• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Alright guys, tourney starts in a little over 3 hours, I'll be sending out a reminder PM as well. You can feel free to show up early for some friendlies and stuff. If I am there early as well, which I probably will be, I may let some tourney sets play out to speed things up once it officially starts.

:248:

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for not posting sooner, tbh I just saw the PM this morning. If it's not too late I'd like to join too! =)

Edit: Here's my fc too 2578 3477 6087

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Okay, everybody's individual stats and the All-Time Records have been updated in the OP. I will continue to take data on secondary characters throughout the season. I know I mentioned at one point during the tourney that it was a lot of work to keep track of it all, and it is, but I like data and I can deal with it.

Anyways, that's all there if anyone wants to take a look. If you notice any issues with your stats (maybe a set was reported/recorded wrong, you never know), please let me know a.s.a.p.

The panel will begin discussing the PR tonight, or at least I'll initiate it tonight. We should have a PR worked out by sometime tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who came out, I think it was a good first tournament. Hopefully we get even more people next time!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hope everyone had fun today. Nice job to Ryo and BS.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Damn @ BS.

Good stuff, guys. How'd it go?
You should've come! I could've played another Kirby D:

But yeah, this was a lot of fun, I enjoyed getting to mix up my characters a bit. Made the Ike dittos a lot fresher. Also, it was very scary how often Ussi and I threw out the same move at the same time in our ditto. The first movements were almost identical, too lol.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
BS has quite a few strong secondaries which definitely gives him an edge over most, and Ryo's Marth is ridiculous. So far I prefer it this way over 100% Ike dittos because it encourages you to learn more MUs and also to improve your own secondary characters if you want to perform well. You can win the Ike ditto all day but if your secondary character can't cut it and you don't know the MU with your opponent's secondary, you'll lose the set 1-2 no worries.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Props to Nysyarc (and helpers if applicable) for such a comprehensive list of stats. Keep it up!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Yeah bs, I would love to play ya, san, and ryo.
Mostly ryo since he's living where i'm at. :p

I'm almost getting at dat chu status.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You should've come! I could've played another Kirby D:

But yeah, this was a lot of fun, I enjoyed getting to mix up my characters a bit. Made the Ike dittos a lot fresher. Also, it was very scary how often Ussi and I threw out the same move at the same time in our ditto. The first movements were almost identical, too lol.
I still got 3 stocked out of frustration that everytime your moves came out faster

Also where are the 2ndary stats?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Good fun today guys, Even if i was so tired by the end of it that I very nearly fell asleep on my desk afterwards XD
I need to work on my occasional severe slow starts, Some matches i wouldnt even get started untill my last stock XD

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Also where are the 2ndary stats?
I could include full secondary stats, I have the data necessary. So far it's only displayed in the Secondary Records section of the All-Time Records, and obviously only for the top 3 in each category, barring ties.

I guess I could add full secondary character data to each player's collapse tag. I'll get on that later today when I've got a bit more time. I cleaned up the sign-ups a bit so there should be plenty of space to add more stats.

Edit: The one thing I don't have is a record of all the secondary characters each player used, regardless of whether or not they won with that character. Like, I only record the secondary characters that a player wins a match with.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I would consider people only using one secondary to make the "data" easier, but then again...some consider certain secondaries easier to use against certain MUs.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah it's fine to use multiple secondaries, I have a spreadsheet for recording that. It would be too much to differentiate which secondaries they used and lost with versus which ones they won with (for records purposes), so I only note secondaries that each player won a match with.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah the positioning of you, Slaps and DTK was the only major wrinkle we had to work out, and it could have gone many different ways due to the obscurity with lack of head-to-head data and some outlying wins/losses.

BTW I've added secondary character data to each player's stats in the OP. Basically just lists secondary characters you've won matches with and how many matches for each character. Could also be looked at as how many sets won with that character because in all cases that you win with your secondary, you win the set.

While doing that I found some minor errors in the secondary data and fixed a few of the records accordingly. I also devised a better way to record the data for next time so that I know I'm not making any mistakes as I go.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Okay, two quick things I'd like everyone's opinion on whenever you can:

1) Would anyone have a problem with moving the start time back one hour to 2:00 pm EST?

2) Did anyone have any issues with any aspect of the stage list?

I'll leave these open to discuss until the weekend because I think they're the only things we may have to change for the next bi-weekly.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lylat is dumb on wifi

Make CS starter or go 3 starters.

I thought it was moved backed to 2pm EST so i arrived an hour early to the biweekly >_>

I didn't strike much as i would forget too and join a game before striking

Top Bottom