• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If this is your first time, simply put down your Name, Tag, and FC. Afterwards, whenever the host (Nysyarc) announces sign ups, just confirm you will be attending.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
With any luck and more obama DI persuasive skills I'll be able to make this.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Probably can't make it to this one. LAN adapter hasn't come yet, and I predict school will be annoying. It's probably safe to say I won't be attending these anymore until break again really... :/

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yep, that's fine Chaos (we can call you that right?).

I'll add you to the sign-up list. Information for the date and time of the event is in the first page of the thread, but I'll post it here quick anyways. We will be meeting in this chatroom:

http://xat.com/chat/room/99028889/

On Sunday, October 3rd, at 3:00 pm EST. And I believe you are in EST, being in NC, so it'll be at 3.

Edit: And to answer your question, it's a round-robin style tournament, so everyone who attends will have a best 2 out of 3 set with everyone else. This obviously means you'll get more competitive playing time than you would in a double-elimination style bracket.

Not sure if that accurately answers your question though, please let me know if you'd like me to clarify anything else.

:034:

ChaosMagician

Smash Cadet
alright thx nysyarc and yah you can call me chaos idc i just love things with chaos in it

but please note i am borrowing my grandparents wii to play brawl n also i will notify when my wii reads my disc at a consistent rate w/o the unable to read thing popping up almost everytime

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
That's fine, as long as the FC you gave is the one for the Wii you'll be using. As for the Brawl disc being unreadable, there are some ways around that if it becomes a more serious problem, but as long as you can get it to work for now that should be okay.

Also, please use the "Edit" button near the bottom of your post instead of making a second post immediately after your last. Not a huge deal really but it helps keep things neat. :) Obviously if someone else posts after yours, you can make a new one.

ChaosMagician

Smash Cadet
ight and i should be able to brawl on sunday i was planning on brawling som1 that is good with ness to help him train for a tournoment but i can get it moved to saturday or friday

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Can I just like, confirm myself for every match this season right now?
Actually that's a good idea, if anyone wants to just have their sign-up automatically recurring let me know and I'll put a symbol of some sort next to your name in the OP. Then you'll just have to let me know if you can't make it one week.

I'll add the symbol for your name now, Light.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
In China, everyone has the same DI.
i believe you mean everyone in china has the same ID (waits for flaming)

i should be in for this, but i may not spend long as i've been diagoned with M.E (its gto a proper name, but i cant spell it) and so a lot of sleep is needed, and seeing as this astarts at like, 8pm my time i wont be spending much time in the chat before going to bed

ChaosMagician

Smash Cadet
so is it going to be sunday 3:00pm est or what just send me a message to this email address below on when it is going to be

nckorn1996@gmail.com

then add me pls to the automatic recurring

"why walk away from a loss when you can keep it up and finally win"

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You won't get an email, but you will definitely get a PM. So just check your inbox every now and then before the event.

Also, I don't think it's a good idea for you guys to be added to some "reoccurring" list. Take it from someone who is in the PR and views the brackets, it's annoying to see a bunch of blank/red spaces for people who were supposed to show up, but didn't. We're better off just adding you to the list if you confirm every other week.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well, that is a good point Bored but I've started to modify the chart and remove people who didn't show up after the event; the only red spots now should be where people had to leave early and couldn't play someone else who was there.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Still trying to find a way to get on wifi..

ChaosMagician

Smash Cadet
i checked my schedule n i have a soccer game at 5 on sunday...well idk if ill be able to stay for the whole thing but ill reply asap to this forum if i can, so its at 3:OOpm est time on sunday right?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yep that's right, if you can't stay for the whole thing that's fine. Just stay for as long as you're able to and get in as many matches as you can. We can start some matches early for you if you're able to be online sooner than 3:00.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm usually online around 2 and sometimes even earlier, and quite a few others usually arrive early, so we can do our matches with you as we arrive and that way you won't have as many to do once it actually starts up at 3.

Top Bottom