• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
:D Yaaaaaaay!

By lava combos do you mean any move to hit the opponent into the lava, or just what ever happens to happen when somebody gets knocked into the lava by Quick Draw?
Doing both makes it more fun!

And yeah, let's do that seasonal match-up stuff. It's always fun.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Now that the date is planned, how about the rulesets? More specifically stages. Will we be giving the updated stage sets a shot this time around or keep the current list?
Hmm, I'm really tired right now but tomorrow I'll maybe start a brief discussion with you guys about that. I don't want to do a vote because that just wouldn't work for a stage list. Basically I'll just get everyone's input on some of the more borderline stages and go from there.

:034:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Okay, so I want to have the first bi-weekly this Sunday if possible. If you guys can post here tonight or tomorrow anytime confirming whether or not you can make it (usual time, details are posted in the OP). I'll be taking sign-ups basically until the start time of the tourney, since this is all happening so fast. This tourney will count towards the new season's PR as long as we get 8 or more people to show up. If not, we'll just have some friendlies with whoever shows up and start sign-ups earlier for next weekend, which will count.

And yes, there is a new season PR up and ready to be claimed, and last season's PR is below it in the OP with the final stats of the top 8 (made it in a different font so all the characters would line up for the stats). Also, all stats have been cleared from the collapse tags of our sign-up names, so we've all got a clean slate to start from. I also removed a few names from the sign-up list if the person hadn't been around for quite awhile; if I removed your name and you would like to join the bi-weekly this Sunday just let me know.

Hope we get a good turnout!

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
(when I'm not watching football).
Yah I just realized that may be an issue for some people on Sundays now. I can just tape any games I may want to watch but some people might not be able to. Meh, hopefully we luck out and most people's teams are playing on Sunday night or Monday. Lot's of breaks during a football game too so I guess you could multi-task.

EDIT: Wow 25% ratio?
29% actually, even better. How did you read 25? I guess that Courier font is worse even than I thought it was, lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yah I just realized that may be an issue for some people on Sundays now. I can just tape any games I may want to watch but some people might not be able to. Meh, hopefully we luck out and most people's teams are playing on Sunday night or Monday. Lot's of breaks during a football game too so I guess you could multi-task.
What's the point of taping something live? If I wanted to, I could just go on the internet and find the results. Sports are best watched when they are actually happening.

Anyways, I'm a fantasy football nut, so I'll be keeping heavy tabs personally.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
What's the point of taping something live? If I wanted to, I could just go on the internet and find the results. Sports are best watched when they are actually happening.
I agree, but I enjoy watching Football to... well, watch Football. Well you guys know I used to play Football so yah, I don't need to be seeing it live to enjoy it. Like, I would never miss watching a playoff game live, but for regular season I just tape a match if I want to see the match-up but can't watch it live.

I agree with bored, sports are fun to watch live, cause you don't know whats gonna happen.
Well, it's pretty easy to avoid seeing or hearing about the results of a game at least for a day or two before you watch it. Just because you don't see it exactly while it's happening doesn't mean you'll know how it ends when you do watch it, especially with the regular season. That's why I make a point to watch the playoffs live, cause you always hear about those results whether you want to or not, lol.

And yes, it's 5 in the morning here in NS and I'm still awake. I'll probably pull and all-nighter and get a good long sleep tomorrow night cause I don't work for several days.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Good stuff guys.

So I can edit polls here now, but I can't remove them entirely; and apparently unless a poll is removed entirely, people who voted already cannot vote again. So we can't do the re-voting every two weeks unless I get an administrator to remove the poll or I make a new thread each time and then trash it after the poll. I don't want to pester an admin to remove a poll every two weeks
In my opinion it's not asking for much, but many of the admins seem kind of touchy about stuff like that

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I don't think i can make this one.. =\ Practice/Real SAT on sunday from 12-4 CST DX usually its on saturdays but cause of Yom Kippur it was rescheduled to sunday...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I need to find a way to get online. My Wii's LAN adapter is still not giving me its MAC address.. kind of a piece of crap lol.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Good stuff, looks like we'll have more than 8, so this can count towards the new PRs.

I would normally send out a reminder PM right about now but honestly, sign-ups happened so close to the tourney date I doubt any of you forgot about it. See you in the Xat!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
If you guys were curious:

The Wii does not like sharing the internet with an Xbox 360, a laptop, a desktop, and the telephones (they work on magicjack). Once my mom started using the phone, I was getting game-freezing level lag on Battlefield. >_>

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah, even with a USB wired internet the Wii lags when anything else is streaming/downloading/doing anything internet-related.

Also, stats are updated, and PRs will be decided on in due time... it shouldn't take us long, hopefully by tomorrow.

Now, I did not enter stats for individual match-ups of players vs players, only total set and match wins/losses (check the collapse tags by your name and you'll see what I mean). There were a few reasons for this, but mostly it's just because it takes a buttload of time and isn't really necessary. If you guys really want me to, I do have the information of player vs player wins/losses and I can put that information in the OP like last season... but I really don't want to, lol.

Top Bottom