my BRSTMs. I love those songs... Really great battle themes. (The game is great, too).
Yet the PC version got a bit of extra polish *hates himself for getting the 360 version*, anywhom; "Gates of Hell" on Final Destination (lolyoudontplayFDwithIketho), really sets an interesting atmosphere.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Yet the PC version got a bit of extra polish *hates himself for getting the 360 version*, anywhom; "Gates of Hell" on Final Destination (lolyoudontplayFDwithIketho), really sets an interesting atmosphere.
HAAAAAHAAAAAA. I put that song there. XD! And I also put "Press to Victory" and "Schimsogenesis" there. [: And I play FD a lot, but whenever I play there, I use Marth.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I never played Doom before, but I think there was a movie (dunno if the plot's the same) with the same name. Really enjoyed one of the last scenes where it became an FPS.
Lmfao, that movie was pretty awful. The FPS scene was cool but basically everyone who's seen it has agreed that it's the best part of the movie and the rest is just pathetic. And no the story-line isn't the same; I believe in the movie it's some kind of dumb virus that's spreading, while in the real Doom it's literally Hell breaking loose.

So basically they turned something completely bamf into a lame cliche that's been used plenty of times before in movies.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
*sigh* I so wish I could join,

but I won't be coming back to USA till the end of august when college starts.. wut a bummer.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
And was a decision ever made on challenging other character boards?
We'll probably discuss it more seriously after this next bi-weekly, and we'll make sure we get everyone's input. Of course it also depends on how willing the other character boards will be to participate, so we may end up just sticking to Ike dittos even if we all agree to challenge other boards. I'm confident that there are several other boards who would WiFi with us though.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I will come.

Aren't everyone who already signed up for 1 automatically in unless absent?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well I do up a new spreadsheet for the results each time, and it's easier if I don't put too many more people than necessary, which is why I ask for confirmation. If I added like 25 people each time and then only 12 or 15 show up, it leaves a lot of blank on the spreadsheet or requires me to make a lot of changes to it last minute.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
I think I might be able to get in on this one, sign me up.

Edit: I'll get my FC later and repost.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
I won't be able to come to this one, since I'll still be halfway around the world. :(

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Man i haven't heard a song by ATeens in so long o_o i remember when Nickelodeon would play a music video of them xD

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Heehee, I played my Game Development class in Brawl again and told them to turn the items on... I went ZSS and abused the items soooooooooooo bad. I beat 'em and said, "You wanted items; I gave you items."

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I don't get why you just won't post in the general/social thread to talk about stuff like that. -.-

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
This has kind of become it's own social thread... which I don't really mind as long as the discussion is Brawl or Ike related and not spam. Ashunera's Barnes & Noble (lol) is being used more for serious or at least semi-serious Ike discussion, but technically we can discuss anything in there.

Top Bottom